them

MisterC

8 minutes ago, tm91 said:

This is the same reporter who apparently once wrote an article about Pogba and Bruno Fernandez fighting - which he had taken from a parody site.

Probably saw that letter and the betting and went for the clickbait.

This isn't like Rodgers. He was a 'Celtic' fan who needed to rehabilitate his reputation and quite fancied a year or two of racking up trophies with no pressure. Benitez was earning £12m in China. 😂 Would probably walk into most jobs in any top league. 

It will only add to SG managing career, if he can go head to head with RB and win. I don't think RB will be able to save their season though. I think this is a gesture to get their fans onside for ST time.

Just now, Sweetheart said:

It will only add to SG managing career, if he can go head to head with RB and win. I don't think RB be able to save their season though I think this is a gesture to get their fans onside for ST time.

Houdini couldn't save their season. 

They are deed

2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

He won't I think he'll go to epl hopefully newcastle or something. 

Think next scum manager will be the bravest man in football 

Agreed plenty of clubs in the EPL would want him, I think it's a case of wait and see. I too think their next manager will need to be brave..... and crazy for taking the job.

I don’t know if it will be Benitez but I do think they’ll try and pull a big name manager out of the bag rather than a Steve Clarke or a Jack Ross. They need to for the sake of season tickets and fan buy-in.

As others have mentioned it may seem an expensive option, but if it means getting a tune out of their squad then it might be actually cost effective simply because they will actually be trained properly, improving results without the need for wholesale changes.

They saw how Rodgers transformed them - so unless they are totally fucked financially (or if Desmond doesn’t fancy bankrolling it) then I genuinely see a big name coming in. Don’t underestimate how wounded Liewell and Desmond will be by the last few months and our reaction to it.

Anyway, just my tuppence, although I hope I’m wrong and they go for a cheap option.

I don’t see them being able to afford Benitez. The rumours are they can’t afford to sack TLB and Benitez won’t be cheap. Not only that he would need some assurance that he can buy players. We’ll see soon enough I suppose. We can only concentrate on us and keep winning our games 

Not really buying this whole 'they couldn't afford him' chat.

Simple fact is binning Duffy and Lennon alone would free up around 70k a week probably. That alone is most of his potential wages paid for. It would require a bit of pushing out the boat but its doable.

There's also little doubt they'll sell quite a few other of their useless squad players which will free up wages - players they don't really need to replace.

Whether he would want to go there though is a different matter. But then again he was willing to manage in China so prestige of club/league clearly isn't high up his list of priorities anymore.

Newcastle are actually in a bigger shambles than the tramps.
If we are to be successful and keep the mutants down,would rather they built themselves up,just for us to knock the bastards back down.
Stevie Gerrard and his backroom team are more like THE MAGNIFICENT SEVEN movie in ridding the town full of baddies.
Would never want to lift a trophy the way the mutants have racked up theirs.
bejabus christ couldn't save the scabby bastards.

34 minutes ago, TheKingObv said:

Not really buying this whole 'they couldn't afford him' chat.

Simple fact is binning Duffy and Lennon alone would free up around 70k a week probably. That alone is most of his potential wages paid for. It would require a bit of pushing out the boat but its doable.

There's also little doubt they'll sell quite a few other of their useless squad players which will free up wages - players they don't really need to replace.

Whether he would want to go there though is a different matter. But then again he was willing to manage in China so prestige of club/league clearly isn't high up his list of priorities anymore.

In China he was clearing £250k a week after tax. I’m unsurprised he went to a smaller league with that sort of cash on the table :lol: 

He was on about £80k at Newcastle and would presumably want similar from his next employer. The affordability issue is probably more about the assurances he’d seek from the board regarding transfers etc.

I could see them doing this but they would need to invest heavy on transfer fees. 

Are they willing to risk it.

Scottish football is like no other league. Look at Paul Le Guen. Gerrard and his team know how to beat these teams now. Benitez has been in charge of creating defensive units for the last decade. He would need 1 or 2 years to settle in.

I doubt they will get Benitez. Seen Guillem Balague say that he's taking time out and also had options from Germany. If it was betting on it I still would be taking Jack Ross who's price has been driven up after of the Benitez chat

9 minutes ago, PrsosPonytail said:

If it transpires that next season's champions go straight into the CL groups, then I reckon they'd spend big on a manager for sure. 

They better get Harry Houdini then. They need to replace at least half the squad and put a title winning team together in the next 6 months. 

This years title is done and moving on players for money isn't going to be easy in the current environment.