them

MisterC

Just now, BearInTheToon said:

Unless they’re a wonderkid who has half the planet chasing them, the size of wages directly influence to a large extent the fee.

Gerrard publicly stated as much when he said in relation to Kamara ‘we need to protect our assets, so unless we tie him down to a bigger deal, we can forget about that (a big fee).’

I disagree that it's a large influence, especially in relation to performance, age, importance to the club (though wage can at least be of some indication of this), and length of contract.

As I said, Armstrong's a good comparison. Final year of his deal, 7-8m fee. Was on similar wages to Kamara after arriving from Dundee United. We should be looking for more considering his level of performance in europe and internationally.

17 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Final word on this as I’m beginning to think you guys are at the wind-up because I’ve got a fucking snowman in my garden that understands this.

The fee is £4.4m plus “could earn upwards of £6m” means the club’s commitment, their total spend is heading towards £11m.

Not once did I say the fee was £11m, I said that it was reported at the time that the total deal was going to cost the scum up to 11m.

I was asked to prove it and I’ve just done so.

Total deal/commitment/package £11m.

Please don’t ask me to explain this again.

:smokingcowboy:

You might think they would all be pleased at getting that fee for frimpong. Lets be honest, its good money. They are instead all pig sick at their managers latest press conference. He basically sat there blaming everything and everyone but himself and looked as if he really couldnt give a fuck what anyone else thinks He more or less said as much. They are ragin!!

No way he's going for 11m or whatever's being quoted.

That would be about 5m per decent ball he's played this season.

It'll be something mental that the fenians have fallen for.

"We'll give you 1m now and 5million if we win the English Premiership and 5million more if we get out of the group stages of the World Cup"

Nothing more than the annual player sale to balance the books after failure to qualify for champions league. We all know their wage bill is unsustainable without champions league football. They'll be delighted this money is coming. Desmond doesn't have to put his hand in his pocket. 

12 minutes ago, Smile said:

spacer.png

Neil Lennon our forms not too shabby.

Its hilarious how quickly he goes from acting like they're worldbeating superstars to talking like they're a bang on average team from Scotland who's form isn't too bad 🤣 Anything to soften the blows.

This is fucking glorious 😅 we're making them look like a diddy club

1 hour ago, johanhentze said:

So.. they will go with Ajer? Im sure the backup right back wants away as well. Unless they are going with Ralston :lol: 

Probably mate. I actually think he's more suited to playing there but would mean Duffy and Bitton at centre back so happy days

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

They always quote wages to inflate the figures. I remember Scott Brown joining in an “£11m deal”, fee was only £4m.

No way Leverkusen are paying €10m

It was £4.4m and that's what was widely reported at the time.

Leverkusen will pay €10m. That will be the fee, it's not inclusive of wages etc or any other shite excuse you want to come up with. It's bizarre that our fans always do this when they sell a player.

They're in a  shite state just now. Horrendous actually. That doesn't change the fact that this is good business from them.

5 minutes ago, BookWorm said:

There sits a broken man. Lol.

7 minutes ago, Willis said:

Its hilarious how quickly he goes from acting like they're worldbeating superstars to talking like they're a bang on average team from Scotland who's form isn't too bad 🤣 Anything to soften the blows.

This is fucking glorious 😅 we're making them look like a diddy club

The complete failure from Lennon makes it all the sweeter.