Ryan Kent

GOAT

A guy we spent £7M on should not be running the ball out of play (more than 1 occasion today). It got so bad today that i wanted Barker on!

When hes playing well he is explosive and dangerous and on his day one of the best players in the league.

Issue is 1 good game/half and several games offering next to nothing. Ideally we would have someone bursting to get in the team to add some competition there. 

I would rest him for next game and start with Buff, Itten and Hagi up top.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, kelvd1873 said:

I’m not sure what’s happened from scoring against Spartak Moscow away in EL to playing development squad games. I think he’s playing most weeks so match sharpness shouldn’t be too bad. Maybe gerrard just doesn’t rate him?

Gerrard was pissed at him for turning down a loan offer in Holland (I think) last year and instead ended up at Hibs & Bradford which were a disaster.

I'm with you, there is still something there with him. Every time I see training videos, he's scoring, Ha!

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Gerrard was pissed at him for turning down a loan offer in Holland (I think) last year and instead ended up at Hibs & Bradford which were a disaster.

I'm with you, there is still something there with him. Every time I see training videos, he's scoring, Ha!

He is, scored a cracking free kick a couple of weeks ago at broadwood stadium for U23s

24 minutes ago, five stars said:

Gerrard seems to have a blind stop were Kent is concerned. But i don't think it does the player any favours, knowing he's going to play even if he's off form.

Maybe Kent shows too much in training and not enough on the pitch.

10 hours ago, GOAT said:

Quite possibly the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a rangers player.  Still baffled why he lasted 87 minutes but Hagi was took off.

He was rotten today bro. The amount of poor touches and passes was doing my nut in. 

8 hours ago, simplythebest said:

Having said that i'd take the chance to drop him at the moment even if it means moving a couple of players around, very least Kent needs a wake up call 

Mate I had literally typed that out last night but accidently hit the button to have the post 'hidden' but I have no idea how to reverse it so just deleted it and couldn't be arsed writing a long winded post out again:lol:

17 hours ago, RD.1872 said:

Worrying trend with Kent is that he's either unplayable or absolutely useless.

He has been the latter for a good while now.

Sell.

IMHO Davie Cooper could be like that, fantastic one game & poor the next.

8 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Let's be honest, last week aside, Kent has contributed fuck all in 2/3 months. 

To quote our manager in not so many words ‘it’s about grafting in and out of possession’.

I can guarantee you Kent is up there with the players who cover the most ground and to do that you need a good engine.

The problem with Kent is that some posters on here think they’ve actually paid the whole £7 million out their own pocket and want to squeeze every last penny out of him.

The same posters are always looking to put the boot in at any opportunity which is sad to see.

Our biggest season in a decade and we’ve got one hand on this title flag with Kent being a major part of it yet posters only see the negatives. 

We all have our own opinions and it would be boring if we all agreed but the facts are the points on the league table and the facts are Kent has played most games and personally contributed to where we are at the moment.

Lot's of the frustration is we all know what he is capable of and he's nowhere near that at the moment but he's far from the only one. Every player should know if their form drops then there is somebody waiting to take their place, we still have a good few positions in the team where that is not the case, get that sorted between now and the summer and we are in a good place.

6 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

To quote our manager in not so many words ‘it’s about grafting in and out of possession’.

I can guarantee you Kent is up there with the players who cover the most ground and to do that you need a good engine.

The problem with Kent is that some posters on here think they’ve actually paid the whole £7 million out their own pocket and want to squeeze every last penny out of him.

The same posters are always looking to put the boot in at any opportunity which is sad to see.

Our biggest season in a decade and we’ve got one hand on this title flag with Kent being a major part of it yet posters only see the negatives. 

We all have our own opinions and it would be boring if we all agreed but the facts are the points on the league table and the facts are Kent has played most games and personally contributed to where we are at the moment.

No one is saying he doesn’t work hard or is a good team player but in our team the front 3 and the Arfield/Aribo positions jobs are to score the bulk of our goals.

Kent has one goal since the start of September which is fucking pitiful.

He should be dropped when Roofe and Arfield are back and not just for one game.

His performance yesterday got to the point where it was painful to watch.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No one is saying he doesn’t work hard or is a good team player but in our team the front 3 and the Arfield/Aribo positions jobs are to score the bulk of our goals.

I would say a hell of a lot of that statement is what you impose and see to be true rather than the angle the coaching team are looking at it from. 

There is enough evidence now to show it isn't just about assists and goal, its sort of redundant making mention of it at all times, there is so so much more to it than that 

15 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

If that was the case Candeias would be starting every game still. 

Or is the problem with Kent that he doesn’t contribute enough?

3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I would say a hell of a lot of that statement is what you impose and see to be true rather than the angle the coaching team are looking at it from. 

There is enough evidence now to show it isn't just about assists and goal, its sort of redundant making mention of it at all times, there is so so much more to it than that 

A forward isn’t in the team to score or assist?

What’s his role then?

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A forward isn’t in the team to score or assist?

What’s his role then?

Kent in reality has never had great "numbers" since his arrival yet Gerrard continually plays him, Josh Windass had tremendous numbers one was signed for 7 million, one was told to fuck off quite quickly, such things show why a forwards role isn't only about goals and assists. 

An offensive player can offer a route towards a goal without having an assist next to their name on transfermarket.com 

Kent offers us outstanding offensive shape and constantly stretches' and strains the fuck out of a teams defense at times in games when he doesn't crate a direct assist. 

Archived