Ryan Kent

GOAT

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely if you spend 7mill on someone he should be consistently playing well against utter shite in the spfl, no one is asking for motm performances every game, but at least have some form of contribution every game 

Aye he doesn’t contribute at all in the games he plays.

He has 20 goals and assists this season thats a very good return.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely if you spend 7mill on someone he should be consistently playing well against utter shite in the spfl, no one is asking for motm performances every game, but at least have some form of contribution every game 

You don’t always get what you pay for. 
Applies to football players as well I think. 
Re Kents contribution, imo he has consistently & positively contributed plenty so far this season. 

6 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Aye he doesn’t contribute at all in the games he plays.

He has 20 goals and assists this season thats a very good return.

Id question they stats but even then, that's one contributions every two and a bit games, so yeah half the time he doesnt contribute, even more so when you think he had two assists against the sheep, 

Thats all, people are asking for a bit more consistency, same with aribo, hagi, roofe, morelos etc, over the course of the season they have all came together as a team and deservedly won the league, and stormed across Europe, but fans can still debate the players performances, especially inconsistency 

1 hour ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Technically the most gifted at Ibrox, if he stayed the long haul he could score 20+ in a season as a winger. I think he misses the crowds and ambience that go's with it.

Got a feeling next year he'll be dynamite in the CL, the big stage and all that.

He wasnt anywhere near 20 last season with all the fans and the ambience

Last season he scored 8 in 33 games overall, and only 4 assists, 

On 18/02/2021 at 23:34, DBBTB said:

Kent tonight

Roofe vs Liege

Roofe vs Benfica

Tav vs Dundee Utd

Jack vs Kilmarnock

Jack bs Ross County

Aribo vs Ross County

Some season for great goals.

Sorry for the late reply but both Galatasaray goals and Kamara away to Benfica is up there as well.

2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Sorry for the late reply but both Galatasaray goals and Kamara away to Benfica is up there as well.

Kent vs Dundee united earlier this season, couple of passes, into hagi, nutmegs the defender to Kent who sends the other defender to the shops for a cargo and drills it under the keeper, fantastic goal

On 22/02/2021 at 10:33, Jimbeamjunior said:

Has he done more than Duffy and Barkas together? He cost less than the pair of them. I remember John White getting pelters from the Scottish fans for not doing enough yet he was an integral part of Tottenham's double double team.

11 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Has he done more than Duffy and Barkas together? He cost less than the pair of them. I remember John White getting pelters from the Scottish fans for not doing enough yet he was an integral part of Tottenham's double double team.

Nah, defo duffy and barkas have done more for our title win than kent, morelos, roofe, davis combined 😂😂😂

On 22/02/2021 at 10:33, Jimbeamjunior said:

What do you determine as contribution? From what I've watched he's contributed a lot and is definitely worth every penny we have spent. It's unrealistic to expect him to score or assist every game! He drags 2 defenders to him every time he gets the ball because teams are shit scared of him, he's the only player in our team who could pick the ball up and run with it for about 50 yards, he's the only player in our team who has the trickery and unpredictability to seriously hurt teams, he can score goals with both feet. He does a lot of work that folk don't give him praise or credit for and maybe if others stepped forward more with the unselfish work he does then we'd appreciate his class and ability. He will only get better and folk that don't rate him will know fine well what they've lost when he leaves. 

51 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

What do you determine as contribution? From what I've watched he's contributed a lot and is definitely worth every penny we have spent. It's unrealistic to expect him to score or assist every game! He drags 2 defenders to him every time he gets the ball because teams are shit scared of him, he's the only player in our team who could pick the ball up and run with it for about 50 yards, he's the only player in our team who has the trickery and unpredictability to seriously hurt teams, he can score goals with both feet. He does a lot of work that folk don't give him praise or credit for and maybe if others stepped forward more with the unselfish work he does then we'd appreciate his class and ability. He will only get better and folk that don't rate him will know fine well what they've lost when he leaves. 

If he can pick the ball up and run with it 50 yards, if he's the only one who has the trickery and unpredictability, and can score goals with both feet, why has he only got 20 goals and assists combined in 40 games, given 31 of them have been against utter shite of scottish football

1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

I’ve come to the conclusion that some posters are just clueless about football.

43 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If he can pick the ball up and run with it 50 yards, if he's the only one who has the trickery and unpredictability, and can score goals with both feet, why has he only got 20 goals and assists combined in 40 games, given 31 of them have been against utter shite of scottish football

A number of reasons could contribute to that like being fouled or the person he's gave the ball to has fucked up. His main asset is he shows up on the big occasions and I'm happy with that. 

Its funny init.

For the last 3 years everything our RB did except defend were never taken as excuses for his performances. 

A don't care about assists, a RB should defend everything else is gravy was the cry.

So whats a wingers job first and foremost, everything else is gravy.

Fairs fair.

I'm happy with what he brought to the team this season.
With a player with that quality, you always want more from him but he's still young and I'm sure he will progress in the next months/years.

Sad part is when he'll be regular at Ibrox, Premier League clubs will come knocking. Surely the £7m invested will evolve into at least the double.

Gerrard wanted to sign him desperately and Liverpool wanted 7m for him, therefore the pricetag is now irrelevant. Kent nailed his colours very firmly to our mast at the start of the season when Leeds were showing a lot of interest. His stats show he's improved his returns on last season. The boy loves playing for Rangers and clearly tries his best every time he pulls the shirt on (regardless of whether he is having a good game or not). It's fucking demented how people chew off on the kid when he's always available, gets fouled more than anyone in the SPL (never seen him writhe around the floor when he gets mauled either) and puts defences under pressure through bookings even when he's not at his best. The kid is a pro and a class act....we are lucky to have him and he's paid more than a fair share back with his contribution to 55

One of the players if he had more consistency we would get a lot of money for has everything pace power scores goals and bags of skill and talent but like a lot of wingers he makes some wrong choices and is inconsistent.

3 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The worrying thing is that people are more likely to write off hagi before kent, when hagi has contributed probably more per game than kent, certainly more per game time given hagi barely finishes a game

I think Hagi has become an easy sub must be gutting for him as he offers a lot to the team.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

I think Hagi has become an easy sub must be gutting for him as he offers a lot to the team.

Hagi gives it all when he plays.

He's had a stop-start career of being played then benched. 

Perhaps he realises he's at a higher level now? He always seems totally interested and committed when he comes on.

1 hour ago, LucyBlue said:

Hagi gives it all when he plays.

He's had a stop-start career of being played then benched. 

Perhaps he realises he's at a higher level now? He always seems totally interested and committed when he comes on.

Love Hagi’s attitude, constantly chasing and closing people down and throwing a foot into a tackle. Same can also be said for kent, just a team who are enjoying it and play for the badge I think. 

Archived