*****Official Rangers v Ross County Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bluenoz said:

The chances of scoring penalties is pretty good no matter who you are so he probably does score the next one but you say he played it safe and I say he lacked confidence in taking it today. It has to be questioned when you miss two in a row and I'm sure it will be discussed in the dressing room.

and btw, as much as I love Morelos, I wouldn't give him penalties.

Borna on pens for me 

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

The opinions mate will split the fans and I get that.

Prefer a bigger runny up myself. 

For me I ask myself the question would I be extremely confident if we got a pen against Antwerp tav would score and answer is i wouldn’t be so for me time for a little change for pen taker.

2 minutes ago, RockwellGers said:

Can I just say again how fantastic Rangers were today and how much I loved seeing us pick up the pace again. Absolutely wonderful in these grim times. WATP

During the tougher days I just keep thinking of the 55 party 👍

1 hour ago, Laudrup1690 said:

Borna on pens for me 

Borna's a good shout for me. Hits the ball cleanly and never seems to look under pressure / nervous during our games, even when being pressed by multiple players etc he always looks like he has loads of time to pick his pass or shift it and win a FK to get himself out of trouble.

That kind of mentality is required IMO. 

• 2 weeks later...

Rangers play 'proper football'

What Hughes hasn't forgotten is the art of management. In his time out he would go up to Ainslie Park, home of Lowland League side Spartans, to watch and run some sessions, and while doing media work he would always make notes on players he might one day like to sign.

County's recent 5-0 defeat at Premiership leaders Rangers left its mark on Hughes, who turned down other opportunities to get back in before accepting the job in Dingwall, where he feels he will get a fair crack to leave his mark.

"Rangers were too good for us - rightly so. They're a better team, better individual players, bigger budget - that's what you're up against," he says. "But as a coach you still sit back and appreciate the style of football they played - that's proper football.

"I got a wee chance to speak to Steven Gerrard after it, and I said that: 'Your team plays proper football.'

"He says: 'Thanks very much, it was three years in the making.' That's it. Every manager needs time."'

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/55902978

Archived