7 hours ago, sco22y said:

To think many on here, are schimfing about a player who has been integral to our success this season, when we are 15 points clear, is simply shocking. His form, defensively as well as forward play, has been a huge factor in our league position. 

That's far too sensible for this forum mate.👍

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here comes the overreaction! He wasn't good at all, but the worst performance ever aye?

Gerrard wanted to sign him desperately and Liverpool wanted 7m for him, therefore the pricetag is now irrelevant. Kent nailed his colours very firmly to our mast at the start of the season when Leeds

Superb the night, class goal

Posted Images

2 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Kent is soo valuable to the team and the way we play. THIS is why we paid £7 mil for him and he's worth every penny in my eye's. He gets a lot of unnecessary stick at times just because of his price tag, but he's the only player in our team who has the ability/skill and pace to take the ball and run as well as play in tight areas. Yes we'd all like him to score more or assist more but his game is a lot more than that and if he only shows up for the big games while playing ok in the others(rest of the team can step up) then I'm fine with that because it will all click eventually. There's also 2 or 3 other forward players who also need to chip in more but they don't receive the same kind of scrutiny as Kent. 

Well played Kent you were excellent and a lot of folk won't know or appreciate what they have until it's gone. 

Top post mate.

8 minutes ago, My Fathers Scarf said:

That's far too sensible for this forum mate.👍

So true. It never ceases to amaze how much we love to criticise our players individually. The team has been great all season and again last night they should a strength and character lacking in recent seasons.

I don't understand the way we attack players on here. Aribo has been the subject of some guff on here yet, he scored the opener last night and a screamer recently. The last few weeks we haven't been at our best but collectively we have done the business.

Give the guys a break and a bit of support.

14 hours ago, sco22y said:

Who's spouting 'told you so'?

On many occasions where Kent has had a mediocre game, it isn't a coincidence that the full back (whatever side he is playing that day) has done well. Too many fans just think he has a shit game because he hasn't scored, assisted or created chances. That is bollocks and old fashioned. The reason SG consistently plays him is because he can trust his phenomenal work rate. Defensively, first of all (allowing Wing backs to go forward) , and then his above average forward play.

Unfortunately for Ryan, playing in Stevie G's front 3 often means covering in at full back and not always taking the lime light. 

You were, by essentially taking his performance last night as being evidence that all his critics are wrong/that they’re arguments are ‘shocking’/out of order. 

We all know he has terrific work rate. So did Candeias. But that wasn’t enough to keep him at the club. In comparison, Kent has youth in his favour and, on his day, far greater talent. But the simple fact is, he has A LOT of games whereby he’s massively ineffective as an attacking force. I say that as a frustrated fan of his. But it’s a fact.

We need to see him being much more clinical and making better decisions more often given the positions he often finds himself in. In other words, we need to see more of last night’s performance.

Also, being in Gerrard’s front 3 doesn’t mean covering in at full back at all - that’s a job for a Kamara, Jack or Arfield.

5 hours ago, Iakona said:

What I really liked was how many times he busted his ass to get back and help Balogun with Lukaku last night.

Even when it should have been another player doubling up, Kent was still zooming in from out of nowhere to get stuck in.

Yes, even in games when he's not playing so well his work rate is exceptional.

Last night he was excellent.

BlueAvenger likes this
21 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

He’s not been a scapegoat just a £7m player who’s not produced enough so far.

He’s done well but not done enough over the course of the season.

He’s still young and will be a great player in the next couple of years..

He’s done more than enough this season.

5 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

You were, by essentially taking his performance last night as being evidence that all his critics are wrong/that they’re arguments are ‘shocking’/out of order. 

We all know he has terrific work rate. So did Candeias. But that wasn’t enough to keep him at the club. In comparison, Kent has youth in his favour and, on his day, far greater talent. But the simple fact is, he has A LOT of games whereby he’s massively ineffective as an attacking force. I say that as a frustrated fan of his. But it’s a fact.

We need to see him being much more clinical and making better decisions more often given the positions he often finds himself in. In other words, we need to see more of last night’s performance.

Also, being in Gerrard’s front 3 doesn’t mean covering in at full back at all - that’s a job for a Kamara, Jack or Arfield.

He’s a winger and unfortunately he’s going to be inconsistent but he’s had far more good games than bad games for us.

People will only realise how good he is and how integral he is to our team when god forbid he goes.

Kent does drift in and out of games but his movement continually drags defenders to him leaving space for others. Then last night he popped up with an absolute cracker of a goal.

I remember Baxter getting stick for the same thing and Gazza but the wee moments of brilliance more than make up for their down time.

3 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

He’s not really and you’ve actually put on your next post he’s been inconsistent.

Make your mind up. Has he done enough or been inconsistent??

Realistically as a club in these current times spending £7m on a player who’s done enough or been inconsistent doesn’t cut it .

If we’re spending that kind of money on a player every week he should be a superstar.

HG5 likes this
Just now, AlbertzLoyalRSC said:

Not sure you've thought this through tbh...

Well yeah I have cos players these days are born in the 2000s not the late 80s or 90s that they’d use as their squad numbers. Not sure you’ve actually thought my point through have you?

16 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Could argue every single one of the squad has given where we are, doesnt mean they cannot be criticised for poor performances etc

Kent until thurs night has been a passenger in our games for a while, people are allowed to question his game

17 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

He’s a winger and unfortunately he’s going to be inconsistent but he’s had far more good games than bad games for us.

People will only realise how good he is and how integral he is to our team when god forbid he goes.

I wasn’t happy he never started on Thursday but never realised it was due to a knock but watching that first half you just knew he could do some damage as the midfield was wide open with gaps everywhere which meant the midfielders had time on the ball to pick their passes. Kent changed the whole game. I also thought the game was screaming out for Hagi as Scotty Arfield wasn’t up to speed yet and you could see on his face he knew that when he was subbed.

Laudrup1690 likes this
On 20/02/2021 at 14:11, Jimbeamjunior said:

Could argue every single one of the squad has given where we are, doesnt mean they cannot be criticised for poor performances etc

Kent until thurs night has been a passenger in our games for a while, people are allowed to question his game

That’s the point he hasn’t been a passenger people just say that because he’s not taking on 2/3 men when he has the ball.

He’s a winger he’s going to be inconsistent sometimes.

I hope it’s a long time before he leaves because then people will realise how much of a vital part of the team he is.