21 Wins, 3 Draws

J-Maestro

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Think the overriding concern is that we haven't played well for too long now, complacency can't be allowed to set in. 

Yeah the way we have started games isn't great. We badly need either Jack or Arfield back in as soon as possible because what we have is struggling at the minute. 

Hopefully they got a boot up the arse today and we have a reaction. 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Show me one post where I've said we should win all 38 games.

Thanks in advance. 

You didn't. So which ones was it ok to drop them in and keep you happy? That's been my point all along and you know it but continue deflecting.

2 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

You didn't. So which ones was it ok to drop them in and keep you happy? That's been my point all along and you know it but continue deflecting.

I've already said I'd have preferred to have drew against the tarriers on the 2nd if it meant we had been in the semis of the LC. 

Not one person on here has ever demanded we win all 38 games of a league campaign, so glad we've cleared that up. 

We're missing a bit of dig in the middle due to Jack and Arfield out.

Also missing the creativity of Roofe, especially in games like that. 

That said, we've dropped points before this season, matched on. We've even been beat, and marched on. 

Ross County will be a 2 or 3 nil.  Yes, i seen their scoreline against the sheep, but we're not the sheep. 

Would like to have 2 of those 3 players back for Hibs, but whatever.

Sometimes a game and result like today can bring a dose of reality to a team. 

Not concerned.

12 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Them dropping points makes it as you were with one game less so I think that's why. 

We really need to win at the weekend though and be at it for the whole game. 

I also think that’s been coming for a while tbh. We’ve done well to get full points from every game since probably the Dundee Utd game, but it’s one less game to play while keeping the lead as it was.

Vital that we bounce back next weekend though and I think we will. On paper Ross County at home is just about as much of a banker as you can get and John Hughes isn’t usually the sort of manager who will sit with everybody behind the ball either.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I've already said I'd have preferred to have drew against the tarriers on the 2nd if it meant we had been in the semis of the LC. 

Not one person on here has ever demanded we win all 38 games of a league campaign, so glad we've cleared that up. 

Either way we are both unhappy with a pish performance. Hopefully back on track against County.

5 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

There’s maybe a bit of burnout been happening and we’ve had a few injuries that have prevented much rotation 

Missed Jack and Airfield much more than I expected, seems Aribo went off the boil at the wrong time to coincide with their injury’s 

Edit- that’s not even correct think Aribo was himself just back from injury put in one or two decent performance then dipped 

Gerrard after the Aberdeen game said something along the lines of he wasn’t happy with the way we overplayed it. The management team know we’re not playing great and will be working away to sort any faults we have. Our performances will improve again as the management team work on it in training.

2 minutes ago, simplythebest said:

There’s maybe a bit of burnout been happening and we’ve had a few injuries that have prevented much rotation 

See thats garbage imo, the reason he doesn't rotate is purely down to him and him only 

Itten off the bench again, put him up top and put morelos in Kents position like he played only 3 months ago with roofe, drop aribo or kamara and play zungu, a near 4mill centre half from serie A sits on the bench while goldson suffers from burnout

Defoe up top, morelos and itten either side of him if he even wants to try hagi in the midfield 3 and drop both aribo and kamara

Theres plenty options to switch it up, gerrard just doesn't use them

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

I also think that’s been coming for a while tbh. We’ve done well to get full points from every game since probably the Dundee Utd game, but it’s one less game to play while keeping the lead as it was.

Vital that we bounce back next weekend though and I think we will. On paper Ross County at home is just about as much of a banker as you can get and John Hughes isn’t usually the sort of manager who will sit with everybody behind the ball either.

Hughes might not be that manager against shite, but when he sees that sitting in deep causes us problems he'll likely adopt it, and his players will likely adopt it even sub consciously 

Make no mistake the county game could be brutal unless we get our act together, 

We were always due to drop points and fwiw I still don’t think we’ll go the full season unbeaten. We’ve actually done really well to come through this period with some big injuries - Arfield, Jack and Roofe are all in the 11 never mind the squad. 

Another point to remember is that your man Graham Alexander is actually a decent manager, they’ve done well to get him. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re back pushing to finish third next season under him. 

Just now, Jimbeamjunior said:

Hughes might not be that manager against shite, but when he sees that sitting in deep causes us problems he'll likely adopt it, and his players will likely adopt it even sub consciously 

Make no mistake the county game could be brutal unless we get our act together, 

It's the early high press that has been throwing us. If they sit back and try soak up pressure whole game we will win.

1 minute ago, Brackley Bluenose said:

We were always due to drop points and fwiw I still don’t think we’ll go the full season unbeaten. We’ve actually done really well to come through this period with some big injuries - Arfield, Jack and Roofe are all in the 11 never mind the squad. 

Another point to remember is that your man Graham Alexander is actually a decent manager, they’ve done well to get him. Wouldn’t surprise me if they’re back pushing to finish third next season under him. 

He's been sacked from every job he's had has he not? 

6 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

He's been sacked from every job he's had has he not? 

Job 1 - Got Fleetwood promoted. Job 2-  Took Scunthorpe to play-offs. Job 3 - Got Salford promoted and to a Wembley final and was then sacked when they were unbeaten and fifth in the league this season. More than qualified to manage Motherwell 

Just need to keep going one game at a time.

We've largely been great this year with a few poor performances slipping in over the past month or so which I put down to a lack of options in midfield with Jack and Arfield missing. We just need to get back to doing the basics well, stop over playing it and the goals will come.

1 game at a time. Take the point, move onto the next game, get back to winning and put that draw behind us.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Actually think it is reasonably calm considering what this place is normally like when we drop points.

Well apart from a thread about Kent today being the worst performance ever by any Rangers player 😂

At least there's been no calls for managers to be sacked, whole squad to be sold, and universally called out as being bottlers. Early days yet I suppose 😂

It has been particularly calm .Popped into the match thread at half time to see the carnage .Was really surprised .Maybe like me most were still pished from last night and it hadn’t sunk in we were losing .

Proves what I’ve thought for a while ,The pressure of winning the league is really getting to folk .There’s a decent cushion just now so we can expect a bit more realism from fans .We never like losing ,and of course we shouldn’t .But some of the reactions lately have been ridiculous .Today was more normal and back to the good old days when we hated losing but could handle it a bit better .

Archived