Aribo

jjbscotty12

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

He’ll be 25 come the Summer and the coaching staff have been working with him for 18 months now. How much time do give him to develop before it’s acceptable to define him as little more than a luxury player? 

Doesn't help that guys like him, itten, etc all get moved around, they dont get to settle in a position, yeah they have their flaws, but one week aribo is a humber ten, playing high up the pitch, next he's in the midfield 3 looking at 9 opposing players in front of him

Very frustrating player who seems to run out of confidence as soon as the game kicks off.  If he would develop a bit of dig he would be a much better player.   As someone else has stated, I'm not sure he has the mentality to play for Rangers with the pressure and expectation on everyone who plays for us.

17 hours ago, Cedrick said:

He’s bad more than he’s good , never kicks on from a positive, disappears then will do something good in 6 games time again 

same can be said for kent though. would i get rid of either of them? absolutely not. when they are on their game they give us something nobody else can.

6 minutes ago, stevemac said:

same can be said for kent though. would i get rid of either of them? absolutely not. when they are on their game they give us something nobody else can.

Exactly mate, both are integral to the managers plans and fit his player profile to a tee. 

Having spent the last 10 years watching pish like Foster, Pena, Black and Jason Holt I am not into the full on hyperbole when it comes to players, Aribo is pretty removed from being one of the most frustrating players I have seen play for us. 

Aribo - class act, joined for free, will leave for a tidy profit with a league medal in his pocket, done what was asked, expected and needed of him and more. 

Okay he’s been shite lately, but wouldn’t say he’s ever had a consistent run of great games since he walked through the door.

Does some good things but has the heart of a mouse. Technically a better footballer than Arfield but contributes half as much, which is all that really counts.

As others have said, he hides - and it’s very apparent.

Think this whole thread is harsh. Not only has he not had many long runs of games, he is now occupying a position that doesn’t suit him purely because of injuries to other midfielders. He should be playing further up the pitch but is currently required to try and do a job until jack and airfield are back.

Fantastic ball control, quick feet, runs at people... but he is a young lad and still needs to develop parts of his game. But let’s not judge him when playing a position that doesn’t suit him. 

13 hours ago, Master_Betty said:

Think this whole thread is harsh. Not only has he not had many long runs of games, he is now occupying a position that doesn’t suit him purely because of injuries to other midfielders. He should be playing further up the pitch but is currently required to try and do a job until jack and airfield are back.

Fantastic ball control, quick feet, runs at people... but he is a young lad and still needs to develop parts of his game. But let’s not judge him when playing a position that doesn’t suit him. 

What position do you think he should play then ?
Cause I can't see him anything else than a 6 or 8, left side of the midfield 3. I don't think he has the attributes to play in the number 10 role or on the wings.

Frustrating player.

When he's sitting in the middle he doesn't seem to be comfortable in decision making, simple 5 yard ball to Kamara or Davis when he could take it on the half turn and burst 30 yards into space. Hasn't got the niggle to his game and for a guy of 6ft 3 or whatever he's poor in the air. Because he's got a languid style and doesn't look like he's bursting a gut it easy for fans to get pissed off with him.

There is definitely a player their though, his footwork is incredible. I just think Gerrard needs to find his best position although it's pretty worrying he hasn't found it in 2 years.

There's been periods where he's put together 2 or 3 really good performances, he just needs to up his consistency to carry on onto 5 or 6 and cement a place. 

14 hours ago, Big Al II said:

I think he struggled with the pitch yesterday, lots of times his first touch was really poor.

Wouldn’t be playing if Arfield was fit.

He wouldn't be playing in that position, he'd still get games in that front three though. 

He's a player who can play in the front 3, or well in midfield if Jack is playing - Honestly I think we play a more dynamic style with Jack as it generally means Kamara is on the bench (not that I think he deserves to be, just a change in style thing) and we are able to open up more with say Aribo/Arfield/Davis pushing further forward. Those are the times he looks more comfortable and able to influence the game.

4 hours ago, IRed said:

What position do you think he should play then ?
Cause I can't see him anything else than a 6 or 8, left side of the midfield 3. I don't think he has the attributes to play in the number 10 role or on the wings.

Your English is coming on leaps and bounds.

Archived