Ryan Kent

GOAT

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

When you strip out all the feints, step overs, etc theres just so little he offers. Yes he puts a shift in and doesn't hide, but thats no good if the output is so negligible.

Forward players need impact- goals, assists, key contributions. Kent is failing badly in that respect.

I disagree i think the drifting inside to play a 2 yard pass is hiding 

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

I dont think its as much to do with attitude, more that some players just aren't playing well but dont get replaced, what does hagi need to do for 90mins, scores the winner at home to st johnstone but gets hooked today, meanwhile kent and aribo offer nothing but get the full game 

I thought the attitude and work rate was abysmal today and reminded me of the terrible record we have had over the past seasons dropping points against the bottom teams, Dundee, then Hearts now Hamilton, Motherwell this season. The lack of closing, pressing through the game and especially in the last 20 seconds when the only option Hamilton had was a long ball and the halfhearted effort to get even 10 yards to the guy who was going to launch it was a disgrace. 4 attempts on target in 2 games hardly shows a team who are bursting to win games like winners tend to do. Losing winning situations against teams like Benfica can maybe be excused but letting Hamilton off the hook is not acceptable especially when they had more attempts at goal and on target.

21 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If he's on the ball he's not hiding from it.

Could be argued he's hiding from responsibility by picking the easy option and hoping someone else takes the risk, thats what i like about hagi and reason id start him over Kent or aribo, he may not have a high pass completion like the rest, but he's more attack minded and tried risky stuff which is unexpected and can open teams up

His goal last week, how often do other get in his position and instead take the easy option and lay it off, or try a one two in a crowded area, 

Haven’t commented much on this thread so don’t know the full tone ,

For me watching him lately he seems too keen to take that extra step ,A quicker decision an move would make the world of difference ,He’s taking too long and allowing more time for defences to organise .His work rate and his never hide attitude are never in question .Wasn’t so long ago Leeds were sniffing about because he was flying and was the form player in the league by a distance .There’s no reason why he can’t be that player again .

12 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

I thought the attitude and work rate was abysmal today and reminded me of the terrible record we have had over the past seasons dropping points against the bottom teams, Dundee, then Hearts now Hamilton, Motherwell this season. The lack of closing, pressing through the game and especially in the last 20 seconds when the only option Hamilton had was a long ball and the halfhearted effort to get even 10 yards to the guy who was going to launch it was a disgrace. 4 attempts on target in 2 games hardly shows a team who are bursting to win games like winners tend to do. Losing winning situations against teams like Benfica can maybe be excused but letting Hamilton off the hook is not acceptable especially when they had more attempts at goal and on target.

Again though is it down to attitude or just the fact that we were carrying pasengers, hamilton were able to get up and in our faces because we didn't press them back, we couldnt hem them in because guys like aribo and kent were so poor that they offered next to nothing up top that would keep hamilton on the back foot, 

25 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Kent wasn't the issue today!

Why not?

No Morelos or Roofe, Zungu on a first league start, Ittens career in it’s infancy then you’re looking at Kent taking on the responsibility to be main man in attack.

What did we get - another 90 minutes of losing the ball and zero influence.

His finishing is god awful and he was summed up by being unable to make a 5 yard pass to Barasic with no-one near him.

47 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

If he's on the ball he's not hiding from it.

Disagree, how he then uses it can still show he’s hiding.

Safe 2 yard passes or slowing the play down when it’s on to run at someone are just a couple of examples of a player hiding/playing it safe/not taking responsibility/not being brave enough.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Why not?

No Morelos or Roofe, Zungu on a first league start, Ittens career in it’s infancy then you’re looking at Kent taking on the responsibility to be main man in attack.

What did we get - another 90 minutes of losing the ball and zero influence.

His finishing is god awful and he was summed up by being unable to make a 5 yard pass to Barasic with no-one near him.

Roofe should have started instead of Zungu which would have changed how we attacked Hamilton. The manager handicapping us, in my eyes, was more of a problem than his performance.

Kent was bad but Aribo and Hagi were just as guilty of leaving Itten then Roofe isolated during the game. The three of them added little because the team was so disjointed from the two behind them and the one in front. At no point today where we far enough up the park as a collective for him to run off Itten like he did against Ross County with Morelos.

Kent has played his best football when he's been able to run in behind and turn defenders back. We are much better at doing that with two up front. One dropping deep, one holding position and two or three bombing on in behind. 

Not to take away from any of Kent's glaring flaws either just now. Some of passing was terrible and sometimes I just want to see him grab the fucking ball and run. Even at that the way were as a collective if he does that he's not going round 5 or 6 players.

I just don't think his sole performance was the reason we weren't at it today like some on this thread act like.

Definitely needs a game or two on the bench maybe wake him up a bit, still believe there is a good player in there with a lot to offer us, and he’s probably the only player we have with flair and ability to do someone 1v1.

Kent was very poor today and has been for a few weeks.

Summed up in the fact when we were passing it about and keeping it in the corner deep in to injury time when Kent got it he tried to drive into the box and lost it again which ultimately led to the equaliser. Poor decision making from him.

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Roofe should have started instead of Zungu which would have changed how we attacked Hamilton. The manager handicapping us, in my eyes, was more of a problem than his performance.

Kent was bad but Aribo and Hagi were just as guilty of leaving Itten then Roofe isolated during the game. The three of them added little because the team was so disjointed from the two behind them and the one in front. At no point today where we far enough up the park as a collective for him to run off Itten like he did against Ross County with Morelos.

Kent has played his best football when he's been able to run in behind and turn defenders back. We are much better at doing that with two up front. One dropping deep, one holding position and two or three bombing on in behind. 

Not to take away from any of Kent's glaring flaws either just now. Some of passing was terrible and sometimes I just want to see him grab the fucking ball and run. Even at that the way were as a collective if he does that he's not going round 5 or 6 players.

I just don't think his sole performance was the reason we weren't at it today like some on this thread act like.

Roofe and zungu play completely opposite positions, if you dropped zungu for roofe, who from the rest of the team drops back to play the sitting mid with kamara? 

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Roofe and zungu play completely opposite positions, if you dropped zungu for roofe, who from the rest of the team drops back to play the sitting mid with kamara? 

Yes Kamara could hold or bring in Davis or Jack. Either of the three to play the one.

We clearly didn't need the two holding today because not once did it stop Hamilton exposing us down the wings or centrally. The focus should have been to go and get goals. We played a 4-1-3-2 when we beat Motherwell in 20 minutes, Aberdeen 4-0 and Hamilton 8-0 for example.

Easy for me to say in hindsight but it was abudently clear, like at Motherwell, it wasn't working after about 20 minutes and we needed more going forward.

12 minutes ago, SPWF said:

Bollocks. If he’d scored even one of his several chances we’d be sitting with 3 points and not 1. His end product is stinking. 

Kent misses one chance and what about the 4/5 chances we gave away. What about the zero we created apart from that?

I take your point he should have done better with that and I wont ignore the glaring errors in his game just now but if we're going on chances missed and chances taken we, as a team, were well off it today!

I stand by my point, he wasn't the issue today!

1 minute ago, Sunglasses Ron said:

Kent’s been off it for weeks now. I don’t know what the issue is but he increasingly has no end product. I like how he doesn’t hide but he needs to improve. He’s capable of more, much more. 

He simply has to beat his man

Archived