them

MisterC

1 minute ago, BearInTheToon said:

Still mate, those big fees just don’t happen for players on his level of wages.  It’d be £5-7m max for him with what he’s on.

I don't think his wages will have much of a baring on what fee we can command.

Performance level domestically, in europe and at the euros combined with contract length and how important he is to us, will dictate the fee we get. All of which point to £10m+ at the very least. 

Armstrong left celtic a few years back for around 8m and he had a year remaining on his deal. It's not that unrealistic at all.

1 minute ago, ExilledWeegie123 said:

granted would need to get him on a new contract but i dont think thats outwith the realms of possibility, if he has a good euros then youve got a guy who stars for his national team, came through from arsenal, eventually to Rangers and puts in great performances in europe and against the scum, id say 15 million wasnt a stretch for him tbh.

No, I agree with you about the fee, but only IF he signs a new contract. Tbh, if he agreed a new £20k-£25k p/w deal before the end of the the season and then went on to have an outstanding Euros, I think we’d actually be talking about £20m plus, no bother.

A really big fee hinges completely on a new contract.

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Do.you read what you post?

Scott Brown last night secured a £4.4m summer transfer to Celtic. The Hibernian midfielder completed a medical examination at an Edinburgh hospital before agreeing a five-year contract that could earn him in excess of £6m in wages

Just now, Junior Soprano said:

That’s doesn’t say 11 million though. That’s 4 for transfer and what he could earn over his contract

Correct.

Fee of 4.4m plus “earn upwards of 6m” 

Anyone commenting on it at the time was saying “11m in fees, wages and bonuses shows they mean business blah blah blah...”

Just now, RfcSevco said:

Do.you read what you post?

Scott Brown last night secured a £4.4m summer transfer to celtic. The Hibernian midfielder completed a medical examination at an Edinburgh hospital before agreeing a five-year contract that could earn him in excess of £6m in wages

Jesus Christ!

:headwall:

3 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Correct.

Fee of 4.4m plus “earn upwards of 6m” 

Anyone commenting on it at the time was saying “11m in fees, wages and bonuses shows they mean business blah blah blah...”

That's explicitly saying what the £11m is though and isn't trying to pass it off as a transfer fee.

Let it go mate, you're going to get a lot of pushback for something that's not even important :lol:

In summary, it looks like they're getting a decent fee for Frimpong, fair play to them. It isn't going to stop 55 though.  

Just now, Broxi said:

That's explicitly saying what the £11m is though and isn't trying to pass it off as a transfer fee.

Let it go mate, you're going to get a lot of pushback for something that's not even important :lol:

In summary, it looks like they're getting a decent fee for Frimpong, fair play to them. It isn't going to stop 55 though.  

Hes cost them more than 11 million :lol:

2 minutes ago, McKissock said:

I don't think his wages will have much of a baring on what fee we can command.

Performance level domestically, in europe and at the euros combined with contract length and how important he is to us, will dictate the fee we get. All of which point to £10m+ at the very least. 

Armstrong left celtic a few years back for around 8m and he had a year remaining on his deal. It's not that unrealistic at all.

Unless they’re a wonderkid who has half the planet chasing them, the size of wages directly influence to a large extent the fee.

Gerrard publicly stated as much when he said in relation to Kamara ‘we need to protect our assets, so unless we tie him down to a bigger deal, we can forget about that (a big fee).’

5 minutes ago, J-Maestro said:

It literally starts off as saying 4.4m transfer... You started on about them acting like they'd spent 11m when it clearly says about wages in it.

Final word on this as I’m beginning to think you guys are at the wind-up because I’ve got a fucking snowman in my garden that understands this.

The fee is £4.4m plus “could earn upwards of £6m” means the club’s commitment, their total spend is heading towards £11m.

Not once did I say the fee was £11m, I said that it was reported at the time that the total deal was going to cost the scum up to 11m.

I was asked to prove it and I’ve just done so.

Total deal/commitment/package £11m.

Please don’t ask me to explain this again.

:smokingcowboy:

1 hour ago, doc holliday said:

At the very least 6 of their recognised recognised first team squad want out...some with contracts terminating soon.Definitely an unhappy pool of players with considerable unrest in the ranks.

The scenes after the cup exit is why we ping-pong wants out imo

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

You’re right but if people just read what’s posted, they wouldn’t keep asking stupid questions!!

:lol:

13 minutes ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

"I dreamed the dream but my demands haven't been met, you'll see what I mean"

... what does  this refer to from Ping-pong? 

Probably demanded a new manager and Fat Peter told him to fuck off, You’ve got Lenny, Like it or Lump it, So he’s lumped it 😂