Ryan Kent

GOAT

• Replies 921
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Leftpegcoopz11 said:

Said it in the match thread, if we get that boy Wright from the sheep in January that might give Kent the kick up the arse he needs. From the bits and bobs I've seen of him he looks not too bad a player. 

Wingers will always be inconsistent, and I like Kent, but he has been shite for weeks/months now. 

We should be learning from Jones/Stewart/Hastie that SPL jobbers aren’t the answer.

He had a shocker (Aribo not far behind) but it is not even the worst performance by a player this season never mind ever.

Perspective is a problem with individuals in our support and this is a prime example.

1 minute ago, STEPPS BOY said:

We should be learning from Jones/Stewart/Hastie that SPL jobbers aren’t the answer.

For 3 of them there is always a Kamara. Yes it's not going to give us a hit every single time but for the price they deliver far more than a Kent has per pound. 

He certainly looks a better prospect than Hastie, which granted, wouldn't be difficult. He's only 23yo, spent a long spell out after picking up a cruciate knee injury in 2019. Dont know what the fee quoted is that we will pay, but will wait and see how he turns out. 

3 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

For 3 of them there is always a Kamara. Yes it's not going to give us a hit every single time but for the price they deliver far more than a Kent has per pound. 

But folk are saying Kent can’t be dropped because Jones/ Barker and Stewart aren’t good enough but Scott Wright is?

But folk are saying Kent can’t be dropped because Jones/ Barker and Stewart are shite but Scott Wright is?

That's what I'm saying. We've had 4/5 shite freebies from the league and 1 that's delivered in spades. Given that Wright will be another free shot I say why not? If we were looking to pay a million for him then I'd say fuck off.

Kent for £7m is just as bad of business as Jullien at £7m for them for me. £3m at a push but even then we have Roofe at £4m that looks 10x the player Kent does. A failure of the past DoF.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

That's what I'm saying. We've had 4/5 shite freebies from the league and 1 that's delivered in spades. Given that Wright will be another free shot I say why not? If we were looking to pay a million for him then I'd say fuck off.

Kent for £7m is just as bad of business as Jullien at £7m for them for me. £3m at a push but even then we have Roofe at £4m that looks 10x the player Kent does. A failure of the past DoF.

I think the form Kent showed previous to his move made us think it was good business he's just not kicked on since. 

1 minute ago, The Godfather said:

I think the form Kent showed previous to his move made us think it was good business he's just not kicked on since. 

It looked like he was what we needed but if anything has regressed since signing permanently. Again should never be paying £7m for a player, let alone him.

2 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Boys a one trick pony and every team in the league knows exactly what hes going to do.

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

If we need to sell a first team player to balance the books then Kent has to be top of the list, can’t question his work rate tbf but the end product/quality just isn’t there on a consistent basis. 

Kent and Aribo would be a sizeable chunk put back into the bank balance and would not be missed.

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Exactly, I don't know any more than the next person if Wright will turn out shite or not. He may well kick on with his career with proper coaching at Ibrox. He has more potential than Hastie IMO, and Stewart was always going to be a bit part player, and Jones is just an immature arsehole, that had a chance to maybe do well and fucked it! 

13 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Kent and Aribo would be a sizeable chunk put back into the bank balance and would not be missed.

Think there’s a player in Aribo tbh but needs to be used further forward, Kent tho I’m sure we could easily replace, he can be good even unplayable some games but doesn’t do it anywhere near enough 

1 minute ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Think there’s a player in Aribo tbh but needs to be used further forward, Kent tho I’m sure we could easily replace, he can be good even unplayable some games but doesn’t do it anywhere near enough 

Not for me in this league. Possibly work out better for him in Italy where he can take his 40 touches on the ball before even getting his head up.

Kent can just go.

He was utter dug shite again today. Other than 4/5 games at the start of season he’s been shite all season, and most of last season actually. As time moves on he’s looking more and more like a colossal waste of money.  

Archived