them

MisterC

11 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I think it should be okay as long as the temperature doesn't drop and freeze. 

I believe it was called off for ice and the other time being waterlogged. 

Yeah ice is a whole different ball game.

Surely at a pro club they would have the staff available to get covers on the pitch when snow was forecast?

Do the spfl still fine clubs for called off games?

16 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

If it's only snowing i'm not sure that's enough to have the game called off? Whats up with sweeping the lines and using an Orange ball?

Going by what the council say about their pitches, you cant just sweep it because the black rubber needs spread evenly, and sweeping a pitch ruins that, apparently theres a machine that sweeps the pitch and respreads the rubber bits evenly, the council have one of them iirc, wouldnt surprise me if livi dont even have one due to costs lol

9 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Just cleared my driveway, snow soft and turning to slush. No way the game will be off unless it continues to melt and becomes waterlogged.

Of as GT says, it turns to ice.

Cold snap and it could quite easily happen.

Can Livi not just invoke some spfl rule snd move kick off time to 3pm today?

2 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Going by what the council say about their pitches, you cant just sweep it because the black rubber needs spread evenly, and sweeping a pitch ruins that, apparently theres a machine that sweeps the pitch and respreads the rubber bits evenly, the council have one of them iirc, wouldnt surprise me if livi dont even have one due to costs lol

In Scottish football nothing surprises me, you'd think they'd have some sort of commercial tie in with the local authority so could maybe call in a favour.

1 minute ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Gallagher got jailed for 3 years for melting some poor bastard with a baseball bat, the guy suffered a fractured skull and bleed on the brain forcing him to give up his job

Gallagher now represents the scotland national team

Thats way worse than what martindale has done 😂😂

Fuck I know, beggars belief that either of them are anywhere near a team in the top league in the country :lol:

14 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Get the tarriers to loan them their big sweep brushes. If they can sweep away all the CSA stuff then they'll get rid of that snow in no time.

Yes. They've had the same brush for decades. Saved their club hundreds. Only had to replace the brush handle and head 50 times.:pipe:

4 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

That pitch is a disgrace. If it get called off they will be what 3 or 4 postponements this year alone. They should be getting their baws rattled for that.

Sooner the cunts get relegated and stay down there the better. Shambles of a pitch.

2 minutes ago, Nameless Ghoul said:

Lots of snow in Livingston but surely on a plastic pitch they can just run a snow plough over it? It's raining now too not snowing.

They will try their best to get it called off regardless. 

Taigs might but Livi will be desperate for it to go ahead since it's on Sky, they won't want to lose out on the money

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Do we know if the Compliance Officer is officially away yet? It was said she was going early in the New Year.

The scum have slated the SFA and 2 member clubs, a clear breach of the rules and one they should be facing charges on.

If there's no CO in position who then determines who gets charged? The same association leaders who are on the JRG committee who authorised Dubai then cleared the scum of protocol breaches?

Game is a fucking shambles. 2 associations and none of it is fit for purpose let alone holds the scum to account.

Only one way to test it - get Alfie to post something inflammatory about the SFA or a ref on Instagram.

Guaranteed they'll still magically be in post for that, with record fines and suspensions levied in record time.

nb. I fully expect every manager to have a field day in terms of being open and honest this weekend and going forward, now that the precedent has been set by TLB.