them

MisterC

26 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Let's stick to the facts.

The Aussie is 55 and has achieved very little in his career to date. His only European experience is in the Greek 3rd division.

5 minutes after Howe turned them down they were in advanced talks with him which is a barefaced lie that even scum fans don't swallow. So he knows nothing of Scottish football and very very little of European football yet is expected to recruit well from those markets in a very short time. 7 weeks until their CL qualifier. Not to mention that he will be in lockdown on arrival as will any staff he brings with him.

I reckon that he will knock them back which is a shame. Under his stewardship a top 6 finish might be beyond them.

Please stop making comments like this.

4 hours ago, tm91 said:

They were always flirting with danger, I've said this before. They increased their wage budget by £16m when Rodgers came in and pushed themselves to the limit. They're where we were in the later Murray years - they need Champions League or big transfer sales to turn a profit because they have no breathing room due to high wages.

They've let all their assets run down their contracts, they've repeatedly failed to qualify for the CL, and now Covid has seemingly made them burn through the cash reserves they built up while we were gone. They've thrown away every advantage 2012 gave them (thank fuck) and they can't spend their way out of trouble like they did in 2016. 

Even before you factor in season ticket refunds and their fickle fans not buying season tickets and compensation claims and whatever else, they won't be in a position to spend a lot.

But on a positive note,  they have got disco lights :lol:

2 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

I'm sure a little comment like that doesn't make him look like an idiot. Bit extreme.

It does. He’s suggested the second best team in Scotland are going to struggle to finish in the top half of the table.

It’s an absolutely stupid comment to make in an attempt to get likes

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It does. He’s suggested the second best team in Scotland are going to struggle to finish in the top half of the table.

It’s an absolutely stupid comment to make in an attempt to get likes

I wanted no more likes after 55 so to suggest that I was after meaningless likes is truly absurd. The remark you refer to was nothing more than tongue in cheek. They laughed at us for a decade. Tables have turned. Live with it.

Just now, GersInCanada said:

I wanted no more likes after 55 so to suggest that I was after meaningless likes is truly absurd. The remark you refer to was nothing more than tongue in cheek. They laughed at us for a decade. Tables have turned. Live with it.

You wanted no more likes after 55? You well and truly overshot that mark then. Another strong post with the aim of getting more likes though, well done. 

Rui Faria has emerged as a potential alternative to Ange Postecoglou for the Celtic hot-seat.

The Hoops remain confident of landing new frontrunner and former Australia boss Postecoglou.

However, Record Sport can reveal that Parkhead chiefs have held tentative talks with representatives of Faria.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey said:

Rui Faria has emerged as a potential alternative to Ange Postecoglou for the Celtic hot-seat.

The Hoops remain confident of landing new frontrunner and former Australia boss Postecoglou.

However, Record Sport can reveal that Parkhead chiefs have held tentative talks with representatives of Faria.

Who?

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Almost as if they are throwing out names to see what the fan reactions are. So this guy is a former assistant manager and only manager experience is in Qatar

22 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

He’s spent most of his career as an assistant, except for one season in the Qatari league.

Literally Caixinha Mk II, though at least Pedro has actually won a league as a manager :lol: