Ryan Kent

GOAT

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The whipping boy done well today in patches, needs to work on finding space and time to get a decent shot away. His burst forward and lay off for Aribo had the quality to kill the game off had Aribo not fluffed it.

He's still a young player learning his way, he'll be fine.

Works his socks off but his end product is fucking laughable. 95% of his shots are straight at the keeper. Hopefully Leeds are still interested in the summer because there must be more effective players out there within our budget. 

He is frustrating to watch a lot of the time, but he does have the ability to make things happen, if Aribo had not made a cock up of his chance then we would all have been saying how well Ryan did to set it up.

I think Stevie plays him because he can make runs against teams and make chances for himself and others, do I expect more from him, yes I certainly do, but I not think we have anyone to come into the team that we could be sure would do better, maybe Scott Wright in a few games time might show he can put pressure on Ryan, but it is too early to start him in games at the moment when we are looking for a few more points to win the league.

I wonder if his price tag (in our league) maybe weighs a bit heavy on him at times, he is still young and plenty of time to become more consistent.

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

He is frustrating to watch a lot of the time, but he does have the ability to make things happen, if Aribo had not made a cock up of his chance then we would all have been saying how well Ryan did to set it up.

I think Stevie plays him because he can make runs against teams and make chances for himself and others, do I expect more from him, yes I certainly do, but I not think we have anyone to come into the team that we could be sure would do better, maybe Scott Wright in a few games time might show he can put pressure on Ryan, but it is too early to start him in games at the moment when we are looking for a few more points to win the league.

I wonder if his price tag (in our league) maybe weighs a bit heavy on him at times, he is still young and plenty of time to become more consistent.

He’s stepped up in big games for us and I’ve no doubt he’ll step it up on Thursday. People want him gone but there’s no guarantee a replacement would fill his boots. His price tag hangs over many on here.

1 hour ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

Lots of chat in the match thread about him which I really don’t get tbh. He wasn’t excellent today but apart from the Ross County game where we played some great stuff we haven’t been firing on all cylinders for a little while as a team.

He’s a clever player who never hides and if you watch him he’s always looking to drift into areas and he must be a nightmare to mark. I thought he kept popping up in areas and looked to link play and had some really nice touches and combination play with players around him. He’s not in that sparkling form that we know he can produce but it really wasn’t a bad performance today at all from Kent, solid 6/10 for me - nothing spectacular and he’ll be fine going forwards. 

Fantastic player until he gets the ball at the moment. As you say, he never hides and always wants it. He just seems to be completely devoid of confidence. That left footed shot was Sunday league tbh. He’s so much better than that

13 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

He’s stepped up in big games for us and I’ve no doubt he’ll step it up on Thursday. People want him gone but there’s no guarantee a replacement would fill his boots. His price tag hangs over many on here.

I think he like many in his position is very hot and cold, but he has certainly stepped up for us at crucial times.

IF an offer came in that made a huge profit in the summer then it might be worth looking at but at the moment I just hope he will do well for the rest of the season.

34 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

Even if he’s struggling just now ,Not his best run in a Rangers jersey ,Who replaces him ?

He played well today and is capable and definitely has the ability. If he's playing shite there is no one else. We need him playing well to help clinch the title 

5 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

I think he like many in his position is very hot and cold, but he has certainly stepped up for us at crucial times.

IF an offer came in that made a huge profit in the summer then it might be worth looking at but at the moment I just hope he will do well for the rest of the season.

If we doubled our money then not sure if we’d knock it back but I’d like to see him get a crack at the CL for us as the Premiership can wait for him.

1 minute ago, Prso's headband said:

Went right off Kent tbh. I’m really struggling to understand what he brings at the moment. I’m sure Wright could match his work rate because at the moment there’s nothing else there

and there’s your problem where you’ve wrote him off before a ball is kicked and if you think he brought nothing today especially the 2nd half then he’ll never be good enough, in your eyes 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Went right off Kent tbh. I’m really struggling to understand what he brings at the moment. I’m sure Wright could match his work rate because at the moment there’s nothing else there

That's a mental take. 

You would have played Barker in front of Kent too?

(No dig at Wright, but apparently Kent only brings work rate).

Archived