21 Wins, 3 Draws

J-Maestro

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I've never said we should be expecting to win all trophies. 

First season for any Rangers manager he has to win something, always been the case and always will yet here we are almost 3 years down down the line with nothing to show for it yet, though that will hopefully change in the coming months. 

Don't win things you're not here for long, just the way it is. 

I said folk expecting to win trophies in Gerrard's 1st season were at it. I explained why You countered this saying we should always be expecting to win trophies, anyone saying otherwise was taking the piss.

You now seem to suggest you'd have been happy with winning anything, maybe even a cup though again you've not answered a simple question asking your expectation. 

So really you're making a song and dance over him not winning a cup in season 1 that you expected but I didn't. Smashing mate. 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

People say that until we get dumped out of them and then it suddenly matters. Same thing happens in Europe too. I’ve lost count of how many times people have said they don’t care, or don’t see Europe, as a priority and yet when we don’t win they end up being some of the most vocal people about it.

Europe is something I think you have to adjust expectations depending on who we draw, but anyone who says it doesn't matter early on and they want out to focus on the league is an idiot. I mean its a priority for us to make the Group Stages now due to it being crucial to the club being functional. 

But the domestic cups are bread and butter. Why should we not be expecting to make the final every year unless we meet Celtic along the way?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I said folk expecting to win trophies in Gerrard's 1st season were at it. I explained why You countered this saying we should always be expecting to win trophies, anyone saying otherwise was taking the piss.

You now seem to suggest you'd have been happy with winning anything, maybe even a cup though again you've not answered a simple question asking your expectation. 

So really you're making a song and dance over him not winning a cup in season 1 that you expected but I didn't. Smashing mate. 

OK. 

For me the Domestic treble is less attractive (Don't get me wrong i want a clean sweep) than doing well in Europe and sacraficing the League cup. Money talks and we need to be doing well in Europe.

Play the fringe and youth players in the League cup, keeps them ticking over at the start of the season when there's no injuries/fatigue to the 1st choices. If we go out, we go out. 

The domestic cups mean very little if they're not accompanied by the league, simple as that. 

Nobody would take winning both domestic cups but losing the league, no matter what season it is.

Obviously we should be challenging for them & it would be nice to win them but in the grand scale of things if we win the league every season I couldnt give a fuck about them.

Europe is a little different, it's the big money that we need, a massive stage for the players (and our young manager tbh) + it's a glamour tie for the fans. 

1 minute ago, mclovin9091 said:

For me the Domestic treble is less attractive (Don't get me wrong i want a clean sweep) than doing well in Europe and sacraficing the League cup. Money talks and we need to be doing well in Europe.

Play the fringe and youth players in the League cup, keeps them ticking over at the start of the season when there's no injuries/fatigue to the 1st choices. If we go out, we go out. 

Fuck that. I'd rather we didn't enter the League Cup if that was the case.

I don't think anyone enjoyed watching a first team squad go out to St Mirren so who would be happy at watching u21s go out to St Mirren? 

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

oh my

14 minutes ago, Angus1965 said:

Seen a couple of interviews by Lennon today , the ramblings of a drunk man , he was like comical Ali , saying no one had tested positive , and everyone was out to get him .  

First I’ve heard about this 

21 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

For me aribo cannot play deep, he needs to be one of the front 3 or benched, and tbh id bench him for county at home, give zungu the start at home, and id drop kent for itten, then play itten through the middle and tell morelos to play off him along with hagi, we put in 41 crosses today apparently, wonder how many of those crosses from open play were into a box where motherwell defenders outnumbered Rangers attackers 2:1

By new year last season we had dropped 7 points, parkhead aside the signs were there that we werent playing well and needed a change, post new year we all know what happened, the goals dried up and we struggled 

The system that got us 15 wins in a row is the same system that scored 5 at fir park last time we were there, today we struggled for a single goal 

You quote stats when they only paint half the picture, stats show that kent should be a first name on the teamsheet, yet he is woefully short of form the now, stats show we won the last OF game, yet we had no shots on goal at home in a game where our keeper kept us in it the first half hour

Performances have been poor since st johnstone away, nothing wrong with tweaking a winning system if its performing poorly

I’m not quoting stats I’m quoting facts we have won 15 in a row.

We didn’t play crap against sheep thats a myth we were playing well even before the sending off and then we fell asleep for their only real chance of the game.

Kent hasn’t been great lately bar the sheep game but I would honestly still play him because he can change a game but I can see why people would want him dropped at the moment.

I think we can cut the team some slack because the points total they have amassed so far,last season people were complaining that when we didn’t play well we couldn’t get the win and then we start doing it this season and people still complain 🤔

Walters team had plenty of shit performances over the years and people didn’t give a fuck as long as we won the league.

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

I’m not quoting stats I’m quoting facts we have won 15 in a row.

We didn’t play crap against sheep thats a myth we were playing well even before the sending off and then we fell asleep for their only real chance of the game.

Kent hasn’t been great lately bar the sheep game but I would honestly still play him because he can change a game but I can see why people would want him dropped at the moment.

I think we can cut the team some slack because the points total they have amassed so far,last season people were complaining that when we didn’t play well we couldn’t get the win and then we start doing it this season and people still complain 🤔

Walters team had plenty of shit performances over the years and people didn’t give a fuck as long as we won the league.

Last season we had won 20 league games out of 23 before the wheels fell off, and the reason they fell off is because we stopped being a threat going forward, due to morelos going off a cliff and us not having sufficient replacements for him

So far this january we have scored 4 goals in 3 games , one was an OG in a home game we didn't even manage a shot on target, 2 were against 10 men and one was against the bottom of the league who we battered 5 by earlier in the season on their own turf

So as much as cutting them slack, we are almost in the same position as we were last season and the season before, for some reason we seem to run out of ideas on how to break down teams and score goals after new year 

People are rightly saying that we are missinh arfield and roofe, but look at the size of the squad, we shouldn't go from battering teams by 3 or 4 goals to struggling for a single goal all because we lost 2 players, 

And i dont think its a knee jerk reaction to say that if the current starting 11 cant implement the gaffers system properly, then he should change the players or change the system until such times as the starting 11 can implement his system again

He did it after livi away earlier this season, we tweaked our setup and absolutely blew teams away, and they got rightly praised for changing it

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Last season we had won 20 league games out of 23 before the wheels fell off, and the reason they fell off is because we stopped being a threat going forward, due to morelos going off a cliff and us not having sufficient replacements for him

So far this january we have scored 4 goals in 3 games , one was an OG in a home game we didn't even manage a shot on target, 2 were against 10 men and one was against the bottom of the league who we battered 5 by earlier in the season on their own turf

So as much as cutting them slack, we are almost in the same position as we were last season and the season before, for some reason we seem to run out of ideas on how to break down teams and score goals after new year 

People are rightly saying that we are missinh arfield and roofe, but look at the size of the squad, we shouldn't go from battering teams by 3 or 4 goals to struggling for a single goal all because we lost 2 players, 

And i dont think its a knee jerk reaction to say that if the current starting 11 cant implement the gaffers system properly, then he should change the players or change the system until such times as the starting 11 can implement his system again

He did it after livi away earlier this season, we tweaked our setup and absolutely blew teams away, and they got rightly praised for changing it

‘We are almost in the same position as last season and the season before’ 

have you seen the league table for fuck sake 😂

7 minutes ago, Laudrup1690 said:

‘We are almost in the same position as last season and the season before’ 

have you seen the league table for fuck sake 😂

Yeah, the tarriers have been way worse than us, doesnt change the fact that at this stage of january last season we had dropped 1 point more in the league, and that was due to a tarrier home loss, this season for how great its been, we've actually dropped more points to diddies than we had done by this date last season, and the same issues with struggling to break down teams is happening at exactly the same point as last season

We'll still win the league, we still have the better players, but its not wrong to say the same struggles that we witnessed last season are happening again at this stage this season, and again its due to important players being injured or off form

I

7 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Yeah, the tarriers have been way worse than us, doesnt change the fact that at this stage of january last season we had dropped 1 point more in the league, and that was due to a tarrier home loss, this season for how great its been, we've actually dropped more points to diddies than we had done by this date last season, and the same issues with struggling to break down teams is happening at exactly the same point as last season

We'll still win the league, we still have the better players, but its not wrong to say the same struggles that we witnessed last season are happening again at this stage this season, and again its due to important players being injured or off form

We have the safety net with the tarriers completely imploding.

But we are going through a less fluid spell.

There will always be sticky patches and this is ours.   The game at the weekend presents a real opportunity to put in a solid performance and get some form back.

Key players due to return so with Arfield, Roofe and Jack back in the mix we will kick on.

Archived