*****Official Rangers v Ross County Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

13 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Goldson and Tav both got attracted to the ball which was a shambles. One of them should of went to the ball, other one track the man.

I know we can't be too critical of the defence this season but 4 of the goals we have conceded have been very similar 2 against Motherwell & 2 against liege 

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Kamara has been really good this season, and Tav has been an absolute man possessed. 

I’d totally agree with you, but only up until about 4-5 weeks ago. Since then, Tav’s form has dipped, though granted it was going to be tough to maintain his previous levels. Slightly more concerning though, it looks like he’s had his annual post-January drop in confidence, which is definitely impacting his contribution in games.

Similarly, Kamara has been excellent in lots of games, like you say, but we need more from him by way of creation. On Saturday against Motherwell, it was only Davis who was actively trying to create and drive the team on with probing, longer and quicker passes. Kamara can be great in some games but too often 5-6 yard passes offer us nothing other than ball retention.

Disgusted in myself for posting more in the Scum thread than I have in BD. For obvious reasons though. However, need to start focusing on us more again, rather than their downfall. As ever, it's all about us, and how we go about things.

I don't care how we get them, but these 3 points are the most important 3 points since the last ones. While it wouldn't be a disaster drawing (another round of games ticked off the list), they still technically have 3 games in hand until Wednesday. Going 23 ahead would be fuckin marvellous :lol:  

CMAAAAAN RANGERS!!!!!! DO THIS!!!

:UK: :UK: :UK: 

Not just the 3 points, the team need to put in a decent display to get out of this rut they've  been in for several weeks now. Me personally I want to finish the league the way we started it, playing excellent football, not stumbling over the finishing line.

12 hours ago, Lord Lockin said:

Not just the 3 points, the team need to put in a decent display to get out of this rut they've  been in for several weeks now. Me personally I want to finish the league the way we started it, playing excellent football, not stumbling over the finishing line.

If being AT LEAST 14 points clear at this stage of the season is a "rut" I'll gladly take it for years to come. After some of the Daly/Senderos years then count me in the "delighted" category of Rangers Fans if we keep "stumbling" over the finishing line. 

Of course we all want to win with style and by several goals in every game but that won't happen. 

We need to take the free-flowing with the hard-fought and accept that's how leagues are won. 

Maybe it's a matter of perspective.  The name of the game is points. 

I would start Ryan Jack instead of Davis

I really think Aribo needs dropped but then we would have possible 3 holding midfielders in Davis, Kamara and Jack which isn't ideal.

Unless Hagi dropped into midfield and we put Kent, Morelos and Itten up front

Itten deserves a start regardless.

48 minutes ago, Raligt said:

I really think Aribo needs dropped but then we would have possible 3 holding midfielders in Davis, Kamara and Jack which isn't ideal.

Jack coming back into the side will change nothing , Arfield is whats been missing in that midfield....

15 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Jack coming back into the side will change nothing , Arfield is whats been missing in that midfield....

Other than the fact in the 13 league games he's played we've not conceded a goal.

Hes pivotal and is pretty much Gerrards main midfielder 

1 hour ago, Raligt said:

It could work with Kamara given licence to roam and push forward more. We have seen glimpses of it. I believe he plays more on the front foot at national level but I don't watch those games just going on what others have said.

It’s no surprise that our poorer performances have coincided with missing Jack, Arfield and Roofe. Jack is so important to how we play, the cover he affords the back four allows Barisic and Tav to get forward. We are less effective with him out the side. 

Archived