Ryan Kent

GOAT

7 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Just stop being a fanny. I'm agreeing with your original point, I actually think it's a solid point even although if I wanted to be a dick I could have ripped the absolute cunt out of what you're saying. Those stats you're pointing out aren't as bad as I thought but there is room for a lot of improvement, consistency being the main one.

Nah, you would end up drowning in a bowl of soup or some other form of calamitous fuck up if you attempted to do that ya absolute car crash of a poster. 

:alfie:

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Nah, you would end up drowning in a bowl of soup or some other form of calamitous fuck up if you attempted to do that ya absolute car crash of a poster. 

:alfie:

I actually didn't know who you were when I quoted you now I remember 🤣

Anyway. Let's get back on topic before the thread gets locked.

39 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I was just too young for the Cooper era. Auld man was an ST holder and actually surprised me when he told me Coop was very inconsistent.

Like most players who suffer issues behind the scenes they can hit your performance. Grieg tried to sell him at one point which led at a period of Cooper being our Moody Blue....

He may have had games where he didn't perform but how many players can claim this? He was unplayable when he was in form. World Class.

1 minute ago, JograBear said:

Like most players who suffer issues behind the scenes they can hit your performance. Grieg tried to sell him at one point which led at a period of Cooper being our Moody Blue....

He may have had games where he didn't perform but how many players can claim this? He was unplayable when he was in form. World Class.

Aye I was around, just too young but watched loads of videos of them. The big tinman as well. His goal against the taigs is one of the best goals I've ever seen.

2 hours ago, left winger said:

5 in 24 in the league, and 6 in 33 in all matches, this season according transfermrkt. Both, of which, happened to be better stats than Davie Cooper had in his career with us.

Amazing what you can do with stats, if you want to.

My app only showed from Hamilton so could only go from there, but ok, 5 in 24 and 6 in 33, which is a goal every 5 (pretty much) in the league, and 1 in 5 all in, is still shite, thanks for backing my point.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

My app only showed from Hamilton so could only go from there, but ok, 5 in 24 and 6 in 33, which is a goal every 5 (pretty much) in the league, and 1 in 5 all in, is still shite, thanks for backing my point.

Davie Cooper - 1 goal in every 7 games 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, MaddistonKnight said:

6 goals and 10 assists according to the thread at the top of the Bears Den folder. Involved in a goal every 2 games........

But aye, he's shite.

Yeah, stats tell us he's definitely worth his place. He can be very frustrating, though. 

8 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I assume that one season aside goals wise you thought Laudrup was shite for Rangers? 

11 minutes ago, left winger said:

Davie Cooper - 1 goal in every 7 games 🤷‍♂️

I mean, it's not exactly great, but it's a completely different era. Goals was just one part of the argument. 

9 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I assume that one season aside goals wise you thought Laudrup was shite for Rangers? 

Yes, precisely.

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I mean, it's not exactly great, but it's a completely different era. Goals was just one part of the argument. 

Yes, precisely.

Shows how daft a point it can be just to focus in on it eh, probably the best player most who support us will see falling into the bracket of "shite" 

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Shows how daft a point it can be just to focus in on it eh, probably the best player most who support us will see falling into the bracket of "shite" 

I never brought him being a goal scorer into it, I said he never contributed enough, which is still true. 

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

I never brought him being a goal scorer into it, I said he never contributed enough, which is still true. 

And by that same criteria you are saying neither did Laudrup or Cooper both of whom most would have in their greatest Rangers teams.. that is the level of sense we are talking about here.

And if you are looking for MORE from Kent, that would be what? Another 10 + goals and 10 + assists that would have Rangers at what? about 80 goals with 14 games left so about 8 less than we scored in the entire season in 2010/11, what is closer to what you think?

i.e Fifa basically. 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I was just too young for the Cooper era. Auld man was an ST holder and actually surprised me when he told me Coop was very inconsistent.

There’s not a single Rangers player I’ve not came out of Ibrox at some time or another and said he’s shite. I always remember when we were going for tiar the guy sitting behind me said he was glad laudrup was leaving as he had been shit for months and only played well in big games.

Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

And by that same criteria you are saying neither did Laudrup or Cooper both of whom most would have in their greatest Rangers teams.. that is the level of sense we are talking about here. 

:lol: 

I'm saying regardless of goals he's not contributing enough, which is true. Pish performances, after pish performances, season after season

6 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: 

I'm saying regardless of goals he's not contributing enough, which is true. Pish performances, after pish performances, season after season

This is despite him being one of our top scorers, seconds highest in assists and a mainstay in a side who could feasibly break the points record in the league they play in. 

spacer.png

13 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

This is despite him being one of our top scorers, seconds highest in assists and a mainstay in a side who could feasibly break the points record in the league they play in. 

spacer.png

If he would score, assist or even perform on a regular basis I'd agree, but he doesn't, so I don't.

Archived