them

MisterC

11 minutes ago, don logan said:

Isn't undersoil heating designed to melt snow?

It is and in normal circumstances the game will be on but they’ll want it off, players just back from isolating etc. That’s the only reason I think it’ll be off. Guess we will find out soon enough. 

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Do they have undersoil heating? No sure if a heating system underneath a plastic pitch with black rubber would work tbh

They have concrete heating system under the plastic but needs turned on well before the winter to be effective supposedly at a cost. Don't think they've turned it on again....

3 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Was there even a source for this julienn bus story or are folk just believing it because it suits? 

It explains why 16 members of their team had to self isolate. If he stuck to the one seat for all travel like he is meant to then they'd only have a maximum of 8 isolating I think.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

If it's only snowing i'm not sure that's enough to have the game called off? Whats up with sweeping the lines and using an Orange ball?

I think it should be okay as long as the temperature doesn't drop and freeze. 

I believe it was called off for ice and the other time being waterlogged. 

1 hour ago, Rfc52 said:

Hes a convicted drug dealer ffs. 

King was passed fit and proper despite having a chequered past to say the least.

But these money men always skrit very close to the edge between legal and illegal.

Being involved in the supply of class A's is a wee bit different :lol:

Martindale being able to manage a club in the Premiership just shows the state of the game up here.

The guy deserves a 2nd chance in life, course he does, he's served his time and needs a bit of help to get back to normality. 

That doesn't mean he should get a job at a club in the top league in the country fs. He didn't get a slap on the wrists, he got a 4 year sentence for being heavily involved in drug dealing/money laundering...fucking unreal that he's their manager..even more unreal that he's got them on a 9 game unbeaten run to be fair :lol:

7 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

If it's only snowing i'm not sure that's enough to have the game called off? Whats up with sweeping the lines and using an Orange ball?

Just cleared my driveway, snow soft and turning to slush. No way the game will be off unless it continues to melt and becomes waterlogged.

39 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

The problem is what you just said, undersoil. How can you heat undersoil if there is no soil? They've got an all weather pitch that's meant to be designed to withstand shit like this. But it doesn't.

Pitch covers if needed should be adequate for snow. Its the lower temps with icing on wet surfaces that is the real problem.

2 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

Martindale being able to manage a club in the Premiership just shows the state of the game up here.

The guy deserves a 2nd chance in life, course he does, he's served his time and needs a bit of help to get back to normality. 

That doesn't mean he should get a job at a club in the top league in the country fs. He didn't get a slap on the wrists, he got a 4 year sentence for being heavily involved in drug dealing/money laundering...fucking unreal that he's their manager..even more unreal that he's got them on a 9 game unbeaten run to be fair :lol:

If you can have players representing the national team who have been jailed for stoving a boys nut in with a bat then then its double standards to bar him from managing