21 Wins, 3 Draws

J-Maestro

By nature we complain. We have and should have high standards and the league is not won yet. We’ve been poor in a few games this season and won, which is championship winning form but the last few performances have not been good at all. It is difficult to be magnificent across a whole season. Lots of our championship winning sides have won ugly. It happens but I don’t think it is unreasonable for us to be concerned that if we draw a few games or start dropping more points we make things uncomfortable for ourselves.

For me, jack and airfield have been big misses of late. Roofe missing hasn’t helped. Aribo and Kent have been off form for a while now. Hopefully with some people returning things will improve. The key thing is maintaining the mentality and intensity as a group. Nothing is won yet. It is close but we cannot let up. 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Getting the feeling that it's just excuse making tbh. 

Everybody's delighted with the way things are progressing in the league which is the #1 aim this season of all seasons, but still doesn't get away from the fact that our record in the cups is utterly embarrassing. 

Reckon we should play in the Portuguese Cup,Win that a canter 😂

12 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Getting the feeling that it's just excuse making tbh. 

Everybody's delighted with the way things are progressing in the league which is the #1 aim this season of all seasons, but still doesn't get away from the fact that our record in the cups is utterly embarrassing. 

The cups have been awful, there's no argument from me. But I've not really expected us to win any until this season you've expected us to win them all since Gerrard came in. I've said all along its the league that matters with cups as bonus. Gerrard was always getting this season from me, you wanted him sacked as he didnt win it both of his 1st 2 seasons in a 4 year contract.

Its always been about rate of progression. This year it'll come good which I'm sure we'll all be delighted by, even those who said he was a failure, bottler and deserved the bullet when their expectations weren't really realistic.

29 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

That cup game we lost to a team that had James Wilson and he was replaced by Stevie May.

Does help when we shat the bed against the likes in Aberdeen and Hearts

I'm not defending our cup performances. They're abysmal. But I also didn't have them all as cups I expected us to win. Nor did I place them any where near as important as the league.

If Gerrard won cups but failed in the league this year his time would be up for me. 

16 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Aribo isn't suitable as one of the front 3. Hes playing poorly in midfield, my point was he's not a sitting midfielder.

Agreed re Kent.

I'm not adverse to others like Itten getting a chance. Defoe too in certain games. But Bassey and Zungu really disappointed in the cup. Others like Barker offer even less.

Its tough when full backs so crucial to our system and the flair players dip in form at the same time as 3 kep players being out. We can't cope easily with 3 out and even more than that deserving to be dropped. So yeah bring itten in on Saturday, but no way should we change systems.

As i said when someone asked me, id start itten up top, morelos and hagi off him at the others of the front 3, and id play Zungu instead of aribo, the cup game is harsh on both bassey and zungu as they all didnt play well, bassey was sold short by kent for their penalty, zungu struggled as the whole team was all over the place, 

Same system but putting players in that maybe feel more comfortable in their roles

11 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'm not defending our cup performances. They're abysmal. But I also didn't have them all as cups I expected us to win. Nor did I place them any where near as important as the league.

If Gerrard won cups but failed in the league this year his time would be up for me. 

Both you and forever and ever's arguments are correct unbelievably

24 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

But I've not really expected us to win any until this season you've expected us to win them all since Gerrard came in. I've said all along its the league that matters with cups as bonus. Gerrard was always getting this season from me, you wanted him sacked as he didnt win it both of his 1st 2 seasons in a 4 year contract.

Its always been about rate of progression. This year it'll come good which I'm sure we'll all be delighted by, even those who said he was a failure, bottler and deserved the bullet when their expectations weren't really realistic.

Prove I expected us to win every trophy available since Gerrard came in. 

I wanted him sacked because COVID-19 saved his job, that very well may be a hard pill for people to swallow considering the position we're in atm, but let's not kid on how bad we were before last season got cancelled. Obviously I'm delighted with the vast improvement since and more than happy to have been proved wrong so far. 

How is it not realistic to expect a domestic cup trophy win out of five attempts thus far? If that's being outwith the realms of possibility your own standards and ambition for this club have obviously plummeted. 

Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Prove I've wanted us to win every trophy available since Gerrard came in. 

I wanted him sacked because COVID-19 saved his job, that very well may be a hard pill for people to swallow considering the position we're in atm, but let's not kid on how bad we were before last season got cancelled. Obviously I'm delighted with the vast improvement since and more than happy to have been proved wrong so far. 

How is it not realistic to expect a domestic cup trophy win out of five attempts thus far? If that's being outwith the realms of possibility your own standards and ambition for this club have obviously plummeted. 

Are you saying you didn't want us to win every competition available since Gerrard came in?

Pretty controversial tbh.

1 hour ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

We should always be expecting to win trophies, anything else is taking the piss. 

6 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Prove I expected us to win every trophy available since Gerrard came in. 

You have literally said we should always be expecting to win.

Your words are the proof you expected us to win unless always means not always.

1 minute ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

You have literally said we should always be expecting to win.

Your words are the proof you expected us to win unless always means not always.

Yes, expecting and wanting are two different things, I'd love us to win the treble every single season but that's not going to happen is it? 

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Yes, expecting and wanting are two different things, I'd love us to win the treble every single season but that's not going to happen is it? 

We're not discussing wanting, you amended that.

You said we should always expect to win. Then asked me to prove you expected us to win every trophy.

Do you always expect us to win as you say we should? Or do you not despite saying we should?

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

We're not discussing wanting, you amended that.

You said we should always expect to win. Then asked me to prove you expected us to win every trophy.

Do you always expect us to win as you say we should? Or do you not despite saying we should?

I said we should always be expecting to win trophies in response to your post saying anybody wanting a trophy in his first season "were at it". 

Do you not understand what context means? 

1 minute ago, GersInCanada said:

For me the Scottish Cup falls into the 'would be nice' but unimportant category.

Winning the league is number 1 and continued progress in the EL number 2.

Would take a domestic double if it meant we exited the last 32 of the EL right now. 

8 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

I said we should always be expecting to win trophies in response to your post saying anybody wanting a trophy in his first season "were at it". 

Do you not understand what context means? 

I understand fine.

I said folk were at it if expecting (not hoping or wanting) us to win trophies in Gerrards 1st season. I explained my thoughts on why. You came across all uber saying we should ALWAYS be expecting to win trophies. 

Now you appear confused and don't seem to always expect to win all trophies. 

You're saying lots of words without clarity. That has nothing to do with context.

Gerrards 1st season you've responded to my thoughts, gave a reply you likely thought sounded good, but challenged me to prove your own argument.

Gerrards 1st season- what did you expect us to win?

4 minutes ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Don't know how people can just write off not winning cups.

People say that until we get dumped out of them and then it suddenly matters. Same thing happens in Europe too. I’ve lost count of how many times people have said they don’t care, or don’t see Europe, as a priority and yet when we don’t win they end up being some of the most vocal people about it.

3 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I understand fine.

I said folk were at it if expecting (not hoping or wanting) us to win trophies in Gerrards 1st season. I explained my thoughts on why. You came across all uber saying we should ALWAYS be expecting to win trophies. 

Now you appear confused and don't seem to always expect to win all trophies. 

You're saying lots of words without clarity. That has nothing to do with context.

Gerrards 1st season you've responded to my thoughts, gave a reply you likely thought sounded good, but challenged me to prove your own argument.

Gerrards 1st season- what did you expect us to win?

I've never said we should be expecting to win all trophies. 

First season for any Rangers manager he has to win something, always been the case and always will yet here we are almost 3 years down down the line with nothing to show for it yet, though that will hopefully change in the coming months. 

Don't win things you're not here for long, just the way it is. 

4 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Mostly agree but all the money is in Europe. Needs to be a balancing act between doing well enough in Europe whilst winning everything domestically.

Why cant it be both, everyone knows the most money made in europe is the group stages, all domestic cups finish after the group stages have been entered, nothing stopping both happening 

Archived