*****Official Rangers v Ross County Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

37 minutes ago, BigBearButt said:

i dont know why but I still cant relax.

Is the league over? Most likely but lets be honest we haven't been playing well at all recently and last season still gives me nightmares. We have the benefit of celtic just being absolutely hopeless but I just hope we start displaying the confidence we had early season so I can actually start enjoying games again.

Totally, mate. We’re obviously serious odds on favourites to win the league from here.

But I’ve still to be convinced that a number of our players have the absolute will to win, drive and composure to see it over the line in the style that we now should. 

Kent, Aribo, Kamara and even Tav have yet to show that they can be ruthless and need to turn their form-of-late around to see us kick on. Hope they do.

With a week to prepare for this game though, it would be really worrying if they started the same way as the Motherwell game. Massive, concerning questions would still hang over them re their mentality.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

I wasn't settled on 12 points ahead due to our form and I knew we were due to drop points.

Now we are at worst 14 points ahead and better GD - I'm very relaxed now. It's coming home.

My only issue after tonight is we should be 16 clear once all things are equal if we turned up in first half v well 😂

2 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

Totally, mate. We’re obviously serious odds on favourites to win the league from here.

But I’ve still to be convinced that a number of our players have the absolute will to win, drive and composure to see it over the line in the style that we now should. 

Kent, Aribo, Kamara and even Tav have yet to show that they can be ruthless and need to turn their form-of-late around to see us kick on. Hope they do.

With a week to prepare for this game though, it would be really worrying if they started the same way as the Motherwell game. Massive, concerning questions would still hang over them re their mentality.

This Rangers team regardless of current performance will beat Ross County. Next Wednesday at Easter Road I want a statement win tho clean sheet and 2/3 goals 

10 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

Gerrard highlighted this in his post match interview at Motherwell, also raised the worrying drop off in the game against the Sheep when we were in total control. So, obviously, the management team are well aware of these issues and I think we can take it as read that they will have been working with the squad on this, we can only hope that the players take the message on board and act on it.

We must take advantage of the Timplosion and go all out to win the next two games to make it absolutely clear to THEM that there is going to be no (what would now be a mind bending) collapse on our part, and hopefully lead to THEM continuing to shed points like a mangy cat.

Think Itten will get a start.

Would like a good performance, some players who have struggled the last month or so like Aribo/Kent to show they've still got the fight & a comfortable 3/4-0 victory

Would take a 1-0 deflected goal in the 95th minute if it meant getting 3 points. It's just about winning games any way you can at this point in the season. 

11 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

Kamara has been really good this season, and Tav has been an absolute man possessed. 

We need to make a statement. They are trying to change the narrative that they have been cheated out the league by referees and corrupt authorities. 

The reality is that we have been unbeaten and have the best form in world football currently on a fraction of their budget. We have been poor in the last few matches but we need to come flying out the traps. Put a strong win down to remind everyone why we are top of the table. We need to show why we deserve this league.

On 20/01/2021 at 09:52, Boybluesy said:

Balogun didn't cover himself in glory at the goal but Kamara stood about like a spare prick at a wedding.

I'm 100% in the Kamara to blame camp, if Kamara matches the run then he simply cuts out the supply from Watt and the goal is Avoided....football really is that simple, people over analysing Baloguns part in it, the ball was played in low with pace...a lot harder to defend against as making a simple 5yard run 

12 hours ago, BearInTheToon said:

6 points from our next 2 games and I will start to relax. 

30 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

I'm 100% in the Kamara to blame camp, if Kamara matches the run then he simply cuts out the supply from Watt and the goal is Avoided....football really is that simple, people over analysing Baloguns part in it, the ball was played in low with pace...a lot harder to defend against as making a simple 5yard run 

Goldson and Tav both got attracted to the ball which was a shambles. One of them should of went to the ball, other one track the man.

1 hour ago, badjon said:

Just get this won. Hammer home the difference and make SSB even more full of mouth throthing Tim's on Saturday/ Monday.

@Jasper Blues unless you are 16 or younger there is a large chunk of our support who have have lived through the sad times. Have a word with yourself.

Good guess at my age BJ (do these initials stand for anything else?), you're only 56 years out!

Don't know what you mean by "have a word with yourself"

Not suggesting that there are not others in our support who have had sad times so don't know where you are coming from.

FYI my biggest sad time by far refers to 2nd Jan 1971.

Not winning titles, whilst very very important, pales compared to that day.

Hope this is okay by you. Perhaps I should have asked you first.

Archived