*****Official Rangers v Ross County Match Thread*****

4 minutes ago, glasgow argyle said:

I would never play both Aribo and Hagi in the starting eleven,  one or other for me, I agree that Kent needs a turn on the bench,  he needs a wake up call, if Roofe is fit? My front 3 would be Itten, Morelos & Roofe. 

Aye a would certainly play Roofe if he is fit. Would also play either Arfield in place of Aribo if he is fit but doubt it.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ma Mrs has just been tealt shes got a new job, Ive been skint for months i've just burst into tears,  Im a big greeting mess the day Troops Onwards and upwards WATP!  

That is some goal from Aribo.  Goal here for anyone who hasn't seen it already... or for those who just want to see it again  Aribo beauty.mp4

Poofter eh

Posted Images

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

Helander is a better defender. 

Helander is better in the air and maybe his defensive instincts are slightly better too. He's also naturally left footed, which is definitely beneficial for a left centre half.

But, Balagon is way quicker and I can't remember him making any costly mistakes (unlike Helander).

Two good players, but for playing at Ibrox, against a team that will try and hit us at pace on the break, I'd go for Balagon.

Amokachi and M-89 like this

Can't wait already to be on saturday.

Is it only live on Rangers TV or as always on SkySports ?

McGregor

Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic 

Arfield (if fit), Davis, Hagi

Roofe (if fit), Itten, Kent or Barker

40 minutes ago, five stars said:

Helander is better in the air and maybe his defensive instincts are slightly better too. He's also naturally left footed, which is definitely beneficial for a left centre half.

But, Balagon is way quicker and I can't remember him making any costly mistakes (unlike Helander).

Two good players, but for playing at Ibrox, against a team that will try and hit us at pace on the break, I'd go for Balagon.

Helander’s status has just not been the same since his Benfica shocker. As folks here have said, if he had pace he wouldn’t be at Rangers.

27 minutes ago, IRed said:

Can't wait already to be on saturday.

Is it only live on Rangers TV or as always on SkySports ?

McGregor

Tavernier, Goldson, Helander, Barisic 

Arfield (if fit), Davis, Hagi

Roofe (if fit), Itten, Kent or Barker

3pm Saturday, so will just be RTV.

Time to get back on that horse .

The way SG was talking about it , it sounds as if only Ryan Jack will be back and even then probably on the bench . 

No matter,  we should have enough in our locker to overcome Ross County . Going for a 2 or 3 goal victory . 

4 hours ago, Madina said:

Normally at home to Ross County I'd be confident we'd hump them. Think a combination of poor displays from us recently and the fact they humiliated the sheep at the weekend and have that bead rattler Hughes in charge has me a bit worried. I'd take 1-0 right now 

Give over man 

Itching for this game after Sunday. Brutal having to wait a week to try get it out the system.

On paper a few weeks ago you were thinking this was a dead cert, but I reckon it will be tough after they pumped the sheep. We absolutely need to start well and not put anything to chance.

Any of Roofe, Arfield or Jack back would be great as they've been the missing links either side (back to front) of our midfield, although doubt theyd start - aside maybe Jack who'll have the best part of 2 weeks training under his belt. Alfie's been much better pulling defenders out wide, creating space for Roofe and unfortunately Aribo just isn't the type of player to be covering the space Tav leaves behind (or going forward compared to pre season and the start of the season..)

However, I think same team as started v Motherwell, with earlier changes required if it starts to smell like Sunday.

2-0

I'm finding it really hard to shake the nerves, anyone else the same? We are obviously in a great position but I just can't help but worry, PTSD from previous seasons no doubt.

I am pleased we've got a few decent home games coming up after 3 home games in the last 11 (two of which against them and Hibs). 

JCDBigBear and Valance1690 like this
9 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

I'm finding it really hard to shake the nerves, anyone else the same? We are obviously in a great position but I just can't help but worry, PTSD from previous seasons no doubt.

I am pleased we've got a few decent home games coming up after 3 home games in the last 11 (two of which against them and Hibs). 

Same mate, its at the back of my mind all day every day. I won't be comfortable until its completely wrapped up.

Leeds_Bear and JCDBigBear like this
2 minutes ago, ShanksRFC said:

Same mate, its at the back of my mind all day every day. I won't be comfortable until its completely wrapped up.

Every pundit is talking about it being 'over' - I just don't see it. Still looking at our advantage as 12 points until they've played their games in hand. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Every pundit is talking about it being 'over' - I just don't see it. Still looking at our advantage as 12 points until they've played their games in hand. 

I’m the same. I’ve been called too negative because I won’t agree that it’s over 😂. For me we are only 2 dodgy results away from things looking a lot less comfortable. Dropping points to the bottom team shows that there’s still a lot of work to be done.

Leeds_Bear and JCDBigBear like this
1 minute ago, kirkiebear said:

I’m the same. I’ve been called too negative because I won’t agree that it’s over 😂. For me we are only 2 dodgy results away from things looking a lot less comfortable. Dropping points to the bottom team shows that there’s still a lot of work to be done.

Totally, I am confident there is a different mentality in the players this season and they just need to focus on one game at a time. I won't relax until it's ARITHMETICALLY over. 

kirkiebear and JCDBigBear like this

For me Roofe is the only one that fills that RF role effectively and we have seen that more often than not the likes of Aribo and Hagi are pretty much ineffective when played out there.

Is there no a youth player that deserves an opportunity, surely cant be any worse.

Nathan young-coombes possibly?

Well last time we drew vs Hibs we went on something like 15 wins on the trot? So maybe dropping points at the weekend there was just the wee spark the team needs to let them no that the league isnt as over as some believe. 

Footballs a funny beast and this can still be lost and christ if we lost it in this type of position i think most of us would need a allias and a new life in another country 😅