3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No one is saying he doesn’t work hard or is a good team player but in our team the front 3 and the Arfield/Aribo positions jobs are to score the bulk of our goals.

I would say a hell of a lot of that statement is what you impose and see to be true rather than the angle the coaching team are looking at it from. 

There is enough evidence now to show it isn't just about assists and goal, its sort of redundant making mention of it at all times, there is so so much more to it than that 

Bad Robot likes this
  • Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here comes the overreaction! He wasn't good at all, but the worst performance ever aye?

Gerrard wanted to sign him desperately and Liverpool wanted 7m for him, therefore the pricetag is now irrelevant. Kent nailed his colours very firmly to our mast at the start of the season when Leeds

Superb the night, class goal

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

To quote our manager in not so many words ‘it’s about grafting in and out of possession’.

I can guarantee you Kent is up there with the players who cover the most ground and to do that you need a good engine.

The problem with Kent is that some posters on here think they’ve actually paid the whole £7 million out their own pocket and want to squeeze every last penny out of him.

The same posters are always looking to put the boot in at any opportunity which is sad to see.

Our biggest season in a decade and we’ve got one hand on this title flag with Kent being a major part of it yet posters only see the negatives. 

We all have our own opinions and it would be boring if we all agreed but the facts are the points on the league table and the facts are Kent has played most games and personally contributed to where we are at the moment.

If that was the case Candeias would be starting every game still. 

Or is the problem with Kent that he doesn’t contribute enough?

BookWorm and Rangers_no1 like this
3 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I would say a hell of a lot of that statement is what you impose and see to be true rather than the angle the coaching team are looking at it from. 

There is enough evidence now to show it isn't just about assists and goal, its sort of redundant making mention of it at all times, there is so so much more to it than that 

A forward isn’t in the team to score or assist?

What’s his role then?

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A forward isn’t in the team to score or assist?

What’s his role then?

Kent in reality has never had great "numbers" since his arrival yet Gerrard continually plays him, Josh Windass had tremendous numbers one was signed for 7 million, one was told to fuck off quite quickly, such things show why a forwards role isn't only about goals and assists. 

An offensive player can offer a route towards a goal without having an assist next to their name on transfermarket.com 

Kent offers us outstanding offensive shape and constantly stretches' and strains the fuck out of a teams defense at times in games when he doesn't crate a direct assist. 

Amokachi and JograBear like this
5 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Kent in reality has never had great "numbers" since his arrival yet Gerrard continually plays him, Josh Windass had tremendous numbers one was signed for 7 million, one was told to fuck off quite quickly, such things show why a forwards role isn't only about goals and assists. 

An offensive player can offer a route towards a goal without having an assist next to their name on transfermarket.com 

Kent offers us outstanding offensive shape and constantly stretches' and strains the fuck out of a teams defense at times in games when he doesn't crate a direct assist. 

:lol:

He was diabolical yesterday and when we got it back to 1-1 instead of driving the team on he went hiding and anytime he did get the ball passed it back/sideways to Barasic Kamara or Davis as quick as he could.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

If that was the case Candeias would be starting every game still. 

Or is the problem with Kent that he doesn’t contribute enough?

I don’t have a problem with Kent but I see him more as a winger than an out and out goal scorer like Morelos, Defoe and to Itten and Roofe to an extent. 

Kent rarely plays through the middle as well. 

22 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

No one is saying he doesn’t work hard or is a good team player but in our team the front 3 and the Arfield/Aribo positions jobs are to score the bulk of our goals.

Kent has one goal since the start of September which is fucking pitiful.

He should be dropped when Roofe and Arfield are back and not just for one game.

His performance yesterday got to the point where it was painful to watch.

On my reading of the game Arfield and Aribo play in an entirely different position as Kent but all three are there to support and contribute to the goal tally, over and above the natural goal scorers like Moleros and Defoe, and Itten and Roofe.

18 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

:lol:

He was diabolical yesterday and when we got it back to 1-1 instead of driving the team on he went hiding and anytime he did get the ball passed it back/sideways to Barasic Kamara or Davis as quick as he could.

I was roasting him to my boy yesterday when he chipped a ball into the box and Tav headered it back across goal but Itten and Morelos were sleeping. Not sure if that was before or after the equaliser though?

Malkytfp1 likes this
38 minutes ago, WilliamMunny said:

It seems like he has went downhill since GM mentioned talk of an England call up. Not sure if this affected him or not.

He needs dropped for our next game or 2 anyway and hopefully this will benefit.

Roofe, Itten or Wright (if he comes in) can play there.

I’m might be wrong but I seem to remember his best spell of form was right at the time when the Leeds speculation was strongest. 

Regardless, he’ll be back contributing positively on Saturday I’m sure. 

Bad Robot and Malkytfp1 like this
35 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It really is about goals and assists though and ultimately his return has to improve. I get your point and you're right with your comparison with Windass, who despite his incredible goals return ratio, there was never really an anticipation that when he got the ball something would happen which you get with Kent.

I think you see Kent more in Europe stretching defenses and giving us the over the top option but I do think we need to see a better return. Despite him being poor yesterday I was still disappointed when he went off because we simply don't have a replacement who offers what he does.

10 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

I was roasting him to my boy yesterday when he chipped a ball into the box and Tav headered it back across goal but Itten and Morelos were sleeping. Not sure if that was before or after the equaliser though?

That was before the goal.

The one after equaliser that summed it up was Davis crossing from right into back post and Kent isn’t in picture.

It’s basic stuff.

5 minutes ago, Amokachi said:

I’m might be wrong but I seem to remember his best spell of form was right at the time when the Leeds speculation was strongest. 

Regardless, he’ll be back contributing positively on Saturday I’m sure. 

The same period though, Aribo was outstanding then he got injured. I think some of it is down to teams adapting to our setup which happened the last two seasons as well around January. Kent was so effective early on that opposition managers are doubling up and paying close attention to his runs to stop him. He just needs to adapt.

Bad Robot and Amokachi like this
2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Kent has one goal since the start of September which is fucking pitiful.

He should be dropped when Roofe and Arfield are back and not just for one game.

His performance yesterday got to the point where it was painful to watch.

It was embarrassing. Ran the ball out of play twice, a professional footballer.  Does a step over before doing anything. His decision making is awful, always takes a second too long to play a pass or have a shot. Then when he does shoot 9/10 it’s straight at the keeper. 

2 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

It really is about goals and assists though and ultimately his return has to improve.

A simpletons way to look at football but sure go for it, it is all about goals and assists, Kent is second in the league in assists and tied 6th top scorer in the league overall and our 4th top scorer. 

:stevieg:

Even if isolated down to stats he is STILL showing a return.