Ryan Kent

GOAT

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BearInTheToon said:

Think the worry is mate that we’ve said that about him 4 or 5 times already this season, since late September/early October.

Problem today though is him, Aribo, Hagi and Tav didn’t turn up. And Kamara offers us next to nothing going forward.

He’s not been here that long but has had periods where he just not quite disappears but can struggle to fill the jersey.

He’s having ‘one of those games’ practically every game just now. 
Due to his off the ball work and the fact he is a top player he starts all the time. 
Tbf to him he didn’t set his 7m fee and for what it’s worth I reckon he’ll turn his form around to finish this season off in style. 

11 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

Quite possible the worst performance in a Rangers shirt ever? 

Fucking hell. :lol: 

Looking at it logically he's not in good form. Ran the ball out a few times after going by a few men. Probably needs a break if we're honest and/or a goal. 

A break? He doesn’t play internationals and is having a break every week now?

As for goals, it would help if he would go into the box when we are attacking and when he gets the chances he lacks the quality and composure to finish.

26 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Quite possibly the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Rangers player.  Still baffled why he lasted 87 minutes but Hagi was took off.

He was shite. Hagi was his equal though and on a yellow.

Had a bad game and hasn’t been in the best of form for the past couple of months. But Barisic only got so many crosses in because Kent drags 1-2 men with him when he goes inside.

He’s crucial to how we play and we currently don’t have anyone to challenge him there until Roofe is back. 

But he wasn’t even the worst player on the park today. Aribo was absolutely woeful at times and ballooned a great chance over. 

At the moment, he’s so easy to defend against. He comes so deep and then just passes sideways, rarely actually tries to drive at someone, just take a man on without his fancy stepovers and then beats himself. Needs to do far more work in the final third. 

Actually looks like he needs a rest but he’s undroppable to SG without the likes of Roofe and Arfield fit. If we’re going to sign Wright in the summer then I’d imagine he’ll be here before end of month, doubt he’s the answer but we need someone a bit gallus who will actually take someone on and have a shot, a cheapie Maddison so to speak as not one of our players will take on a shot. 

Early season form has deserted him and he looks totally shot of confidence. For a player whos manager shows total faith in him by playing him game after game I struggle to see where the drop of form and lack of confidence comes from.

When we play 433 his only competition is Barker who seems to struggle to stay fit for anymore than a few games. Perhaps this is the real problem and he has no real fear of someone taking the jersey of him.

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

At the moment, he’s so easy to defend against. He comes so deep and then just passes sideways, rarely actually tries to drive at someone, just take a man on without his fancy stepovers and then beats himself. Needs to do far more work in the final third. 

Actually looks like he needs a rest but he’s undroppable to SG without the likes of Roofe and Arfield fit. If we’re going to sign Wright in the summer then I’d imagine he’ll be here before end of month, doubt he’s the answer but we need someone a bit gallus who will actually take someone on and have a shot, a cheapie Maddison so to speak as not one of our players will take on a shot. 

what about stewart, barker, jones, middleton, or hastie??

We need to balance, for my input, Stewart is the player id bring on to change anything, stewart has being given any chance this season at all, actually decent with the ball at his feet and plays through balls, has never really had a chance imo, wright is any better than those mentioned above.

we need to stop buying average and flooding oru squad with players of the same ability.

1 minute ago, GOAT said:

Hagi had a far, far, far better game than Kent!

I thought Hagi was showing signs of coming into the game at the beginning of the second half. The yellow card fucked him.

Kent stays on based on 'potential'. Unfortunately, his moments of quality are few and far between.

4 minutes ago, gazza27 said:

Embarrassing post by the way fucking embarrassing 

If it gets as embarrassing as trying to do a few step overs and knocking the ball out the park, that’s when I’ll worry. 

Would take selling him if a decent offer came in & we had the time to get a replacement...sadly neither of those are true so he stays and is still our best option on the left wing.

Needs a spell out the team though, coming on as an impact sub. He's offered next to nothing for a long time now & it might fire him up a bit having to sit on the sidelines.

6 minutes ago, falkirkNS said:

what about stewart, barker, jones, middleton, or hastie??

We need to balance, for my input, Stewart is the player id bring on to change anything, stewart has being given any chance this season at all, actually decent with the ball at his feet and plays through balls, has never really had a chance imo, wright is any better than those mentioned above.

we need to stop buying average and flooding oru squad with players of the same ability.

I don’t disagree with not giving some a chance but I doubt any of those you mention will be with us next season, wouldn’t even be surprised if they’ve already been told that. SG clearly doesn’t want to play them. Are they really giving much effort or busting a gut to get a game in training or are they going through the motions?  I also don’t disagree with Wright being a similar standard but we’re obviously interested. If he does sign, I think those above that you mention, still with us, will potentially go out sooner than the summer. Fresh blood, fresh hunger. 

Archived