them

MisterC

Do most of them not dislike Keane after his time there, never felt like that worked out the way everyone hoped and he has never spoken that well of them since playing for them, he didn't seem to fully invest in them in the way they hoped 

“I wasn’t happy with my own game. I did okay, but okay wasn’t enough,” he said.

“After the game – the disappointment. As I was taking my jersey off, I noticed the Nike tag was still on it.

“When I got on the bus, John Hartson, a really good guy, was already sitting there and he was eating a packet of crisps – with a fizzy drink.

“I said to myself, ‘Welcome to hell.’”

:lol:

I don't like Keane, but he does say shit at times that makes me laugh 

1 hour ago, The Monk said:

Don’t want to get carried away before a ball has been kicked but if they appoint Keane it’s a massive opportunity for us to win 56.

I don’t see what he offers different to Lennon in terms of style and you could even argue that at least Lennon had a very good knowledge of the league, I think (and hope) Keane will arrive with a misplaced arrogance and vastly underestimate the job he has as I’d imagine he’ll currently have next to no knowledge of how teams like Hibs, Livi etc play.

I still have my doubts tbh but if they appoint Keane, I'd say we are strong favourites to win the league again. 

Keane hasn't managed a club in 10 years. The clubs he did manage before didn't end well. Players asked about him absolutely despised him. 

Tactically your right he might be even worse than Lennon having not managed in so long. 

Keane ego is also giant he can't take when things aren't working and he's just as likely to implode as Lennon was. 

21 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I take it Marsche is out of the running?

Marsche basically said glad to be linked but no chance. Wilders best mate of 30 years was on Talksport yesterday and basically laughed when they asked about the cellic link, said he’ll probably end up at Newcastle or WBA. 

The names being linked It’s either Maresca or Keane if they’ve interviewed those that have been genuinely linked. 

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Sums up the absolute shitebag bully.
Made of the same fenian stuff as tlb who told pikey johnston "fuck off,shitebag" as he was leaving the field with a season ending injury,which kept him out for 6 months.
Would put money on the mutants squad will be letting their feelings known. 

1 hour ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

It'll be Stevie Clarke, after the qualifications this week - I suspect he will be unveiled, to take over after the Euros.

I hope not, but he might not want to swim in the Glasgow goldfish bowl with Bears urging him to cheer up ya sad bla bla, like what happened last season while in the Killie hot seat. I don't think he wants the hassle of taking on the poison chalice over at the Piggery.

1 hour ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Howe seems to be the favourite now.

Please, please. If I can pick a Shettleston manager it's a guy who knows nothing about Scottish football. Also a guy who got homesick as both a player and manager when he went north of Cherwell Valley Services. 

It took Stevie a couple of seasons to get to grips with Scottish football. I'm sure the tarriers will be delighted to let Howe learn on the job while we canter to 56 and 57.

He'll cost a fortune to get rid of. Much more than Keane would cost to get rid of. But I suppose Howe wouldn't be walking out having just put the heid on the skipper after yet another defeat. 

1 hour ago, GersInCanada said:

I honestly don't think it matters who they appoint. Massive rebuilding job to go through. No way they will get close to us next season. They will be battling with others for the places and even 2nd may be beyond them.

We on the other hand are looking to further improve - we will not stand still. 56 is a given.

DD seems to get that and has talked about the new manager needing time. scum will hate that as they lack patience. Soon as they start dropping points the protests will begin much to our enjoyment.

I’ve been around long enough to know this talk of massive rebuild means nothing. Look how we all thought O’Neill would fail immediately.

Three or four decent players along with us losing a few and the tables have turned again.

However it is up to us to make sure we keep the standards high. To be honest I’m not yet convinced by Simpson and know nothing about the midfielder we signed a pre contract with. He may be great, he may be garbage. If we lose Alfie, or Kent or Connor or Glenn we will have a job to replace them. I’m not as convinced about our recruitment as some on here. We have signed some beauties but also some mediocre players.

Anyhoo, we welcome the chase as someone once said.

1 minute ago, BlueThunder said:

I’ve been around long enough to know this talk of massive rebuild means nothing. Look how we all thought O’Neill would fail immediately.

Three or four decent players along with us losing a few and the tables have turned again.

However it is up to us to make sure we keep the standards high. To be honest I’m not yet convinced by Simpson and know nothing about the midfielder we signed a pre contract with. He may be great, he may be garbage. If we lose Alfie, or Kent or Connor or Glenn we will have a job to replace them. I’m not as convinced about our recruitment as some on here. We have signed some beauties but also some mediocre players.

Anyhoo, we welcome the chase as someone once said.

Potential 30 million for making the group stages next season and a guaranteed 30 million for the league winners next season tells me we won’t be losing 4 of our main players, quite the opposite in fact. 

14 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Boo! Looks like it won't be Keane afterall.

I honestly think they have to push the boat out just to try and give their fans hope so that they stump up for season books.

If they appoint Keane, they would lose millions in season ticket income.

Howe seems to be the favourite now.

I've seen Eddie Howe and Di Canio mentioned today :lol:

I don't think anybody has a clue tbh but every type of manager seems to be linked

39 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

Potential 30 million for making the group stages next season and a guaranteed 30 million for the league winners next season tells me we won’t be losing 4 of our main players, quite the opposite in fact. 

I never said we’d lose 4, I said a couple.

I’d be very surprised if we don’t lose a couple of players simply because a) they want to go ala Alfie and b) we receive an offer that is too tempting. It is then up to us to replace them adequately and look to strengthen even further if we get the CL money.

Just look at the rebuilding job they face.

Barkas will surely go if they can find mugs to buy him, Bain will presumably stay as No 1 but another keeper needed.

In defence, Ajer, Laxalt, Duffy will go and they’ll try to build around young Welsh who is one of their better CBs in recent years. If Jullien ever gets over Covid and stookies, he’ll not contribute much next season and I don’t expect Bitton to play centre half too often, especially not against us. So I reckon they need at least three centre backs, cover for Taylor at left back and a right back. We’ll know if Fritzel is serious or not if they bring in O’Donnell at RB and Gallagher at centre half. Minimum five defensive players required.

Even more pressure on McGregor next season in the middle and Turnbull should start most games too. Soro for Brown is obvious (if he stays) but they need at least two decent midfielders just for numbers, never mind quality.

Griffiths will be parped and I expect Christie to go too. French Eddie may well go back to France to see out his remaining years as an U21 international :lol: 

El Younoussi back to Southampton just leaves NaeNeck and Pikey Johnson with nobody to cross to. Duds (Klimala, Ajeti) will be moved on at a loss  Minimum three first team strikers needed.

By my reckoning that is at least eleven players needed just to stand still and gives them very little depth.

We cannot be complacent (big part of the scum downfall imo) but we really need to capitalise on the absolute shambles they find themselves in.

:UK: