them

MisterC

1 hour ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Do they have undersoil heating? No sure if a heating system underneath a plastic pitch with black rubber would work tbh

I thought undersoil heating was a prerequisite for SPL clubs. If you don't need it because it's artificial then they must have a means of quickly clearing snow form the pitch?

16 minutes ago, don logan said:

I thought undersoil heating was a prerequisite for SPL clubs. If you don't need it because it's artificial then they must have a means of quickly clearing snow form the pitch?

Think they took that rule out, something to do with undersoil heating and drainage not being compatable, and a lot of clubs choosing drainage given the rain scotland can get all year round 

Livingston's clash with celtic should go ahead as planned, despite heavy snow on the pitch at the Tony Macaroni Arena.

Heavy snow has covered the pitch and Livingston have twice had to call off a fixture against Aberdeen.

However, a Livi source has assured Record Sport that the game should be able to go ahead.

While the surface is covered in snow, a small area has been cleared and the pitch underneath is playable.

from the DR

I intend to watch this game tonight hoping that Livi get a break this time. Quite enjoyed Saturdays match watching scum struggle to get a point.

The SNP have had a go at them today as have St Johnstone. Nothing but silence from the SFA and the SPFL. I am sure that other clubs are taking note.

6 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

Think they took that rule out, something to do with undersoil heating and drainage not being compatable, and a lot of clubs choosing drainage given the rain scotland can get all year round 

They put them all under a pitch protection rule in 2013 where clubs could choose what to do as long as their pitch is adequately protected so really rules were very much relaxed.

Also just because undersoil/plastic heating is installed doesn't mean the clubs have to have it on.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Remember that time they tried to say Barcelona wanted Samaras on the basis of a fan poll :lol:

Remember when they said they're £5m star striker signing had rejected Barcelona? Wonder what happened to him? Oh aye, sitting on their bench doing heehaw.

Tarriers love putting out links to big clubs, makes them feel important and their support lap it up as gospel.