Aribo

jjbscotty12

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Said in the match thread, Aribo is a pass the buck shitebag.  Keep your eye on him and not follow the ball and his positioning, runs, etc. are garbage. Plays far too ‘safe’ for a third midfielder when you already have Kamara and Davis in the team. He’s lucky SG has no other options just now. 

Compare and contrast that with Arfield playing in that 3, the forward runs he makes, the goals he contributes. Arfield isn’t devoid of shite games either but he never hides, digs in when needed and gets you goals from midfield. Aribo is a hider. 

The laddie is badly off form and through no fault of his own he is being selected to start. He needs to be benched. 

Im more concerned about the form and performances of Ryan Kent to be honest he has been a real let down for me this season and has 1 half decent performance in about 6. The lack of competition for his place makes it even worse. 

He's off form. Just like a few other in the team. I think there's a relative lack of confidence in the team to take on players, create and take chances. Not just Aribo. 

I think it stems from Jack's absence (and to a lesser degree Arfield's) - with Jack there the other players know there's cover for them, so they can afford to take more risks. 

I would switch Aribo & Hagi. I think Aribo is better suited more forward and Hagi sees the game better in a deeper role. 

Yes Aribo was poor today but he is a bit of a whipping boy on here. When he is on his game, he is unplayable at times.

Ovie Ejaria mark II

Decent at Ibrox against the leagues dross but should be nowhere near team when playing tougher teams.

As for playing him as part of front three - no pace, barely scores and is scared of folk coming through the back of him.

I’d sell him if any decent offers in summer.

He's definitely been poor for a couple months now bar a couple good games a few weeks ago. But I still like him. Tons of potential there, would be silly to write him off just now. Needs to learn to shoot more often and quicker, and work on his shooting in general. Think if something clicks in his head or he hits a bit of form he will be frighteningly good. Needs to improve though. 

Archived