them

MisterC

5 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Would not make any sense at all.

Why would a team go and pay £3.5m for a player who has absolutely flopped, ignoring the fact that you could go and buy Nesbit for half the money who is twice the player?

Is the team the cunt is going to anything to do with Man City? I know they have a cosy relationship with that mob, so the only thing I could think would make any form of sense is if it was some Man City money funding it.

Where does Man City come into it? They’re linked with New York City, not the Red Bulls team.

Having said, I’m not buying it. MLS teams have limited budgets within their ridiculously complex system as it is. I’m pretty sure they have to request the money from the league first and foremost, and have to give up ‘draft picks’ and special contract types if they want to spend significant money. I’ve got more respect than most for football in the States but fuck me it’s like FIFA Ultimate Team

4 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

Where does Man City come into it? They’re linked with New York City, not the Red Bulls team.

Having said, I’m not buying it. MLS teams have limited budgets within their ridiculously complex system as it is. I’m pretty sure they have to request the money from the league first and foremost, and have to give up ‘draft picks’ and special contract types if they want to spend significant money. I’ve got more respect than most for football in the States but fuck me it’s like FIFA Ultimate Team

Knew Man city had a link with one of the teams, didn't know which one.

To be honest, just looking for any reason that could explain it, because the alternative is that it is obviously a lie.

Even if the cunt goes on to be the next Ronaldo, he has done nothing to excuse Celtic not making a loss on him.

48 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

TBF NYRB have plenty funds, same owners as Salzburg and Leipzig. Could see him going there tbh, not for close to that money though. He performs well for them he gets a move to Salzburg then onto Leipzig, they often loan/transfer players to each of their clubs.

21 minutes ago, stevemac said:

TBF NYRB have plenty funds, same owners as Salzburg and Leipzig. Could see him going there tbh, not for close to that money though. He performs well for them he gets a move to Salzburg then onto Leipzig, they often loan/transfer players to each of their clubs.

I don’t think it’s necessarily down to how backed the owners are though because it’s done through the league. It’s confusing as fuck. :lol: 

18 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

I don’t think it’s necessarily down to how backed the owners are though because it’s done through the league. It’s confusing as fuck. :lol: 

yeah the MLS is weird as fuck

3 hours ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

Would not make any sense at all.

Why would a team go and pay £3.5m for a player who has absolutely flopped, ignoring the fact that you could go and buy Nesbit for half the money who is twice the player?

Is the team the cunt is going to anything to do with Man City? I know they have a cosy relationship with that mob, so the only thing I could think would make any form of sense is if it was some Man City money funding it.

Hmmm. Its all making sense now.  Man City owned by Saudis and the Saudis were connected to Bin Laden who was connected to the Taliban who are all sellik fans! 

6 hours ago, Essandoh said:

It's much more complicated than that tbh. FWIW, guys I know over there are far from convinced by the fee - and one suggesting it is only a loan move just now.

34 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's much more complicated than that tbh. FWIW, guys I know over there are far from convinced by the fee - and one suggesting it is only a loan move just now.

Baffles me how clubs (especially them) can openly lie about transfer fees. Look at Frimpong, I genuinely can't imagine Bayer paid 10m for him. surely fees are published in accounts etc?

10 minutes ago, stevemac said:

Baffles me how clubs (especially them) can openly lie about transfer fees. Look at Frimpong, I genuinely can't imagine Bayer paid 10m for him. surely fees are published in accounts etc?

Frimpong one isn't far off the mark tbh. Clubs themselves don't lie about them and they aren't listed as such as most are spread over a number of years and have certain conditions attached so Celtic will possibly have only pocketed half of it just now.

20 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

The cunt still can’t admit we better. Hopefully this is the one where we give them the doing that’s due

Looking back, we should have given them a doin in the first OF game, we won that at a canter, hopefully we've got our game face's on on Sunday. Going by Stevie's PC we will be.