Ryan Kent

GOAT

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'm constantly moving my holidays about week to week so I can go tonto and some of the buzz is wondering when it will fall into place, I'll be giving plenty of wee shitebags on here it tight, got my @ button on fast dial. 

They might as well not sign at all next season because they will all be having nervous breakdowns of we are not 30 clear. 

6 minutes ago, Scottywellhousetb said:

I'm constantly moving my holidays about week to week so I can go tonto and some of the buzz is wondering when it will fall into place, I'll be giving plenty of wee shitebags on here it tight, got my @ button on fast dial. 

I’ve that problem too but I also have the issue of knowing when flights need booked 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

They might as well not sign at all next season because they will all be having nervous breakdowns of we are not 30 clear. 

I sort of get it though. 

Rationally, the league is over, but I can't help getting nervous and still feeling like dropped points are a disaster. I think its just how much we all know this means and how close it is, coupled with the last two years of collapse and heartbreak.

I can remember sitting in Ibrox with my Dad, fucking freezing, watching us toil against QoTS and thinking "we're never getting back to where we belong. How can we?". 

Its almost here and it still doesn't feel real.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

You wonder how some of these people managed in the likes of the 02-03, 04-05, 08-09 and 10-11 seasons.

The whole we are Rangers we should be winning every game gets thrown about and that’s all well and good but not every game is actually going to be a win and you’d have to be a complete mongo to think it’s some god given right 

Not sure Wrights a world beater yet, but I'm confident, he seems to have come in at a good time for him to get involved and push the competition for first team places. 

The dive in Morelos (mostly due to discipline again) and Kents form has reduced their value by a lot, and teams that might have been interested could look elsewhere for now.

Kent was a player we payed a lot for, possibly the only one, and I don't think anyone was kidding themselves he was meant to stay at Rangers for a long time, he was an investment,looking to make a profit. The reality is that investment seems to have failed, which might make us wary of doing similar in the future. 

when he first came I thought he would tear this league up and was glad he showed the desire to force through the move to us, but in hindsight 7 million is a lot of money to only perform 4-5 times per season,

if I'm honest I think we will be lucky to get the 7 million back for him. On his day he can be terrifying for defenders, but unfortunatly his day isnt very regular at all. I think the old firm games in his first loan

season are what swayed us into parting with that cash and we really cant afford to have him as a passenger for 90% of a season. Even though I like him when hes on form I think summer should be the time

he leaves us if we get anywhere close to what we spent.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

You wonder how some of these people managed in the likes of the 02-03, 04-05, 08-09 and 10-11 seasons.

It’s battered dog syndrome and tbh until it is done then it’s justifiable that some are nervous.

The teams attitude of late looks like it’s as if they think it’s already won and they can go into cruise control.

5 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The whole we are Rangers we should be winning every game gets thrown about and that’s all well and good but not every game is actually going to be a win and you’d have to be a complete mongo to think it’s some god given right 

For some thats their way of thinking, but others its down to stuff like the likes of Kent and aribo getting 90mins when they were very poor, hagi scored our winner last game, but doesn't even get the 90mins today, whereas Kent and aribo get the 90 while not offering much if anything 

9 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Team have been poor for a while. Last few games really look like they are going through the motions. Clearly once the title is won people will have more faith.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

It’s battered dog syndrome and tbh until it is done then it’s justifiable that some are nervous.

The teams attitude of late looks like it’s as if they think it’s already won and they can go into cruise control.

This. People are well entitled to raise serious concerns about this group because, as yet, they’ve never gotten over the line.

And it’s this time of year that, for whatever reason, performances drop and their bottle is questioned.  It’s wholly justifiable.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I dont think its as much to do with attitude, more that some players just aren't playing well but dont get replaced, what does hagi need to do for 90mins, scores the winner at home to st johnstone but gets hooked today, meanwhile kent and aribo offer nothing but get the full game 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

I dont think its as much to do with attitude, more that some players just aren't playing well but dont get replaced, what does hagi need to do for 90mins, scores the winner at home to st johnstone but gets hooked today, meanwhile kent and aribo offer nothing but get the full game 

I said it a few weeks ago, since the results after Dubai some look to be just doing enough.

Kent is a winger  and although some player convert  well into strikers I think it must be clear to all that this is never going go be the case.

Playing Kent in that front three is doing him no favours at all and unless the gaffer can find another position  for him the club may have to consider moving him on .

We need strikers up front and l thought pre-match Hagi and Kent would leave Itten too isolated, would have preferred to have seen Roofe in the starting line up with Itten 

No his biggest fan but thought he did ok today and not a chance in hell Stevie G will ever sell Kent he plays him week in week out and must see something most of us don't see but agree if we got our Money back or more definitely better players for less money out there

9 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I hear what you’re saying mate but the fact is, playing well or not, nowhere near enough players in that first 60mins really looked like they wanted to win that today. Co treat that with Jack and Davis, who transformed things with their dig, intent and getting the team 20 yards further up the park.

It’s fully about attitude for me and too many, namely Kamara, Kent, Aribo, Zungu and Tav, have a highly questionable will to win when the likes of Arfield, Jack or Davis aren’t around.

When you strip out all the feints, step overs, etc theres just so little he offers. Yes he puts a shift in and doesn't hide, but thats no good if the output is so negligible.

Forward players need impact- goals, assists, key contributions. Kent is failing badly in that respect.

Archived