Ryan Kent

GOAT

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

At this moment in time he’s a luxury player that we’re playing hoping he does something.

We can get away with that when Roofe and Arfield are there but when Kent, Aribo and Hagi are in team at same time then that’s 3 that we are almost carrying in an attacking sense.

I agree. But...

I don't think there's an alternative right now. 

18 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Get the lad from Aberdeen in this week and give Kent a spell on the bench.

Don’t think that’s how it works tbf.  
If he joins he’ll have to earn the managers trust, something Gerrard has in spades for Kent. 

1 hour ago, Gaz9 said:

And here comes the overreaction!

Every week now this is getting said. 
He has been absolutely dreadful for nearly the entire season and bar one game a few weeks ago, he seems undroppable. He shouldn’t be anywhere near the starting line up right now. 

I think the fact we are looking to sign another winger highlights the issue. Kent is a good player but he is inconsistent. Barker and Stewart are not the solution. Jones is persona non grata and has probably burned his bridges with Gerrard. If Roofe was fit he would have played probably. But there is recognition that we still need to improve the cover in that area of the pitch. 

Honestly this place is laughable at times, he had a stinker same as most of the team did but we're still undefeated. None of us would've believed how far we would be in front at this stage and we've been outstanding. We Never lost fs, move on to the next 

2 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Honestly this place is laughable at times, he had a stinker same as most of the team did but we're still undefeated. None of us would've believed how far we would be in front at this stage and we've been outstanding. We Never lost fs, move on to the next 

Your reasoning about being undefeated completely misses the point that Ryan Kent either tripped over the ball or kicked it out for a bye kick all day long.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

Your reasoning about being undefeated completely misses the point that Ryan Kent either tripped over the ball or kicked it out for a bye kick all day long.

He was pish but borna done it aswell. Think a few done it actually. A don't think the pitch helped either tbf 

We really do need to calm the fuck down .I love Ryan Kent .It’s players like him that have seen us go undefeated in the league and Europe .And get us into this dominant position from last  few seasons .He is suffering some sort of form slump .It happens .Alfredo ,Goldson are a few examples .

1 minute ago, eejay the dj said:

We really do need to calm the fuck down .I love Ryan Kent .It’s players like him that have seen us go undefeated in the league and Europe .And get us into this dominant position from last  few seasons .He is suffering some sort of form slump .It happens .Alfredo ,Goldson are a few examples .

Thought Goldson was MOTM today.

8 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

I think the fact we are looking to sign another winger highlights the issue. Kent is a good player but he is inconsistent. Barker and Stewart are not the solution. Jones is persona non grata and has probably burned his bridges with Gerrard. If Roofe was fit he would have played probably. But there is recognition that we still need to improve the cover in that area of the pitch. 

Agreed, however a consistent winger is and always has been and probably always will be a rarity. 
Thinking back to some of the absolute howlers our very own Super Cooper had provides some kind of perspective for me.  

11 minutes ago, Moobs said:

Mate, what if we had lost today? 

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

This. Leeds were after him so hopefully come back in. 

We can surely get better for that money, Kent doesn't contribute anywhere near enough for that price tag. 

Leeds or anyone else comes in with anything above the price we paid for him then I'd be happy to see him off. Should never be spending that amount of money on a single player until we are a consistent Champions League team.

22 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Play Stewart or barker then because Kent has been rank rotten for weeks.

Said it in the match thread, if we get that boy Wright from the sheep in January that might give Kent the kick up the arse he needs. From the bits and bobs I've seen of him he looks not too bad a player. 

Wingers will always be inconsistent, and I like Kent, but he has been shite for weeks/months now. 

Archived