Ryan Kent

GOAT

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Dennis Reynolds said:

Despite him being our third highest contributor to goals... the facts you want to lean on here are failing you miserably. 

Doesn't score on a regular basis - fact, 3 in 28 shows that.

Assists - 8 in 33 from what I seen, semi regular I suppose.

Doesn't perform on a regular basis - fact. 

He had a ridiculously good start to the season, nobody has denied that, from there he's been pish.

£7 million to be on the same goals as Martin Boyle, and Greg Kiltie, and less than Chris Burke. You saying he's one of  our top goalscorers doesn't make it look more impressive.

7 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Doesn't score on a regular basis - fact, 3 in 28 shows that.

Assists - 8 in 33 from what I seen, semi regular I suppose.

Doesn't perform on a regular basis - fact. 

He had a ridiculously good start to the season, nobody has denied that, from there he's been pish.

£7 million to be on the same goals as Martin Boyle, and Greg Kiltie, and less than Chris Burke. You saying he's one of  our top goalscorers doesn't make it look more impressive.

Fair play, it is a self imposed criteria you have imposed on the player though rather than one which the guy who will coach us to a league win has decided is applicable, tend to take one of those things more serious than the other. 

When the goals and assists are being used as a barometer it does only seem logical to use what others are doing as a comparison...even compared to other Rangers sides of the past Kents numbers are about comparable/better than what would be expected of a player asked to do the role he is. There has rarely been a mythical 15 goal/15 assist winger player for us. 

Neil McCann, which is about are far back as you need to go to find someone who offered something of substance from the left wasn't a free scoring rampant scorer from wide in the league nor even Cannigia who played in a formation far closer to a front 3. It rarely happens.

36 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

This is despite him being one of our top scorers, seconds highest in assists and a mainstay in a side who could feasibly break the points record in the league they play in. 

spacer.png

James Tavernier - 17
Kemar Roofe - 12
Alfredo Morelos - 10
Scott Arfield - 7
Connor Goldson - 7
Ryan Kent - 6
Cedric Itten - 5
Joe Aribo - 4
Jermaine Defoe - 4
Ianis Hagi - 4
Brandon Barker - 2
Borna Barisic - 2
Glen Kamara - 2
Filip Helander - 1
Jordan Jones - 1
Calvin Bassey - 1
Steven Davis - 1

// Assists //

James Tavernier - 14
Ianis Hagi - 11
Borna Barisic - 11
Ryan Kent - 10
Scott Arfield - 6
Alfredo Morelos - 5

if you’re going to try and be a smart cunt then probably best to get your facts right.:whistle:

4 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

James Tavernier - 17
Kemar Roofe - 12
Alfredo Morelos - 10
Scott Arfield - 7
Connor Goldson - 7
Ryan Kent - 6
Cedric Itten - 5
Joe Aribo - 4
Jermaine Defoe - 4
Ianis Hagi - 4
Brandon Barker - 2
Borna Barisic - 2
Glen Kamara - 2
Filip Helander - 1
Jordan Jones - 1
Calvin Bassey - 1
Steven Davis - 1

// Assists //

James Tavernier - 14
Ianis Hagi - 11
Borna Barisic - 11
Ryan Kent - 10
Scott Arfield - 6
Alfredo Morelos - 5

if you’re going to try and be a smart cunt then probably best to get your facts right.:whistle:

In the league, he is one of our top scorers and second in assists, something Forever and Ever clearly got given his meniton of the likes of Boyle and Burke. 

Overall 

// Total Contributions //

James Tavernier - 31
Kemar Roofe - 17
Ryan Kent - 16

I was actually being kind just making mention of the league, his overall contribution is excellent numbers, cheers for only further making my point - Kent contributes a shit load to us when simply looking at "numbers" 

21 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

:lol:

Based on that criteria Dado Prso should never have been Rangers best player in 04/05 yet comfortably was, Barry Ferguson should never have been player in 02/03 yet was. 

Was a 300 grand defender our performing either of them?

/Discussion

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

People are only defending him because he put Brown on his arse with a swipe at thin air.

Prove me wrong.

Still speaking about that is a bit weird..

He is about to be a key figure in our first league win for fucking years, most Rangers fans would leave their wifes for most of this squad.. 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Still speaking about that is a bit weird..

He is about to be a key figure in our first league win for fucking years, most Rangers fans would leave their wifes for most of this squad.. 

A key figure yet has contributed the grand total of fuck all for months...

Has he been worth the £7m in your opinion?

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

We played Aberdeen last week mate, you maybe missed it by the sounds of that post?

Worth 7 million? Aye sure, he is a key tactical component in a Rangers team that have raked in millions in Europe, are going to win the league which was the main objective. I reckon Gerrard and the board will see it as money well spent. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

People are only defending him because he put Brown on his arse with a swipe at thin air.

Prove me wrong.

I dunno mate he’s a very exciting player to watch on his day and endeared himself to the support pretty early on since arriving. Everyone knows how good he can be which is why it’s so frustrating.

I’m not disagreeing with you or anyone else about his form not living up to his value.

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Two very good assists against Aberdeen last week. Don’t need to lie / exaggerate to make the point.

He hasn’t been good enough and needs to pull his socks up (in an attacking sense). Works his baws off for the team. 

7 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I need to thank you personally for paying all of the £7m out your on pocket 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

11 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

We played Aberdeen last week mate, you maybe missed it by the sounds of that post?

Worth 7 million? Aye sure, he is a key tactical component in a Rangers team that have raked in millions in Europe, are going to win the league which was the main objective. I reckon Gerrard and the board will see it as money well spent. 

7 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

done 

9E02539E-FDFF-4E69-A502-2CC7D682A036.jpeg

6 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

Two very good assists against Aberdeen last week. Don’t need to lie / exaggerate to make the point.

He hasn’t been good enough and needs to pull his socks up (in an attacking sense). Works his baws off for the team. 

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I need to thank you personally for paying all of the £7m out your on pocket 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

Edouard rightly gets the piss taken out of him because he's nowhere near worth the £9m they paid for him, yet Kent gets away with it just because he plays for us? 

Doesn't work that way. 

10 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Edouard rightly gets the piss taken out of him because he's nowhere near worth the £9m they paid for him, yet Kent gets away with it just because he plays for us? 

Doesn't work that way. 

Kent has fundamentally turned out to be a calculated and measured move by Rangers, in the way Eduard HAD been for celtic. They had loaned Eduard, knew what they had, and had learned the player.  If celtic didn't make a cunt of it/we had been so sublime, thanks to players like Kent, they would have got a wedge for him with titles in the bag. 

Kent @7 million or Klimala, Tayor, Bolingoli Barkas and Ajeiti at 17.7 million?

Rangers worked their way into that Kent deal thanks to smart moves in the market.

You get in guys like Kamara, Davis and McGregor for 500k fees paid in total you earn the right to splash your cash on quality you know and want like a Kent.

That collective of Rangers class mentioned cost 10 MILLION less than that collective of celtic shite, gambles and punts mentioned above... the calculated move to go all in on Kent has worked, the half arsed identification of players in the 4 million range for them hasn't. 

It will be our title, and our wedge of cash in return for Kent. He will pay his own fee when he leaves. 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Kent has fundamentally turned out to be a calculated gamble for Rangers, in the way Eduard HAD been for celtic. 

Kent @7 million or Klimala, Tayor, Bolingoli Barkas and Ajeiti at 17.7 million?

Rangers worked their way into that Kent deal thanks to smart moves in the market.

You get in guys like Kamara, Davis and McGregor for 500k you earn the right to splash your cash on quality like a Kent, that collective of Rangers class mentioned cost 10 MILLION less than that collective of celtic shite mentioned above... the calculated move to go all in on Kent has worked. 

£7m for 14 goals in 64 appearances. 

Pathetic. 

Archived