21 Wins, 3 Draws

J-Maestro

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So this far into a successful looking season you're actually suggesting he change the system which has served us well? Seriously? Its 3 league draws al season, its not a wonky or failing system man.

And on the whole the bench isn't full of better players than we're starting with. At home Defoe maybe. Itten and Helander could maybe come in but they'll not really add that dynamism we're lacking.

We need 3 starters in Roofe, Jack and Arfield back because when those who are meant to add the bit of quality are off form - Kent, Hagi, Aribo - then we've no one to drop them for.  We're still a work in progress and our strength in depth is still lacking.

We need those flair players to find form and injured players to come back in far more than we need to change the system or look to the back ups as the solution.

And we'll not be doing huge amounts of  business this window so that's not an answer either.

Like you said, guys like kent hagi and aribo are off form, but yet we continue with them because the others seemingly dont fit into the current system 

The system that served us well had arfield and roofe flying in it, they arent playing, so if the players aren't there for the system, why continue it

Im not saying change the system point blank, however we have been pretty poor recently, coinciding with certain injuries and players losing form

Now again i agree that our bench isnt the best, so surely we could tweak something given what we have the now isnt fully firing

As I said, stick with the 433 if he wants, but its pointless having your fullbacks throw in 41 crosses to a box that contains morelos and maybe one of hagi or Kent, the motherwell boys absolutely lapped that shit up today, funnily enough the one time they didnt is when a big tall striker came on for us and we actually had a few in the box for the crosses, same when defoe came on, all of a sudden crosses were either finding a man or the second balls were falling to pir strikers 

7 hours ago, Bluekev said:

I think when Jack and Arfield are back.playing it will make a big difference.

Jacks not really played this season, arfield and roofe i agree, however its worrying that this big squad we have, and when 2 players are out, our system looks weak and lacks firepower 

Home to county if it was me id have a midfield 3 of davis, kamara and zungu

Front 3 of itten up top, morelos and hagi supporting as number tens, and if need be aribo on for hagi or morelos in second half, 

To put it into perspective how good our September-January run has been, if we wanted to go on a similar run from now, we'd literally have to win every single game until the end of the season, and we'd still be one game short.

Massive credit should go to the players and management for how we've performed so far.

8 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Says a lot about Zungu that he didn’t get on today.

Pretty sure it’s a 2.7 million fee required too

Zungu has failed to impress since he arrived and there is no way we should even think about making his move permanent and certainly not at £2.7 million.

4 minutes ago, JCDBigBear said:

Zungu has failed to impress since he arrived and there is no way we should even think about making his move permanent and certainly not at £2.7 million.

Odd that we chased him so heavily as well, it felt like it rumbled on for so long. We seemed desperate to sign him

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Like you said, guys like kent hagi and aribo are off form, but yet we continue with them because the others seemingly dont fit into the current system 

The system that served us well had arfield and roofe flying in it, they arent playing, so if the players aren't there for the system, why continue it

Im not saying change the system point blank, however we have been pretty poor recently, coinciding with certain injuries and players losing form

Now again i agree that our bench isnt the best, so surely we could tweak something given what we have the now isnt fully firing

As I said, stick with the 433 if he wants, but its pointless having your fullbacks throw in 41 crosses to a box that contains morelos and maybe one of hagi or Kent, the motherwell boys absolutely lapped that shit up today, funnily enough the one time they didnt is when a big tall striker came on for us and we actually had a few in the box for the crosses, same when defoe came on, all of a sudden crosses were either finding a man or the second balls were falling to pir strikers 

Hagi off form :lol: 

Ross County H

Hibs A

St. Johnstone H

Hamilton A

Kilmarnock H

Livingston A

St. Mirren H

Scum A

Those are our next 8 league games. Getting out of January with our 12point lead is crucial and will see us into the final straight with a set of "easier" fixtures. 

Calm heads required we are in a wonderful position 

1 minute ago, KingKirk said:

Ross County H

Hibs A

St. Johnstone H

Hamilton A

Kilmarnock H

Livingston A

St. Mirren H

Scum A

Those are our next 8 league games. Getting out of January with our 12point lead is crucial and will see us into the final straight with a set of "easier" fixtures. 

Can see us dropping points away at Hibs and Livingston again tbh. Kilmarnock will also make it tough at home but the other four should be routine wins.

10 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Ross County H

Hibs A

St. Johnstone H

Hamilton A

Kilmarnock H

Livingston A

St. Mirren H

Scum A

I want us to be given a kick up the arse and resume our winning form!

10 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Can see us dropping points away at Hibs and Livingston again tbh. Kilmarnock will also make it tough at home but the other four should be routine wins.

Hibs will be tough and that's why am annoyed about today should we drop points the narrative of Rangers stuttering then comes into play in the media  will go into overdrive. 

I see Hibs as the last real hope the scum have and imo if we get the points our next tough away game is end of February. 

I hear you about killie but we should really be dealing with them at home. 

Cool heads 11 wins required to secure the title I don't expect us to sprint over the line but we'll get over it. 

21 minutes ago, badjon said:

I want us to be given a kick up the arse and resume our winning form!

Our first dropped points since September. The last time we dropped points we went on a 15 game winning running in the league. 

No need to panic 

7 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

41 crosses didn't get flung into a box that contained Morelos plus one. If you think that's what happened then I'm not surprised you want to change.  I've never seen worse quality in crossing from both Tav and Borna in one game where the ball repeatedly got blocked by a front man or cleared the goalmouth altogether. We had players in and around the box, we scored from one where the quality ball was actually there.

Getting players on form and getting more quality absolutely. Giving some more time to players like Itten when they do well I fully agree. Getting injured players back is a must.

But changing what has been drilled ibto these players constantly off the back off only our 3 draw all season? Why on earth would we bring in the risks that incurs at this stage. 

Baffling and knee jerk stuff.

5 hours ago, DBBTB said:

Celtic dropping on Wednesday night would be ideal to give still our 12 point cushion if we did drop in either of those games. I would be very disappointed if we dropped in both of those though as I said on another tread the worry for me about yesterday’s dropped points was we dropped points before Easter road. 

Archived