them

MisterC

I can’t believe the amount of discussion over one of their players transfer fee?

Never found the fascination about it. Clubs in the English Championship are selling players for £25m+ ever other transfer window and we’ve fans bickering about who is worth more.

No wonder we’re such a backwater country in footballing terms. Greeting about transfer fees.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye that's why we are a footballing backwater.

One of the reasons. We scoff at any club even the sheep with McKenna when they wanted a decent few. Every club in Scotland should be demanding the most for their players not up to other clubs fans to ridicule it.

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

One of the reasons. We scoff at any club even the sheep with McKenna when they wanted a decent few. Every club in Scotland should be demanding the most for their players not up to other clubs fans to ridicule it.

I get the argument but the only clubs who should be getting decent fees for their players is us & the taigs, not because we're big clubs but because the players developed in Scotland/brought to Scotland by the rest of the league are absolute pish.

There will be the odd occasion that somebody like Aberdeen/Hibs find a gem, sell them and make a bit of money but overall the quality in the league outside us 2 is non-existent.

Not often i'll do it but if you sit and watch a game outwith us 2, Aberdeen vs St Johnstone a few months ago was on Sky 1, the level of football on display is absolutely embarrassing & that goes back to the fact the coaches are stuck in the 1980s!

Just now, Valance1690 said:

I get the argument but the only clubs who should be getting decent fees for their players is us & the taigs, not because we're big clubs but because the players developed in Scotland/brought to Scotland by the rest of the league are absolute pish.

There will be the odd occasion that somebody like Aberdeen/Hibs find a gem, sell them and make a bit of money but overall the quality in the league outside us 2 is non-existent.

Not often i'll do it but if you sit and watch a game outwith us 2, Aberdeen vs St Johnstone a few months ago was on Sky 1, the level of football on display is absolutely embarrassing & that goes back to the fact the coaches are stuck in the 1980s!

I get your point but if a club wants to pay x amount for a player I don’t get why opposition fans feel the need to get outraged and phone up Clyde 1 or rant on Twitter and start comparing transfer fees about players .

It’s baffling.

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Amongst all the hilarity has anyone noticed if Eduoard, Lennon or Klimala have been cited off the SFA yet?

or duffy for his kent tackle or brown for his handbags??

Na they only cite Morelos when somebody headbutts his elbow.

The Frimpong transfer is interesting - and definitely worth discussing.

It's sets a new benchmark for transfer fees out of Scotland - in the context where a Barasic or Katic could be moving in the summer?

It also indicates their mentality towards the league - he's one of their better players, could have held off to the summer with any potential sale, but suggests that they are taking the money now because they've to a great extent chucked it.

Be interesting if they cash in on Edouard if there is interest from Leicester 

49 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You'd honestly be wrong.

Maurice Johnstone was an established international player, this would be akin to Liam Burt switching sides or some other no mark bastard.

At that point they hadn't had no challenge for 9 years and fans weren't anywhere near as entitled and arrogant as they are now.

Given all the hype about how he would be sold for millions would be another contributing factor to their seethe.

7 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

The Frimpong transfer is interesting - and definitely worth discussing.

It's sets a new benchmark for transfer fees out of Scotland - in the context where a Barasic or Katic could be moving in the summer?

It also indicates their mentality towards the league - he's one of their better players, could have held off to the summer with any potential sale, but suggests that they are taking the money now because they've to a great extent chucked it.

Be interesting if they cash in on Edouard if there is interest from Leicester 

Be interesting to see the player power now at their club. They've bowed down to Frimpong, a 20 year old who has been at the club for a year. If edouard digs his heels in and says he only wants to go to Leicester, they might be forced to sell or he leaves them on the cheap and the impact of that doesn't take into account the alleged PSG clause. 

29 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

I get your point but if a club wants to pay x amount for a player I don’t get why opposition fans feel the need to get outraged and phone up Clyde 1 or rant on Twitter and start comparing transfer fees about players .

It’s baffling.

I agree with that 100%, I couldn't give a fuck what Frimpong (or anybody outwith our players) goes for but I think the outrage as you put it comes from the fact the taigs seem to have a knack over the last few years of punting bang average players for very good money & for all our positives, that's something we haven't learned to do yet.

Hope we can sort in the summer if/when players do start getting linked elsewhere.