Ryan Kent

GOAT

5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Kent in reality has never had great "numbers" since his arrival yet Gerrard continually plays him, Josh Windass had tremendous numbers one was signed for 7 million, one was told to fuck off quite quickly, such things show why a forwards role isn't only about goals and assists. 

An offensive player can offer a route towards a goal without having an assist next to their name on transfermarket.com 

Kent offers us outstanding offensive shape and constantly stretches' and strains the fuck out of a teams defense at times in games when he doesn't crate a direct assist. 

:lol:

He was diabolical yesterday and when we got it back to 1-1 instead of driving the team on he went hiding and anytime he did get the ball passed it back/sideways to Barasic Kamara or Davis as quick as he could.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If that was the case Candeias would be starting every game still. 

Or is the problem with Kent that he doesn’t contribute enough?

I don’t have a problem with Kent but I see him more as a winger than an out and out goal scorer like Morelos, Defoe and to Itten and Roofe to an extent. 

Kent rarely plays through the middle as well. 

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No one is saying he doesn’t work hard or is a good team player but in our team the front 3 and the Arfield/Aribo positions jobs are to score the bulk of our goals.

Kent has one goal since the start of September which is fucking pitiful.

He should be dropped when Roofe and Arfield are back and not just for one game.

His performance yesterday got to the point where it was painful to watch.

On my reading of the game Arfield and Aribo play in an entirely different position as Kent but all three are there to support and contribute to the goal tally, over and above the natural goal scorers like Moleros and Defoe, and Itten and Roofe.

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

:lol:

He was diabolical yesterday and when we got it back to 1-1 instead of driving the team on he went hiding and anytime he did get the ball passed it back/sideways to Barasic Kamara or Davis as quick as he could.

I was roasting him to my boy yesterday when he chipped a ball into the box and Tav headered it back across goal but Itten and Morelos were sleeping. Not sure if that was before or after the equaliser though?

38 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

It seems like he has went downhill since GM mentioned talk of an England call up. Not sure if this affected him or not.

He needs dropped for our next game or 2 anyway and hopefully this will benefit.

Roofe, Itten or Wright (if he comes in) can play there.

I’m might be wrong but I seem to remember his best spell of form was right at the time when the Leeds speculation was strongest. 

Regardless, he’ll be back contributing positively on Saturday I’m sure. 

Just now, Amokachi said:

I’m might be wrong but I seem to remember his best spell of form was right at the time when the Leeds speculation was strongest. 

I think he always shows in Europe 

35 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Kent in reality has never had great "numbers" since his arrival yet Gerrard continually plays him, Josh Windass had tremendous numbers one was signed for 7 million, one was told to fuck off quite quickly, such things show why a forwards role isn't only about goals and assists. 

An offensive player can offer a route towards a goal without having an assist next to their name on transfermarket.com 

Kent offers us outstanding offensive shape and constantly stretches' and strains the fuck out of a teams defense at times in games when he doesn't crate a direct assist. 

It really is about goals and assists though and ultimately his return has to improve. I get your point and you're right with your comparison with Windass, who despite his incredible goals return ratio, there was never really an anticipation that when he got the ball something would happen which you get with Kent.

I think you see Kent more in Europe stretching defenses and giving us the over the top option but I do think we need to see a better return. Despite him being poor yesterday I was still disappointed when he went off because we simply don't have a replacement who offers what he does.

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I was roasting him to my boy yesterday when he chipped a ball into the box and Tav headered it back across goal but Itten and Morelos were sleeping. Not sure if that was before or after the equaliser though?

That was before the goal.

The one after equaliser that summed it up was Davis crossing from right into back post and Kent isn’t in picture.

It’s basic stuff.

5 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

The same period though, Aribo was outstanding then he got injured. I think some of it is down to teams adapting to our setup which happened the last two seasons as well around January. Kent was so effective early on that opposition managers are doubling up and paying close attention to his runs to stop him. He just needs to adapt.

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

I don’t have a problem with Kent but I see him more as a winger than an out and out goal scorer like Morelos, Defoe and to Itten and Roofe to an extent. 

Kent rarely plays through the middle as well. 

He’s scored 3 goals in 28 games, that’s absolutely fucking rotten. Regardless if he’s a winger or plays through the middle

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No one is saying he doesn’t work hard or is a good team player but in our team the front 3 and the Arfield/Aribo positions jobs are to score the bulk of our goals.

Kent has one goal since the start of September which is fucking pitiful.

He should be dropped when Roofe and Arfield are back and not just for one game.

His performance yesterday got to the point where it was painful to watch.

It was embarrassing. Ran the ball out of play twice, a professional footballer.  Does a step over before doing anything. His decision making is awful, always takes a second too long to play a pass or have a shot. Then when he does shoot 9/10 it’s straight at the keeper. 

26 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s scored 3 goals in 28 games, that’s absolutely fucking rotten. Regardless if he’s a winger or plays through the middle

It’s not about goals apparently, it’s about starting the press, defending from the front and stretching teams.

Throw in the fact he’s tired and pitches are shite and don’t suit players like him.

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It really is about goals and assists though and ultimately his return has to improve.

A simpletons way to look at football but sure go for it, it is all about goals and assists, Kent is second in the league in assists and tied 6th top scorer in the league overall and our 4th top scorer. 

:stevieg:

Even if isolated down to stats he is STILL showing a return.

30 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

5 in 24 in the league, and 6 in 33 in all matches, this season according transfermrkt. Both, of which, happened to be better stats than Davie Cooper had in his career with us.

Amazing what you can do with stats, if you want to.

48 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I’m glad the manager knows what he’s doing as we glide towards 55 and that’s a stat you can’t argue about it👍

19 minutes ago, left winger said:

5 in 24 in the league, and 6 in 33 in all matches, this season according transfermrkt. Both, of which, happened to be better stats than Davie Cooper had in his career with us.

Comparing Ryan Kent to Davie Cooper.

Jesus fucking Christ :lol: 

17 minutes ago, left winger said:

6 goals and 10 assists according to the thread at the top of the Bears Den folder. Involved in a goal every 2 games........

But aye, he's shite.

33 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

A simpletons way to look at football but sure go for it, it is all about goals and assists, Kent is second in the league in assists and tied 6th top scorer in the league overall and our 4th top scorer. 

:stevieg:

Even if isolated down to stats he is STILL showing a return.

Just stop being a fanny. I'm agreeing with your original point, I actually think it's a solid point even although if I wanted to be a dick I could have ripped the absolute cunt out of what you're saying. Those stats you're pointing out aren't as bad as I thought but there is room for a lot of improvement, consistency being the main one.

Archived