*****Official Rangers v Ross County Match Thread*****

BridgeIsBlue

Just now, RfcSevco said:

We create nothing bar the chances we create?

Theres zero drive or tempo in that midfield and its been like that for weeks , ever since Arfield has been out. Point I was making is Jack is not going to change that , Arfield will....

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, sassaaaa said:

Theres zero drive or tempo in that midfield and its been like that for weeks , ever since Arfield has been out. Point I was making is Jack is not going to change that , Arfield will....

Including when we made 16 chances at Pittodrie without arfield?

The defence cover has been nowhere near as good without Jack and we've missed him.

We are a better side with both those players in the team. Gerrard loves Jack and will play him.when he's fully fit every game 

1 minute ago, RfcSevco said:

The defence cover has been nowhere near as good without Jack and we've missed him.

We are a better side with both those players in the team. Gerrard loves Jack and will play him.when he's fully fit every game 

Wind yer neck in , that defence has lost 7 goals all season and most of the time Jack has no been playing. 

Jack has turned into some player since hes been out........

8 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Wind yer neck in , that defence has lost 7 goals all season and most of the time Jack has no been playing. 

Out of our 24 games so far in the league the 11 Jack hasn’t played in has had the 7 games where we conceded, think it’s something like that.

Jack does help shore up our defence. 

2 minutes ago, Howsitgoing said:

Out of our 24 games so far in the league the 11 Jack hasn’t played in has had the 7 games where we conceded, think it’s something like that.

Jack does help shore up our defence. 

Of course he does, breaks up opposition attacks and protect CBs, Arfield is the only AMF who regularly gets beyond front 3 and into the box. Both have been a big miss.

1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

In the 13 league games he played we never conceded. We've been a lot more exposed since he's been out.

Forgot you're an expert though......

49 minutes ago, They Gnu said:

Of course he does, breaks up opposition attacks and protect CBs, Arfield is the only AMF who regularly gets beyond front 3 and into the box. Both have been a big miss.

Spot on 

1 hour ago, Boybluesy said:

Watched the Motherwell highlights back.  Kent wasn't as bad as I thought watching real time. Was better than Aribo.

Thought Kent was terrible tbh but you are right he was better than Aribo but that’s no saying much. 

We’ve been class at bouncing back from dropping points this season if we can produce another wee run of wins again that would be magic. 

44 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I am just listening to the Heart and Hand preview, I typically enjoy the podcast and it is probably a bit wanky chibbing someone in this way but fuck me Cammy is a havering fucker 

Totally, he really is twittering fucker.  Love H&H and so much of their content and while I'm sure he's a nice guy, he's my least favourite one to listen to.  He just talks pish a lot, waffles for the sake of it and often tries to be funny, which rarely comes off.

Hope I'm wrong and we put on a real show but I'm not as confident as others for this one.  We've been getting the results but we're not anywhere near our best and RC will be organised and bang up for it.

Midfield's a conundrum.  I wouldn't be dropping Davis and while Jack being back is a big plus, it's only so if he replaces the likes of Kamara.  A midfield of Jack, Kamara and Davis is definitely not what we need at all for this but then Aribo's not at it and isn't meeting the expectations that we place on someone in that role.  Arfield missing is a huge loss.  

Added to that, Tav's been off-colour for 4-5 weeks and Kent had a shocker last week.  Hope they all click, as we need them to do so sooner rather than later.

They've done amazingly up until now, but it's time for the whole team to show some proper balls, take responsibility and show they have the mentality to push on and nail the mhanks to the floor.

4 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Hope I'm wrong and we put on a real show but I'm not as confident as others for this one.  We've been getting the results but we're not anywhere near our best and RC will be organised and bang up for it.

Midfield's a conundrum.  I wouldn't be dropping Davis and while Jack being back is a big plus, it's only so if he replaces the likes of Kamara.  A midfield of Jack, Kamara and Davis is definitely not what we need at all for this but then Aribo's not at it and isn't meeting the expectations that we place on someone in that role.  Arfield missing is a huge loss.  

Added to that, Tav's been off-colour for 4-5 weeks and Kent had a shocker last week.  Hope they all click, as we need them to do so sooner rather than later.

They've done amazingly up until now, but it's time for the whole team to show some proper balls, take responsibility and show they have the mentality to push on and nail the mhanks to the floor.

Bit harsh on Tav tbh.

He’s a right back, he’s not going to score goals or create them every week.

His numbers so far are crazy.

2 hours ago, RfcSevco said:

Having Jack allows more freedom for Tav.  It's a win-win, more defensive cover and more attacking from Tav.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Bit harsh on Tav tbh.

Tavs been good, still whipping crosses in to dangerous areas, problem is nobody is getting on the end of them.

1 minute ago, They Gnu said:

Tavs been good, still whipping crosses in to dangerous areas, problem is nobody is getting on the end of them.

Against Motherwell he headed a peach of a ball back across goal and not a player in site. Was a tap-in.

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Bit harsh on Tav tbh.

I get that mate, he was unreal up until Christmas. And while his numbers can’t be argued with, he’s definitely not playing with the same swagger, confidence or drive as he was. His end product has diminished a bit, too.

Could be though that having Aribo next to him for most of those games meant he felt less covered/confident in driving forward.

1 hour ago, BearInTheToon said:

I get that mate, he was unreal up until Christmas. And while his numbers can’t be argued with, he’s definitely not playing with the same swagger, confidence or drive as he was. His end product has diminished a bit, too.

Could be though that having Aribo next to him for most of those games meant he felt less covered/confident in driving forward.

I get what you’re saying about confidence, always think when he’s confident he’s more willing to take on and beat his man, that has been lacking for a few games. However he still contributes massively most games. He’s improved massively in his time with us.

Reluctant  to include Aribo , Hagi or Kamara due to their apathetic performances last time out so I've started Jack for an hour to make sure they all get the message.

Shagger

Tav Goldson Helander Barasic 

Jack Davis 

Kent

?  Itten Morelos 

Was gonna suggest Mebude for right forward but just found hes been punted out on loan .

Roofe is the only one that's made a success of that position for me.

Dropped Kent back to give him a bit more grass .

Archived