Jump to content

Cheerio JustUsTims, Lennon, Lawwell, Brown, Howe & Munro - Reaction.


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 18.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You don’t deserve a single thing  Your focus has been on rangers UEFA license rather than your playing squad   Your demise has cost you a potential £30 million in champions league money 

Posted Images

1 hour ago, The Godfather said:

They need to sell St's without that they are in huge trouble. 

This is just a ST selling stunt, Howie has to build them from the ground up with fuck all money... Thats mission impossible. 

Our team which is a level they won't get to took 3 years to assemble.. He has a few months. 

Bask in the fenian failure and this tramp being sent up the road with a tears and a bloody nose. 

We won't be caught 

Can’t disagree with any of that.  He will be up against it from the off and he must know that.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Shame it looks like he’s going there because I actually quite like Howe tbh.

Me too. I went to a few Bournemouth games since living down south and he comes across as a likeable chap. 
He tries to play attractive possession based football which should suit him up here as celtic tend to dominate the ball in most of their games in the league. 
 

However, Bournemouth were very soft at conceding goals and not great at set piece defending, I think he will make celtic a bit better going forward but they will still concede quite a few goals and give teams quite a few chances to score against them. 

Bluekev likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Mcgowan at the Mail saying they are keeping Kennedy and Strachan as part of Howes backroom staff and he wants to bring his own DOF :lol: 

:lol: How many managers is that now for Kennedy? He must be in their as a snitch to the board or something.

Also how back to front is the manager choosing the  DOF.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bristol loyal said:

Eddie Howe got homesick at Burnley and ended up quitting and going back to Bournemouth for ‘personal and family reasons’, yet the taigs think he can move up to Glasgow and manage in the old firm? 😂😂

He left as his Mum died and he wanted to be closer to his family. 

BridgeIsBlue likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites

He’s certainly not a bad manager, you don’t get a side promoted from EFL2 to the EPL in 7 years without being a good coach. I don’t think any other manager has ever done that in England in history (although happy to be proved wrong). 
 

His issue will be the do Plan A better mentality that he has, which was ultimately why Bournemouth got relegated. It’s very similar to the likes of Warburton, Mowbray and other similar managers who’ve came and struggled in the top flight. 
 

My worry is that if he gets to bring in his own back room staff, they’ll improve overnight because Lennon and Strachan and co were a joke at the end. He’ll bring in a good level of professionalism that the likes of Rodgers & Gerrard did when they arrived. 
 

Interesting appointment, I imagine he’d be a success for them if he was given 3 seasons a la Gerrard. Fortunately, he’ll never get that time from them, so he should be out on his arse by next summer
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

He left as his Mum died and he wanted to be closer to his family. 

My mistake, sure I read it was due to him and his family not settling up north.

Still don’t think for a second he’s got what it takes to succeed in the old firm though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

so celtic will have a new chief at the top , a new director of football, a new captain and a new manager ? and lots of average players on good wages hopefully.

they are doing fuck all for the forseeable future. There is no spine to that club.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

He’s certainly not a bad manager, you don’t get a side promoted from EFL2 to the EPL in 7 years without being a good coach. I don’t think any other manager has ever done that in England in history (although happy to be proved wrong). 
 

His issue will be the do Plan A better mentality that he has, which was ultimately why Bournemouth got relegated. It’s very similar to the likes of Warburton, Mowbray and other similar managers who’ve came and struggled in the top flight. 
 

My worry is that if he gets to bring in his own back room staff, they’ll improve overnight because Lennon and Strachan and co were a joke at the end. He’ll bring in a good level of professionalism that the likes of Rodgers & Gerrard did when they arrived. 
 

Interesting appointment, I imagine he’d be a success for them if he was given 3 seasons a la Gerrard. Fortunately, he’ll never get that time from them, so he should be out on his arse by next summer
 

 

Wimbledon with Dave Bassett went from 4th division to the old first division in about 5 years. Graham Taylor did a similar job at Watford.

Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

:lol: How many managers is that now for Kennedy? He must be in their as a snitch to the board or something.

Also how back to front is the manager choosing the  DOF.

The whole idea of a DOF is so that if a manager/coach leaves then it doesn’t fully disrupt the footballing department and transition of new manager is easier.

in this case, if Howe doesn’t work then him and his hand picked DOF will both leave and they’ll be back to square 1.

i’ll be honest, the whole situation smacks of desperation from them imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Wimbledon with Dave Bassett went from 4th division to the old first division in about 5 years. Graham Taylor did a similar job at Watford.

Howe also had the benefit of Bournemouth being bankrolled by their Russian multimillionaire owner through the leagues.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DBBTB said:

Howe is a good coach but there’s a massive difference between coaching an unfashionable team who aren’t expected to win every week into playing football that is pleasing on the eye and building a team capable of the bottle and versatility needed for a title challenge over the course of a season.

Thankfully for us, I don’t think Howe has the capability of being the second option, at least not right away because the first year or two will be a learning curve and a culture shock akin to what Gerrard went through.

Will he get a year or two.  

We knew when Gerrard came in it was going to take time and that he was building a squad practically from scratch.

That lots deranged fanbase expect immediate success. They still think our success was a one off lol. I guarantee if he doesn't hit the ground running they'll turn quickly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blueshoff said:

Sounds like the man for the job - 

And Howe failed to cure serious defensive problems which raised the red flag in 2018-19, when Bournemouth conceded 70 league goals in finishing 14th. That was the highest outside the relegated clubs and even Cardiff, who went down, conceded fewer.

That will explain keeping the expertise of Kennedy as defensive coa:lol:ch 

Blueshoff likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bluekev said:

I don't think Howe has the bottle for it up here, he seems too nice. I realise when we appointed Gerrard people including myself were unsure but he knew what was expected at a big club, he's played in big derbies and played at the highest level in Europe.

The closest Howe has been to Europe is an away trip to Cardiff.

Correct,Gerrard is a far stronger character.A quality that’s extremely important for managing an old firm club .

Bluekev likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

All the talk seems to be he'll be coming in right away. Think that's mad of them.

If he gets a doing at Ibrox and doesn't win the Scottish Cup he's already on the back foot.

I’m needing Kennedy to get to the end of the season for my skybet payout .

10 games qualifies for the bet .😁

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • DBBTB changed the title to Cheerio JustUsTims, Lennon, Lawwell, Brown, Howe & Munro - Reaction.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...