them

MisterC

5 minutes ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

Aye but there’s a good chance a Dominic is more celtic minded than a Mark tbf

Oh aye he 100% is, there has also been a pretty close working relationship between celtic and the SRU since they used Murrayfield a few years back as well, shit pit was the go to for the Pro 14 final as well. 

McKay seems to have been pretty hands on with how the SRU have handled Covid, which has been pretty spot on so far other than one incident - likely played a part in this decision, McKay in general seems to be quite close knit with the Government.

Dodson just always seems like the more open and out there cunt compared to McKay, possibly just as a shield to him,  just can't see McKay having that now, pretty high profile open to the public role, a lot of his SRU work always seemed to go on behind the scenes. 

40 minutes ago, stevemac said:

do we think he is going to gain the same level of power and control that his predecessor has/had though? Seen someone mention earlier that he is more a no. 2 man and in SRU he certainly was. 

I don't see it. I've dealt with the guy through working with the SRU and he's a different kettle of fish. He's basically a comms guy who's worked his way up a relatively "short" corporate structure because of his competence in marketing and partnerships. In my experience, his role is almost more like Bisgrove's at Rangers than that of a textbook COO. He comes across as professional and a bit boring when I've met him. Just a guess, but an appointment like this may mean Desmond doesn't feel anyone who applied is up to Lawwell's calibre, so he's holding some of the responsibility back to pass on to his son. 

35 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Think the coming Child abuse cases cannot be underestimated in his decision as well. 

Imagine being told in Court you are the person who caused so much more hurt and tried to deny justice in innocent children.

The fact that he is about to retire/just retired won’t absolve him of the horrendous “separate entity” tactic of denying responsibility.

He wasn’t there in the sixties and seventies but he’s been sweeping like fuck in recent years and the “boys club isn’t part of celtic” lie he tried to peddle was absolutely shameful and will stick to him forever.

27 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

We call them obsessed?

People checking their new chief executives linkedin page

Wising up, I googled his name and up came LinkedIn. This is a forum that discusses things, get out of it if your not interested and just want to moan. Fucking idiot. 

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

The fact that he is about to retire/just retired won’t absolve him of the horrendous “separate entity” tactic of denying responsibility.

He wasn’t there in the sixties and seventies but he’s been sweeping like fuck in recent years and the “boys club isn’t part of celtic” lie he tried to peddle was absolutely shameful and will stick to him forever.

Wether or not the separate entity comment was created by him it doesn’t matter.It entered the public domain from his mouth .

Something that should never be forgotten .It did nothing but add to the suffering of the victims of the abuse .