them

MisterC

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Away and don't talk shite man.

See if you went into tescos and they "demanded" well over the odds for something, what would your next move be?

You have the choice not to buy, just like the clubs trying to buy the players.

Its easy to forget that what we regard as really big money in Scotland means nothing in some leagues.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Never said it was bad. The point about arguing over transfer fees doesn’t show it in its best light 

"No wonder we’re such a backwater country in footballing terms. Greeting about transfer fees."

Arguing semantics now, nobody is "greeting" about transfer fees and noising each other up about transfer fees is hardly unique to Scottish football.

30 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

You just have to laugh at the deluded idiots, clinging to their new club pish.

It's driving them nuts that we're taking the title in the season they spent years singing about lol. It's only going to get better once it's secured. 

They’ll be boycotting every place that says it’s our 55th title no doubt.

They’ll be adding other places to their banned list that started this year including Bet 365, Sky Sports, Papa John’s and any tv programme that stars Maya Jama in it. 😂

Just now, folkestoneger said:

You have the choice not to buy, just like the clubs trying to buy the players.

Its easy to forget that what we regard as really big money in Scotland means nothing in some leagues.

Exactly, so if we try and drive up prices then the buyier will simply move on to another market.

It has no bearing on whether we are a footballing backwater or not.

Just now, B1872 said:

They’ll be boycotting every place that says it’s our 55th title no doubt.

They’ll be adding other places to their list that started this year including Bet 365, Sky Sports, Papa John’s and any tv programme that stars Maya Jama in it. 😂

Wish they would all boycott breathing tbh.

54 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

You said its a reason why football in this country is so shite:lol:

Your second point kinda defeats your own argument.

Players are only worth what buying clubs are willing to pay.

But we do get shafted at times. 
Look at some scots in the epl who left Scotland for peanuts and are suddenly worth tens of millions.

If we demanded realistic fees the money could improve our league.

If we kept those players they could improve our league.

I know it won’t happen because of economics but it doesn’t change the fact that we are mugs.

5 minutes ago, folkestoneger said:

Or just maybe they would pay a better price.  Probably not but who lnows

I get what you are saying bud, you have made the argument for it better and I fully understand it. We gave always been pretty bad as a club for getting value for our players, that's something I hope Gerrard can reverse given how highly regarded he was as a player.

4 hours ago, mclovin9091 said:

Don't doubt that but records need to be kept and when they get audited then there needs to be paperwork to show they aren't hiding money (not paying not tax on it).

So let's say they claimed to sell Edouard for £40m, (but actually they only received £10m) the auditors would be looking for a large spike in tax being paid. If it wasn't there they would asking why/where it had gone.

IfS and buts and I suppose it doesn't matter.

celtic will says it’s ‘undisclosed’, leak / give an inflated figure to the press, and you’ll never need to worry about it because it will become gospel. 

17 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

celtic will says it’s ‘undisclosed’, leak / give an inflated figure to the press, and you’ll never need to worry about it because it will become gospel. 

German media reporting the deal as follows. Could rise to 10M euros. 4 year contract at 1M euro per year. pingpongs wages. scum to be paid 3.7M euros. Rest is add ons.

3.7m euros + add ons is a hell of a mark up on a player who has only played 18 or so games and can't defend or cross. What am I missing here? Germans are not daft, they don't throw away money for nothing.

Also, do American hookers who don't get laid have to quarantine upon arrival in Germany?

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

3.7m euros + add ons is a hell of a mark up on a player who has only played 18 or so games and can't defend or cross. What am I missing here? Germans are not daft, they don't throw away money for nothing.

Also, do American hookers who don't get laid have to quarantine upon arrival in Germany?

Well he's got good potential, he's just not improved at all there. They've signed him and Fosu-Mensah to compete for RB.

55 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Only if have made a deposit in them

6 hours ago, TheJacketRFC said:

No doubt will be undisclosed fee 🤣

It is indeed undisclosed, which kind of makes a mockery of the £11m figure being kicked around.  I highly doubt that the actual value of cash they bank for him is anywhere near that.  We really shouldn’t care as they have difficulty spending wisely based on their current squad.