them

MisterC

11 minutes ago, RfcSevco said:

Any chance you can pass them on?

Because I've never seen anything other than between 4million and 4.5

Really can’t be arsed trawling for it but that was the total commitment they were making to pinch him after we’d signed Thomson. They were known as “the twins” at the time and it was widely accepted they’d both go to the same new club. Deal was agreed to follow Thomson to Ibrox but his agent Willie McKay, Rod Petrie and Liewell gazumped us and convinced him to go back on his word.

Signing on fee of a million and around £26/27k per week on a four year deal takes to you roughly six and a half plus the fee making it an £11m package.

I still think £10M is an inflated figure but I will say: due to circumstances mostly beyond our control, it’s been around a decade since we’ve had a major asset to sell. We’ve had to be on ‘build’ mode for years and, as such, we’ve retained almost anyone who’s done well enough to increase significantly in value. The transfer market has continued to inflate and, once we’re back in our rightful place as champions, we’ll probably start selling and getting an updated idea of a “fair price”. 

I still think Frimpong is pretty one-dimensional though and doubt he’ll be good enough for Leverkusen. 

33 minutes ago, doc holliday said:

At the very least 6 of their recognised recognised first team squad want out...some with contracts terminating soon.Definitely an unhappy pool of players with considerable unrest in the ranks.

Wait til wee pingpong gives the rest of the want aways an idea of his wages bonuses etc

2 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Really can’t be arsed trawling for it but that was the total commitment they were making to pinch him after we’d signed Thomson. They were known as “the twins” at the time and it was widely accepted they’d both go to the same new club. Deal was agreed to follow Thomson to Ibrox but his agent Willie McKay, Rod Petrie and Liewell gazumped us and convinced him to go back on his word.

Signing on fee of a million and around £26/27k per week on a four year deal takes to you roughly six and a half plus the fee making it an £11m package.

Please tell me you don't believe that when Brown joined Celtic from Hibs that he got a £1m signing on bonus and £27k per week :lol::lol:

If they are getting that kind of money for him, it’s scandalous. 

He’s absolutely bang average and tactically has been at fault for a lot of their demise this season. But, clubs will look at Tierney who is now arguably Arsenals best player and want to get the. “Next one” from them. 

Shows how important it is that we get a good fee for Morelos/Kamara when the time comes. You sell cheap once and it sets a really bad precedent. Leverkusen will only have came in with a big offer because they know the taigs have sold players for big fees recently, so they know they can’t try to lowball them. 

really does put into perspective what our squad is worth if that twat is going for anything close to 10 million.

Tav - 10 million

Borna - 20 million

Alfie - 15 million or more

Kamara - 15 million

60 million for 4 players, invest 20 million of that in the sqaud and it sees us on a great trajectory for the future.

3 minutes ago, plymouthranger said:

If they are getting that kind of money for him, it’s scandalous. 

He’s absolutely bang average and tactically has been at fault for a lot of their demise this season. But, clubs will look at Tierney who is now arguably Arsenals best player and want to get the. “Next one” from them. 

Shows how important it is that we get a good fee for Morelos/Kamara when the time comes. You sell cheap once and it sets a really bad precedent. Leverkusen will only have came in with a big offer because they know the taigs have sold players for big fees recently, so they know they can’t try to lowball them. 

Folks on here are way off with thinking we’ll get huge money for Kamara.

Come the summer, he’ll have a year left on his contract, which is going to be a pretty low wage too. 

There’s no way Rangers, with playing in the SPL, that we get anywhere near £10m for a player who is in the last year of their contract and likely on less than £10k a week.

You don’t get those big sums for players on such low contracts with little time left, especially in Scotland. We need to get him signed on a new contract before the Euros, otherwise we can kiss any big fee goodbye.

1 minute ago, BearInTheToon said:

Folks on here are way off with thinking we’ll get huge money for Kamara.

Come the summer, he’ll have a year left on his contract, which is going to be a pretty low wage too. 

There’s no way Rangers, with playing in the SPL, that we get anywhere near £10m for a player who is in the last year of their contract and likely on less than £10k a week.

You don’t get those big sums for players on such low contracts with little time left, especially in Scotland. We need to get him signed on a new contract before the Euros, otherwise we can kiss any big fee goodbye.

Kamara's deal is up in 2023.

1 minute ago, ExilledWeegie123 said:

really does put into perspective what our squad is worth if that twat is going for anything close to 10 million.

Tav - 10 million

Borna - 20 million

Alfie - 15 million or more

Kamara - 15 million

60 million for 4 players, invest 20 million of that in the sqaud and it sees us on a great trajectory for the future.

Like I’ve said above, no way we get anywhere near that kind of money for Kamara without him signing a new contract.  We wouldn’t even get half. It’s wishful thinking to believe otherwise.

2 minutes ago, BearInTheToon said:

Like I’ve said above, no way we get anywhere near that kind of money for Kamara without him signing a new contract.  We wouldn’t even get half. It’s wishful thinking to believe otherwise.

granted would need to get him on a new contract but i dont think thats outwith the realms of possibility, if he has a good euros then youve got a guy who stars for his national team, came through from arsenal, eventually to rangers and puts in great performances in europe and against the scum, id say 15 million wasnt a stretch for him tbh.

24 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Please tell me you don't believe that when Brown joined celtic from Hibs that he got a £1m signing on bonus and £27k per week :lol::lol:

My mistake, contract was five years, not four but the Herald quoting “could earn him upwards of 6m”.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/12777405.brown-ends-months-of-speculation-by-agreeing-move-to-celtic/

That’s doesn’t say 11 million though. That’s 4 for transfer and what he could earn over his contract

It literally starts off as saying 4.4m transfer... You started on about them acting like they'd spent 11m when it clearly says about wages in it.