2 minutes ago, molesmole said:

We have all said for weeks. 

He just doesn't look interested, then first tackle on him or he loses the ball then he gives up. 

No ideal why Gerrard keeps picking him....well apart from there is no one else. 

Maybe cause we spent 7m on him and up here thats crazy money

• Replies 910
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here comes the overreaction! He wasn't good at all, but the worst performance ever aye?

Gerrard wanted to sign him desperately and Liverpool wanted 7m for him, therefore the pricetag is now irrelevant. Kent nailed his colours very firmly to our mast at the start of the season when Leeds

Superb the night, class goal

Posted Images

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Would start Barker against RC next weekend, Kent has been minging for months. 

Say what you want about Barker but his decent early season form coupled with Aribo and Hagi hitting the ground running is why we got the best out of Kent imo.

He’s definitely a confidence player.

I do like/rate him but doing stepovers in nothing areas of the pitch when the defender is about 5 yards away  isn’t what we need right now. He can be a one trick pony in that respect, and his delivery for a winger is pretty bad

7 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

How he does?

Like what?

He’s scored one goal since September, completely lost any ability to beat a man and let’s not kid ourself, is now hiding in games as that bad.

I was mainly referring to his tracking back and his pressing from the front, though that's dropped off as well.

He's no where near as effective as he should be but the alternative is Barker or Jones, and Wright isn't any better than those two, so we're stuck with him for the foreseeable future.

1 minute ago, sRcFoCt said:

Maybe cause we spent 7m on him and up here thats crazy money

Other option is Brandon Barker might be the main reason. 

I understand ots a big price tag, but manager needs to see its pointless putting him in away from home.

Not got the fight for the battle.

Obviously never seen Sandy Clark. Kent has been very poor and really needs dropped,we all can see that. But worst performance ever seen? Come on. We draw with a club who have obviously got a lift with the new manager syndrome but it's as you were in the league and it's another match closer to 55.

If anything, Kent is over played, but who do we rest him for when he's not scoring 3 a game or assisting 3 a game ? He's one of the best players we have had since the dark episodes we have had, and would slot into most EPL teams. He's probably fed up playing against diddy park the bus teams, to be honest when you have to come at a team all 90 minutes with them parking the bus, I see why players get put in a daze and start playing bad.

1 minute ago, tm91 said:

I was mainly referring to his tracking back and his pressing from the front, though that's dropped off as well.

He's no where near as effective as he should be but the alternative is Barker or Jones, and Wright isn't any better than those two, so we're stuck with him for thr foreseeable future.

Ian Wright would’ve been better than Kent today.

Just now, BearInTheToon said:

Aye, absolutely. He has his moments but I honestly don’t think he has the heart, balls or will to win to be at Rangers.

And that’s not based on today.  He’s shown time after time. 

Good in pre season friendlies and at Ibrox against cannon fodder but that’s today, Pittodrie and the game against Tarriers he’s been pathetic.

Not the worst performance ever by a Rangers player. Thinking Sebo, Dalcio etc but by fuck he doesn’t half bring the critics on to himself. Don’t think I’ve ever seen a player do step overs and knock it out the park with the final one... and its not the first time he has done it.

Feel his game is a total contrast to the start of the season. He gets the ball, does a sprint and then passes it wide or into the middle. He doesn’t get in dangerous areas either anymore. 

There was a lot of talk at the start of the season about him needing to improve his numbers, not convinced he has done that

15 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

For who? Brandon Barker? :lol:

He’s in dreadful form at the moment, but until we get Scott Wright in, we don’t exactly have a viable alternative. 

With our full backs giving us width, I would'nt be opposed to having Aribo on that side,

Kents its offering us width or penetrative, teams  sit in so just need someone with a decent pass and some guile to be our Left *10* 

I get cant do that last few games as no Midfield cover. With Jack Back push Aribo Left 10  let him try a few mazy runs. 1-2s with Morelos.

Feed Borna to ping in croses. 

Cant fault his effort but it's the end product and the amount of times he goes down blind alleys that go against him. At least 3 times he ran the ball out of play for instance and I think he ran out of ideas all too often. Needs to step up.

He was poor today! Think Kent is more suited against teams that attack us as there is more space for him when its a team that have most of their players defending he just looses the ball too much, I would drop him for a game or 2 and try Itten Morelos Roofe or hagi.