Ryan Kent

GOAT

43 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Quite possibly the worst performance I’ve ever seen from a Rangers player.  Still baffled why he lasted 87 minutes but Hagi was took off.

Was he aye? Can't have watched many games then. Can I just mention Ian Black as just one of many many who were much worse every match.

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's effort there but some serious lack of maturity and game knowledge on his play at times.

3 shimmies then passes it back. 2 step overs then turns the wrong way into traffic. Puts the burners on and runs straight out the park. Tries a trick and kicks the ball out of play. Or a personal favourite of an opponent 5 yards in front of him intercepting a pass Kent thought would just go straight through him.

Hes actually a very gifted player. He probably needs to stop fannying about, keep it simple, and just take a man on and he'll get more joy. 

20 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

Had a bad game and hasn’t been in the best of form for the past couple of months. But Barisic only got so many crosses in because Kent drags 1-2 men with him when he goes inside.

He’s crucial to how we play and we currently don’t have anyone to challenge him there until Roofe is back. 

But he wasn’t even the worst player on the park today. Aribo was absolutely woeful at times and ballooned a great chance over. 

Aribo was 3 out of 10.

Kent was still worse.

2 minutes ago, Moody Blue said:

I don’t disagree with not giving some a chance but I doubt any of those you mention will be with us next season, wouldn’t even be surprised if they’ve already been told that. SG clearly doesn’t want to play them. Are they really giving much effort or busting a gut to get a game in training or are they going through the motions?  I also don’t disagree with Wright being a similar standard but we’re obviously interested. If he does sign, I think those above that you mention, still with us, will potentially go out sooner than the summer. Fresh blood, fresh hunger. 

gerrard brought 4 of the 5 i mentioned in, middleton one baffles me, great breakthrough season, changed the game in europe a few times, never to be seen again...

Watching that today I was definitely thinking Kent’s performance was up there with the performances we seen whilst the tarriers were putting 4 & 5 past us on a regular basis 🤦🏻‍♂️

Didn't play well today but he’s always one that will likely create something. Just wish he’d be a bit more direct than he is both on & off the ball

30 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

A break? He doesn’t play internationals and is having a break every week now?

As for goals, it would help if he would go into the box when we are attacking and when he gets the chances he lacks the quality and composure to finish.

A break from the team. 

I feel like he needs that boot up the arse, or a goal to give him a boost. 

As a ball carrier and presser we have nobody like him which makes it too easy for him to start.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

A break from the team. 

I feel like he needs that boot up the arse, or a goal to give him a boost. 

As a ball carrier and presser we have nobody like him which makes it too easy for him to start.

At this moment in time he’s a luxury player that we’re playing hoping he does something.

We can get away with that when Roofe and Arfield are there but when Kent, Aribo and Hagi are in team at same time then that’s 3 that we are almost carrying in an attacking sense.

He is badly off form but then Ive not seen him string any consistent performances together since he signed.

He just doesnt offer enough end product and his stats for the amount of minutes he gets is frankly appalling. Id even be willing to bet if any other of our wide players were given the time and opportunities he has then they would deliver much more than he has. 

So yeah im on side of if leeds come in for him and we can make some cash then id sell. 

Archived