Ryan Kent

GOAT

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Kent misses one chance and what about the 4/5 chances we gave away. What about the zero we created apart from that?

I take your point he should have done better with that and I wont ignore the glaring errors in his game just now but if we're going on chances missed and chances taken we, as a team, were well off it today!

I stand by my point, he wasn't the issue today!

He’s been the issue for months now IMO. If his end product was even 50% better we’d have won games by more, either by goals scored by him or assists laid on. 

2 minutes ago, SPWF said:

He’s been the issue for months now IMO. If his end product was even 50% better we’d have won games by more, either by goals scored by him or assists laid on. 

I can't disagree with that and amazingly he's still our co-3rd biggest contributer of goals in the league behind Tav, Hagi and beside Roofe.

So if he does improve those we bits of his game imagine the extra goals he will get!

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Could be argued he's hiding from responsibility by picking the easy option and hoping someone else takes the risk, thats what i like about hagi and reason id start him over Kent or aribo, he may not have a high pass completion like the rest, but he's more attack minded and tried risky stuff which is unexpected and can open teams up

His goal last week, how often do other get in his position and instead take the easy option and lay it off, or try a one two in a crowded area, 

Shirking responsibility isn't the same as hiding on the park. He doesn't hide, he always tries to get on the ball.

I dont think he does shirk responsibility either. I just think much of his play is really poor at times, be it in the choices he makes, things he sees/ doesn't see, the execution of his play etc. His finishing can be dreadful as well.

I'd have Hagi in my team before the other 2 too.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Shirking responsibility isn't the same as hiding on the park. He doesn't hide, he always tries to get on the ball.

I dont think he does shirk responsibility either. I just think much of his play is really poor at times, be it in the choices he makes, things he sees/ doesn't see, the execution of his play etc. His finishing can be dreadful as well.

I'd have Hagi in my team before the other 2 too.

Agreed, either way kent shouldn't be in the team for either reason, yet continues to get 90mins,

Killie at home id give wright a chance with hagi in the middle and hopefully arfield, if not then either kent or aribo will need to play but none of them deserve it 

Dunno if davis will be required for killie at ibrox, possibly go for jack abd kamara as the sitting two, 

Case in point of how useless his end product is. At one point today he was racing through the middle, one on one with a defender, and instead of trying to beat him, or drag him away to create space for someone else. He stopped dead and passed it out the wing. Killed the attack stone dead. 

3 hours ago, esquire8 said:

We are robbing a team if they pay over £10m for him. Robbing them blind. 

Don't you just love our fans bashing our own....if kent moves for 10million or above we are merely looking after our own business.....the way you talk you would rather give him away for fuck all....just aslong as we don't rob anycunt :confused:

51 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

Kent misses one chance and what about the 4/5 chances we gave away. What about the zero we created apart from that?

I take your point he should have done better with that and I wont ignore the glaring errors in his game just now but if we're going on chances missed and chances taken we, as a team, were well off it today!

I stand by my point, he wasn't the issue today!

He’s always the issue for some.
The majority of the starting outfield players were poor but it doesn’t stop the pile on re Kent. It’s pretty pathetic really and it’s as if some want him to fail so they can say ‘I told you so’. Thankfully the management team and players know his worth rather than these online experts.

23 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

The majority of the starting outfield players were poor but it doesn’t stop the pile on re Kent. It’s pretty pathetic really and it’s as if some want him to fail so they can say ‘I told you so’. Thankfully the management team and players know his worth rather than these online experts.

22 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

This all day long 

We went away to the bottom of the table team and managed two shots on target out of 15, as part of a front 4 and one who never gets dropped for bad form, kent will take a lot of criticism because its deserved, if an aribo thread was near the top people would rightly head into that as well, both were honking today and offered little to no support for itten up front 

Yes we gave up chances, hamilton forced keeper into numerous saves, however we had twice as much of the ball as they did, so for our attacking players to create way less clear cut chances it shows they are woefully off form and needs changed up

Hell our goal was a defensive mid playing in the fullback to force the own goal,

8 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We went away to the bottom of the table team and managed two shots on target out of 15, as part of a front 4 and one who never gets dropped for bad form, kent will take a lot of criticism because its deserved, if an aribo thread was near the top people would rightly head into that as well, both were honking today and offered little to no support for itten up front 

Yes we gave up chances, hamilton forced keeper into numerous saves, however we had twice as much of the ball as they did, so for our attacking players to create way less clear cut chances it shows they are woefully off form and needs changed up

Hell our goal was a defensive mid playing in the fullback to force the own goal,

No outfield players got pass marks especially the mid as most of the game there was a lack of service but it’s the instant Kent pile on i have issues with. He was poor but no worse or better than anyone else. 

I blame many things for today from crucial players suspended at the business end of the season, the management with the starting line up, no proper game management at the end when we were chasing a 2nd goal, Tav being up the park, Davis not bringing the guy down, the weather, the park and lastly all the paid professionals underestimating Hamilton and the fight in their dog.

10 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

No outfield players got pass marks especially the mid as most of the game there was a lack of service but it’s the instant Kent pile on i have issues with. He was poor but no worse or better than anyone else. 

I blame many things for today from crucial players suspended at the business end of the season, the management with the starting line up, no proper game management at the end when we were chasing a 2nd goal, Tav being up the park, Davis not bringing the guy down, the weather, the park and lastly all the paid professionals underestimating Hamilton and the fight in their dog.

As i said, kent will get it tight because a 7mill quid player is once again failing to turn up when we need him most, and what he's given us this season he's not worth anywhere what we paid for him

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

That's it we both know he hasn't been great but some act like he is the sole issue for us not playing well or dropping points when it just isn't true. 

He's one of our most productive players throughout the season and contributes in one in five goals as well as only being below only Tav and Hagi on the combined goals and assists in the league.

Since the turn of the year he's been involved in one in four of our goals which is only behind Barisic (if you count today's own goal as an assist) and Morelos in 2021.

Change the shape and we'll see more from everyone, not just Ryan Kent.

11 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

That's it we both know he hasn't been great but some act like he is the sole issue for us not playing well or dropping points when it just isn't true. 

He's one of our most productive players throughout the season and contributes in one in five goals as well as only being below only Tav and Hagi on the combined goals and assists in the league.

Since the turn of the year he's been involved in one in four of our goals which is only behind Barisic (if you count today's own goal as an assist) and Morelos in 2021.

Change the shape and we'll see more from everyone, not just Ryan Kent.

We have changed the shape, kent is still miles off the pace, and people have a right to vent, you said it yourself, he's below hagi for goals and assists combined, yet hagi has had way way less game time, but guess who was subbed today and who got the full 90 again

Oh and hagi was half the price and has been here less time 

Kent needs droppes big time, 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

We have changed the shape, kent is still miles off the pace, and people have a right to vent, you said it yourself, he's below hagi for goals and assists combined, yet hagi has had way way less game time, but guess who was subbed today and who got the full 90 again

Oh and hagi was half the price and has been here less time 

Kent needs droppes big time, 

It's a forum of course people have the right to vent as do I when I think the reaction Kent gets compared to others, especially today, is wrong imo.

Aye Hagi is the one example and he's showing up everyone in the team apart from Tav. I wouldn't have taken Hagi off today nor do I think Kent deserves to go off more than Aribo. For me the change in the second half was a striker for a deeper midfielder rather than a like for like change like Roofe for Itten or Wright for Hagi. The weird 442 that we've not played since the first half against celtic is the change in shape we needed.

I think the manager was the biggest issue today and his decision making with Hagi today and recently has been poor. I think that goes hand in hand with our recent performances. I think we're better off with Hagi and Kent in the same team than not. I'm not against Kent coming out on Saturday as long as it's a different shape but long term he's going to be in there and we're going to be better with him than without.

Archived