Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 20/02/2021 at 01:15, ElBufalo20 said:

He’s not really and you’ve actually put on your next post he’s been inconsistent.

Make your mind up. Has he done enough or been inconsistent??

Realistically as a club in these current times spending £7m on a player who’s done enough or been inconsistent doesn’t cut it .

If we’re spending that kind of money on a player every week he should be a superstar.

He goes through periods of being inconsistent but still over the season he does more than enough.

Is that hard to understand?

£7m to us is a lot but in most league iys loose change so sorry to break it to you but £7 doesn’t buy you a ‘superstar’ unless you add another zero onto that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

And here comes the overreaction! He wasn't good at all, but the worst performance ever aye?

Gerrard wanted to sign him desperately and Liverpool wanted 7m for him, therefore the pricetag is now irrelevant. Kent nailed his colours very firmly to our mast at the start of the season when Leeds

Superb the night, class goal

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

He goes through periods of being inconsistent but still over the season he does more than enough.

Is that hard to understand?

£7m to us is a lot but in most league iys loose change so sorry to break it to you but £7 doesn’t buy you a ‘superstar’ unless you add another zero onto that.

I’ll agree with that point.

I’ts all relative though because as you said £7m is huge for Scotland so should be a superstar here not comparing him to other players and price tags in the world 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ElBufalo20 said:

I’ll agree with that point.

I’ts all relative though because as you said £7m is huge for Scotland so should be a superstar here not comparing him to other players and price tags in the world 

Yeah but you can’t get a superstar in Scottish league terms for £7m he won’t be the finished article so to speak.

Kent for me is one of our best players and if fit he plays because hardly anyone in our squad can do what he done on Thursday.

Bad Robot likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I’ll agree with that point.

I’ts all relative though because as you said £7m is huge for Scotland so should be a superstar here not comparing him to other players and price tags in the world 

If only it was as simple as the amount you spend on a player determines how good he performs for you.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Amokachi said:

If only it was as simple as the amount you spend on a player determines how good he performs for you.  

Surely if you spend 7mill on someone he should be consistently playing well against utter shite in the spfl, no one is asking for motm performances every game, but at least have some form of contribution every game 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely if you spend 7mill on someone he should be consistently playing well against utter shite in the spfl, no one is asking for motm performances every game, but at least have some form of contribution every game 

Aye he doesn’t contribute at all in the games he plays.

He has 20 goals and assists this season thats a very good return.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely if you spend 7mill on someone he should be consistently playing well against utter shite in the spfl, no one is asking for motm performances every game, but at least have some form of contribution every game 

You don’t always get what you pay for. 
Applies to football players as well I think. 
Re Kents contribution, imo he has consistently & positively contributed plenty so far this season. 
 

Laudrup1690 and Bad Robot like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Aye he doesn’t contribute at all in the games he plays.

He has 20 goals and assists this season thats a very good return.

 

Id question they stats but even then, that's one contributions every two and a bit games, so yeah half the time he doesnt contribute, even more so when you think he had two assists against the sheep, 

Thats all, people are asking for a bit more consistency, same with aribo, hagi, roofe, morelos etc, over the course of the season they have all came together as a team and deservedly won the league, and stormed across Europe, but fans can still debate the players performances, especially inconsistency 

Rangers_no1 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DerekJohnstone said:

Technically the most gifted at Ibrox, if he stayed the long haul he could score 20+ in a season as a winger. I think he misses the crowds and ambience that go's with it.

Got a feeling next year he'll be dynamite in the CL, the big stage and all that.

He wasnt anywhere near 20 last season with all the fans and the ambience

Last season he scored 8 in 33 games overall, and only 4 assists, 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/02/2021 at 23:34, DBBTB said:

Kent tonight

Roofe vs Liege

Roofe vs Benfica

Tav vs Dundee Utd

Jack vs Kilmarnock

Jack bs Ross County

Aribo vs Ross County

Some season for great goals.

Sorry for the late reply but both Galatasaray goals and Kamara away to Benfica is up there as well.

corriebrae likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

Sorry for the late reply but both Galatasaray goals and Kamara away to Benfica is up there as well.

Kent vs Dundee united earlier this season, couple of passes, into hagi, nutmegs the defender to Kent who sends the other defender to the shops for a cargo and drills it under the keeper, fantastic goal

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2021 at 10:33, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely if you spend 7mill on someone he should be consistently playing well against utter shite in the spfl, no one is asking for motm performances every game, but at least have some form of contribution every game 

Has he done more than Duffy and Barkas together? He cost less than the pair of them. I remember John White getting pelters from the Scottish fans for not doing enough yet he was an integral part of Tottenham's double double team.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Corky True Legend said:

Has he done more than Duffy and Barkas together? He cost less than the pair of them. I remember John White getting pelters from the Scottish fans for not doing enough yet he was an integral part of Tottenham's double double team.

Nah, defo duffy and barkas have done more for our title win than kent, morelos, roofe, davis combined 😂😂😂

DrLaudrup likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/02/2021 at 10:33, Jimbeamjunior said:

Surely if you spend 7mill on someone he should be consistently playing well against utter shite in the spfl, no one is asking for motm performances every game, but at least have some form of contribution every game 

What do you determine as contribution? From what I've watched he's contributed a lot and is definitely worth every penny we have spent. It's unrealistic to expect him to score or assist every game! He drags 2 defenders to him every time he gets the ball because teams are shit scared of him, he's the only player in our team who could pick the ball up and run with it for about 50 yards, he's the only player in our team who has the trickery and unpredictability to seriously hurt teams, he can score goals with both feet. He does a lot of work that folk don't give him praise or credit for and maybe if others stepped forward more with the unselfish work he does then we'd appreciate his class and ability. He will only get better and folk that don't rate him will know fine well what they've lost when he leaves. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

What do you determine as contribution? From what I've watched he's contributed a lot and is definitely worth every penny we have spent. It's unrealistic to expect him to score or assist every game! He drags 2 defenders to him every time he gets the ball because teams are shit scared of him, he's the only player in our team who could pick the ball up and run with it for about 50 yards, he's the only player in our team who has the trickery and unpredictability to seriously hurt teams, he can score goals with both feet. He does a lot of work that folk don't give him praise or credit for and maybe if others stepped forward more with the unselfish work he does then we'd appreciate his class and ability. He will only get better and folk that don't rate him will know fine well what they've lost when he leaves. 

If he can pick the ball up and run with it 50 yards, if he's the only one who has the trickery and unpredictability, and can score goals with both feet, why has he only got 20 goals and assists combined in 40 games, given 31 of them have been against utter shite of scottish football

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

What do you determine as contribution? From what I've watched he's contributed a lot and is definitely worth every penny we have spent. It's unrealistic to expect him to score or assist every game! He drags 2 defenders to him every time he gets the ball because teams are shit scared of him, he's the only player in our team who could pick the ball up and run with it for about 50 yards, he's the only player in our team who has the trickery and unpredictability to seriously hurt teams, he can score goals with both feet. He does a lot of work that folk don't give him praise or credit for and maybe if others stepped forward more with the unselfish work he does then we'd appreciate his class and ability. He will only get better and folk that don't rate him will know fine well what they've lost when he leaves. 

I’ve come to the conclusion that some posters are just clueless about football.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

If he can pick the ball up and run with it 50 yards, if he's the only one who has the trickery and unpredictability, and can score goals with both feet, why has he only got 20 goals and assists combined in 40 games, given 31 of them have been against utter shite of scottish football

A number of reasons could contribute to that like being fouled or the person he's gave the ball to has fucked up. His main asset is he shows up on the big occasions and I'm happy with that. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Its funny init.

For the last 3 years everything our RB did except defend were never taken as excuses for his performances. 

A don't care about assists, a RB should defend everything else is gravy was the cry.

So whats a wingers job first and foremost, everything else is gravy.

Fairs fair.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy with what he brought to the team this season.
With a player with that quality, you always want more from him but he's still young and I'm sure he will progress in the next months/years.

Sad part is when he'll be regular at Ibrox, Premier League clubs will come knocking. Surely the £7m invested will evolve into at least the double.

Bad Robot likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 21 April 2021 18:00 Until 20:00
      0  
      St. Johnstone v Rangers
      McDiarmid Park
      Scottish Premiership

×
×
  • Create New...