them

MisterC

7 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

the more i think  about it the more i think the aussies bumming him up are at it

a combination of 'hes one of our own so lets not talk shit about him' and 'fuck it lets big him up and have a laugh watching him go mental on british tv and ruin sellic'

Im loving the fact that everyone is building this guy up to be some sort of guru. The meltdown will be of epic proportions.

8 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Im loving the fact that everyone is building this guy up to be some sort of guru. The meltdown will be of epic proportions.

honestly mate after we won 55 they broke and we had a laugh but come sept/oct it will be like the 90s again with them outside the piggery with banners about harming their board members 

50 minutes ago, Rowley Birkin said:

the more i think  about it the more i think the aussies bumming him up are at it

a combination of 'hes one of our own so lets not talk shit about him' and 'fuck it lets big him up and have a laugh watching him go mental on british tv and ruin sellic'

Of course they are only saying he’s good because he’s from there. Was there not a whole load of nonsense with Pedro that Mourinho rated him?

5 hours ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Celtic have been warned they could be hammered by UEFA if they they try to bend the rules to get Ange Postecoglou into the dug-out without a Pro Licence.

And that comes from the last coach to fall foul of European football’s governing body who was forced to QUIT his job after they came down hard on his club for not having the elite coaching badge.

Filippo Giovagnoli fired out the message to Hoops target Postecoglou and said there is no chance the Australian will be able to take charge in the Champions League without the dispensation Parkhead chiefs are seeking.

The Italian knows from bitter experience after his club Dundalk were fined £50,000 for what they described as ‘shadow coaching’ during a Europa League tie against Rapid Vienna and Arsenal last season.

Giovagnoli was appointed boss of the Irish outfit without a Pro Licence but the club’s opposition analyst Shane Keegan did have the necessary qualification and acted as manager.

But after a UEFA delegate watched Giovagnoli shouting instructions they compiled a ten-page document on his actions and handed out a subsequent fine and ban for the Italian.

Dundalk were threatened with a ban from European competition and the Irish outfit attempted to change his title which saw the 50-year-old quit his role at Oriel Park.

Celtic are looking for an exemption for Postecoglou given his vast 25 years experience in the game where he has managed Australia at the World Cup.

But Giovagnoli reckons the precedent they set with him means, while the Greece-born Aussie might get the green light in domestic games, he won’t get any leeway in Europe.

The Italian told Record Sport Online : “Ange can’t be on the bench for the Champions League unless he gets special dispensation - but how can they do that when I was banned?

“Trust me, it would be a disaster if he doesn’t have his Pro Licence. After the precedent they set with me they can’t let it happen.

“Dundalk were fined because of me so people would ask why they didn’t fine Celtic so it can’t happen.

“I was banned by UEFA so right now if I was in charge of a team in the Europa League I couldn’t even enter the stadium. That’s how strict they are.

“You can be smart in the league and try and get round it but in UEFA competition you can’t do s***.

“If you are trying to get round it then you have an assistant coach with the Pro Licence who will do all the media and you are there just to coach.

“But trust me it’s not ideal and that’s why I left Dundalk because I lost all control and couldn’t communicate through the media.

“That is why I left the job. I have to be honest with you. I’m not a coach who can watch from the stand. I have to be on the sidelines.

“I thought I could do it and it wouldn’t matter. I believed I could train all week and prepare the team and everything would be okay.

“But that is just bull****. You can’t do it. Trust me. You have to be in control.

I ‘coached’ for Dundalk games against Rapid Vienna away and Arsenal away and we were sent a 10-page report of everything I was doing.

“They were watching everything and they took it out on the club and threatened to revoke their UEFA licence.

“Dundalk is a small club, Celtic is a big club. I’m not sure what they would do but they have set a precedent.

“It’s not just about the money. A fine is a fine. But they will make an example of the coach and ban the club from UEFA competition.”

Giovagnoli says Postecoglou will have to find a Pro Licence course quickly to show UEFA he is at least looking to get his badge.

But he said: “Ange will have to find a course and apply. The thing that made it worse for me is that I wanted to do the Pro Licence but I couldn’t do the course because of the pandemic.

“I tried for seven months but couldn’t find one but there’s one in Italy I’m going to apply to.

“I think for most domestic leagues it’s at their own discretion whether a Pro Licence is required but in European competition if you don’t have it then you can forget it.

“In Ireland I could go on the bench but then my club decided against it after the UEFA fine. They felt pressure from UEFA and eventually I had to quit.

“I was able to coach from the bench but after the fine the club started saying I was the assistant rather than the head coach to avoid problems with UEFA.

“The whole thing was a mess and I couldn’t even take the press conferences so I just left.”

Given the amount of times the scum have been reinstated to UEFA competitions when they have complained about technicalities after being beaten this would be instant karma. I can see the 'fuck uefa' banners back out. 

21 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Can't see that being true since Lawwell ain't around anymore. Possibly bit more truth about it last month when he was there.

I thought he was still there - isn't it the "transition period" until the end of this month?

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Sure the transition period was last month when he was brought in early. Lawwell finished up on Tuesday.

Don't think that's right mate.

Think the handover finishes on July 1st.

Regardless, I would not be surprised to see him back as the chairman in a couple of months.

7 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Obviously he is a total freak but their hatred of Strachan senior is bizarre. He did a great job there.

Always puzzled me that one, done extremely well getting them into the last 16 of the champions league but 'he didn't play ra shellick way'

22 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

Always puzzled me that one, done extremely well getting them into the last 16 of the champions league but 'he didn't play ra shellick way'

Because he wasn’t a tarrier. Strachans side played far better football than the crap MONs side used to play. 

They reached the last 16 of the CL twice under him I believe? Which was a pretty impressive feat when you look at the squad they had 

5 minutes ago, SuperLeeMcCulloch said:

They seem to forget one key element to Wenger even being appointed, he managed at a pretty high level in Europe before spending a year in Japan, Angies only adventure into Europe has been the 3rd division in Greece

Aye he even won the title with Monaco in the 80s.