them

MisterC

I think they will end up appointing Alex Neill but I hope they appoint that Maresca tbh because it would look like a desperate attempt at replicating what we did when we appointed Gerrard.

We got away with it because Gerrard, despite being an U23 coach like Maresca, is a box office name and one of the best midfielders of his generation and that bought him time that a lesser name maybe wouldn’t have got. 

Does anybody think some middling journeyman midfielder who is probably getting linked with it because he is friends with Peter Lawwell’s son is going to get the hoards on board in the short or long term? :lol:

1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

I think they will end up appointing Alex Neill but I hope they appoint that Maresca tbh because it would look like a desperate attempt at replicating what we did when we appointed Gerrard.

We got away with it because Gerrard, despite being an U23 coach like Maresca, is a box office name and one of the best midfielders of his generation and that bought him time that a lesser name maybe wouldn’t have got. 

Does anybody think some middling journeyman midfielder who is probably getting linked with it because he is friends with Peter Lawwell’s son is going to get the hoards on board in the short or long term? :lol:

I always thought if they were going to copy us they would go after someone like John Terry. 

Still reckon it will be Clarke after the euros are done. 

29 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they wont meet any of those sides. It was changed a while back and neither of those countries have qualifiers.

Sides from Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Ukraine, Greece, Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Holland and Turkey.

And France, they could get PSG 😂

33 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but they wont meet any of those sides. It was changed a while back and neither of those countries have qualifiers.

Sides from Russia, Belgium, Portugal, Ukraine, Greece, Austria, Croatia, Czech Republic, Holland and Turkey.

Bastard never knew that. Still enough quality sites from those leagues to knock they fenian bastsrds out 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

That depends on who wins the Europa League. If its Man United for example then the French side goes into group stage. Complicated as fuck tbh.

Let’s hope not then, be a riot if they draw PSG in the qualifiers 😂

8 hours ago, RFCRobertson said:

See their wee green brigade fannies put a display of bobby sands outside the peadodome

B304F55C-0F03-4AD8-8EF0-B7637A42BE02.png

The Adidas logo is a nice touch considering Bobby's catchphrase was All Day I Dream About Sandwhiches

1 hour ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I always thought if they were going to copy us they would go after someone like John Terry. 

Still reckon it will be Clarke after the euros are done. 

Nah i think they'll not go near clarke now, they'll truya bold and out there move as they need season books sold

Any decent manager with half a brain will steer clear. 

They would want the descent to bottom out before riding to the rescue.  Who ever comes in needs to clear out a lot of shit and find some quality bargains which won't be easy. 

Or they spend big on a big name hoping he will attract players. 

8 hours ago, G.E.C. said:

Am I right thinking Albertz first name is actually pronounced “Yorg”?

Two schools; the “Yorg”ists and the “George”ites.

I’ve called him both in my time, although I have a feeling Yorg was correct.

3 hours ago, DBBTB said:

The majority of them want Howe, but I don’t think they will get him.

After their result tonight Southampton are now on a run of 9 without a win. I would think Hassenhuttl’s coat must be hanging on a shoggly peg and if he gets sacked in the next few weeks that’s where I think Eddie Howe will end up. 

Gives him the Premier League job he is apparently after and it allows him to stay on the South coast too.

I honestly think it'll be Kennedy if he wins, say, even 5 out of his next 7 games. 

I don't think the alky will even take the job. Far too much work to be done before their CL qualifiers.