Ryan Kent

GOAT

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

7 goals in 3083 minutes of football is minging. 

We can number crunch all day....if the end product is goals scored then Kent will disappoint all season as I doubt he will go above 10.....the way he set up Aribo was glorious....he fucking frustrates me enormously but he ain't shite as he is being labelled in here at times

16 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

We can number crunch all day....if the end product is goals scored then Kent will disappoint all season as I doubt he will go above 10.....the way he set up Aribo was glorious....he fucking frustrates me enormously but he ain't shite as he is being labelled in here at times

Not shite but not worth £7m either. 

Should cash in during the summer and seek better. 

18 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Not shite but not worth £7m either. 

Should cash in during the summer and seek better. 

Mate I reckon you are late 30s early 40s....my hero growing up was Cooper....the guy was a genius but he had a lot of off days...infact if you threw up his career goal stats he is 1 every 7 games.....the problem with Kent is that he was the first serious money we spent in years....the expectation levels are fever pitch with Kent whilst we revel in signing Kamara for 50k....we balance the books eventually....it's unfair to always complain   £7million, every cunt wanked themselves senseless the night he signed....I've witnessed a lot worse money spent at Rangers than Ryan Kent 

14 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Mate I reckon you are late 30s early 40s....my hero growing up was Cooper....the guy was a genius but he had a lot of off days...infact if you threw up his career goal stats he is 1 every 7 games.....the problem with Kent is that he was the first serious money we spent in years....the expectation levels are fever pitch with Kent whilst we revel in signing Kamara for 50k....we balance the books eventually....it's unfair to always complain   £7million, every cunt wanked themselves senseless the night he signed....I've witnessed a lot worse money spent at Rangers than Ryan Kent 

Nearly 30 years old,we signed Cooper for £100k back in 1977,equivalent to £560k today.

Comparing the two of them is absolutely mental.

11 minutes ago, bluenose48 said:

He may only have a good run and a few step overs per game as a few on here are saying but every time he does this he draws defenders to him which creates openings for others. Give him a break he's only a boy.

He turned 24 back in November :lol:

3 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Nearly 30 years old,we signed Cooper for £100k back in 1977,equivalent to £560k today.

Where do you work out your rate of inflation from.....Cooper was on £250 a week back then.....by your logic he would only be on £1500 a week?

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Bit unfair to just use simple inflation to determine football transfer fee values as the landscape has totally changed in that regard.

To put it in perspective, the British record transfer fee in 1977 was Kevin Keegan’s £500,000 move to Hamburg, which was five times the fee we paid for Cooper. If we used a similar equivalency with the current British record fee (Coutinho for £105m) that would equate to us paying £21m for Kent :lol:

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Last i checked on the rangers app (fancy i know) kent has 7 goals and 6 assists, hagi is 5 and 10, aribo is rotten 😂

That is out but assists can be misleading.....you can do the donkey work and someone flicks the ball on and the assist goes to the flick

19 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That is out but assists can be misleading.....you can do the donkey work and someone flicks the ball on and the assist goes to the flick

So how do you judge a midfielders performance overall then, you cant watch them for the full 90mins to see if they are positionally good etc

Kent for whatever reason has went off form, yesterday he was better but still not the driving committing player earlier this season, think of his goal at ibrox against the sheep, nutmegs the boy drives forward about 15 yards and thumps a shot in off the post

Now he'll choose the safe and easier option nearly all the time, ovee cautious, dunno maybe gerrard has instructed them to be like this, first instruction is to not give the ball away (cant lose goals if we keep the ball) but against sitting in diddy teams you need someone to think outside the box, to try something different, to take a risk

Take the goal yesterday, jack one touch and volley, if that falls to kent (or aribo) they control it and pass it out wide to tav to cross it again

49 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Where do you work out your rate of inflation from.....Cooper was on £250 a week back then.....by your logic he would only be on £1500 a week?

https://www.inflationtool.com/british-pound/1977-to-present-value?amount=100000

48 minutes ago, Bronzy said:

Bit unfair to just use simple inflation to determine football transfer fee values as the landscape has totally changed in that regard.

To put it in perspective, the British record transfer fee in 1977 was Kevin Keegan’s £500,000 move to Hamburg, which was five times the fee we paid for Cooper. If we used a similar equivalency with the current British record fee (Coutinho for £105m) that would equate to us paying £21m for Kent :lol:

Leeds will end up paying £20m for him in all likelihood.

Does anybody seriously think we've had our moneys worth with him?

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

https://www.inflationtool.com/british-pound/1977-to-present-value?amount=100000

Leeds will end up paying £20m for him in all likelihood.

Does anybody seriously think we've had our moneys worth with him?

Will have played nearly every game in a team that’s not lost a league game yet and on our way to our first title in a decade so a would say we’ve had our money’s worth out of anyone that’s in and around that starting  team yes. 

7 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Oh right I didn’t realise we were now counting potential assists and potential goals 😂 Pathetic. 

Harsh reality is he’s needing took out the team for quite clearly obvious reasons in that he has contributed absolutely nothing for 3-4 games in a row.  

Doesn’t matter but, does a couple of step overs and potentially assists these days. 

Right now yes Wright deserves a chance over Kent, surprised that’s so hard to comprehend.  If you don’t believe that you’re just blinded by step overs and the fact we’re carrying him and Aribo over the line. 

It's not hard to comprehend and something I literally posted once the game finished. I'd start Wright, but I'd keep Kent on the other side of him.

But what you're finding hard to comprehend is that you said all he brings is work rate, and you can't own that statement. 

4 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

So how do you judge a midfielders performance overall then, you cant watch them for the full 90mins to see if they are positionally good etc

Kent for whatever reason has went off form, yesterday he was better but still not the driving committing player earlier this season, think of his goal at ibrox against the sheep, nutmegs the boy drives forward about 15 yards and thumps a shot in off the post

Now he'll choose the safe and easier option nearly all the time, ovee cautious, dunno maybe gerrard has instructed them to be like this, first instruction is to not give the ball away (cant lose goals if we keep the ball) but against sitting in diddy teams you need someone to think outside the box, to try something different, to take a risk

Take the goal yesterday, jack one touch and volley, if that falls to kent (or aribo) they control it and pass it out wide to tav to cross it again

Tbh mate, Kent hasn’t gone off form. The fact is, being fairly ineffectual from a scoring/assists point of view and failing to make the difference/really pinning teams back, is sadly his default. It’s becoming more of a surprise when he’s actually ON form and playing 8/10 (never mind 9 or 10). Most weeks, he’s 3 to 6 out of 10.

Yes, he shows fantastic work rate every game, which is great, but playing in the front line for Rangers, especially this team, all his numbers should be at least double what they are.

But what really frustrates me about Kent is his often complete lack of directness and decision making, especially given his ability. Yesterday, like most games, he’s the king of the 2 yard pass. On top of that, he has the pace and talent to take on and beat someone but it’s amazing how often he fails to make the most of 1v1s, 2v2s, 3v3s.

Tbf though, Aribo should have given him an assist yesterday. That was a ridiculous miss.

But, the truth is, we need far better numbers and decision making in the final 3rd if were to push on next season. 

13 hours ago, RDB14 said:

The amount of moany fucks in our support :lol:

We are going to remember this season for the rest of our lives for all the right reasons.  Historical.  

I’ll remember this season for Aribo and Kent being a pair of shitebags Alfredo for being a fat petulant moody selfish liability, Goldson for that shocking second half display at Easter road, Zungu being dung, Wright not being good enough before he’d even kicked a ball and Gerrard for that shite fitting mask he was wearing in interviews also Helander for his weird beard 

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

I’ll remember this season for Aribo and Kent being a pair of shitebags Alfredo for being a fat petulant moody selfish liability, Goldson for that shocking second half display at Easter road, Zungu being dung, Wright not being good enough before he’d even kicked a ball and Gerrard for that shite fitting mask he was wearing in interviews also Helander for his weird beard 

Yep, it’s been another shambolic shambolism of a season.  
Hope tae fuk we get our shit together next season. 

53 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

It's not hard to comprehend and something I literally posted once the game finished. I'd start Wright, but I'd keep Kent on the other side of him.

But what you're finding hard to comprehend is that you said all he brings is work rate, and you can't own that statement. 

I’ve literally documented in every post why all he’s bringing at the moment is work rate because he’s no bringing goals, assists or anything else. 

you’re talking about potential assists, things that didn’t even happen to defend his performances

Archived