them

MisterC

11 hours ago, CoGerfficiency said:

I'm happy, so I don't need cheering up? If people want to come on here and talk about terrible ref standards and inconsistent standards, which is what Gerrard has literally just talked about within hardly any time passing, they should  though without wee lassie snidy comments that they need cheering up or that they are greeting. Is Gerrard needing cheering up or is he greeting about something that should obviously be expressed and talked about? Is Gerrard just sparking a conspiracy? End of story really! Cheers.

Gerrard wanted consistency when being dealt with by the compliance officer, fuck all to do with the standards during a match 

1 minute ago, TamCoopz said:

Gerrard wanted consistency when being dealt with by the compliance officer, fuck all to do with the standards during a match 

Yeah sure he said the referees need more help rather than be re-refereed every single match of ours and not in the rest. 

Hopefully this new guy has sense and rips up the re-refereeing standards that are making referees a laughing stock.

3 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Hate that am going to defend BBC here but one image is from the minute by minute facts that reports facts and one image is from the "as it happened" chat. 

Here's the "as it happened" from Saturday. 

1233466041_Screenshot_20210218-080709_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.0bfda1393bc314e1745b6469bba9deef.jpg

All depends who is typing out the report but think we all know BBC Scotland are very much biased against us due to their own self banning. 

24 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

I said this but apparently if the refs gave that much help it would be ‘too obvious’ 😂😂 so the refs are helping them but only a little bit 

fucking zoomers on here 

Fucking zoomers on here must think refs can score goals for celtic.

5 minutes ago, AGM_72 said:

Aye, but the individual match segments (when a game is on going) are done matter of fact, no emotive language. The as it happened section is where the more emotive language is used to describe goals. 

As I said, not really interested in defending the BBC but the two sections have two different style guides.

That's what I meant. It'll be a different person for that section. 

26 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Fucking zoomers on here must think refs can score goals for celtic.

The refs could start sending off cunts from the opposition for doing very little and give the taigs numerical advantage, could probably give them more penalties than they already get. Plenty of things the refs can do but aye they can’t make it too obvious 

56 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

The refs could start sending off cunts from the opposition for doing very little and give the taigs numerical advantage, could probably give them more penalties than they already get. Plenty of things the refs can do but aye they can’t make it too obvious 

Calm down mate

3 hours ago, AGM_72 said:

Hate that am going to defend BBC here but one image is from the minute by minute facts that reports facts and one image is from the "as it happened" chat. 

Here's the "as it happened" from Saturday. 

1233466041_Screenshot_20210218-080709_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.0bfda1393bc314e1745b6469bba9deef.jpg

Mate i didn't even check it got sent it in a WhatsApp group 

Generally thought it was true due to the other incident involving Morelos scoring against FC Midtjylland a couple of years ago and when the taigs scored they called edouard "french eddie"

There have been major talking points in celtic's last four games. The posters who are defending against conspiracy would be screaming from the rooftops if the points gap was closer. They are getting dodgy decisions and four opposing managers have complained post-match. It is plain to see.

Personally, I'm fine with it if it gives Lennon a stay of execution.  

Scum doing what scum do best

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-9273781/Pictured-celtic-fan-35-charged-offensive-tweet-Captain-Tom-Moore.html

A celtic fan has denied sending an 'offensive' tweet about Captain Sir Tom Moore that read 'burn, auld fella, buuurn' a day after the war hero and NHS fundraiser's death. 

Joseph Kelly, 35, from Castlemilk in Glasgow, allegedly tweeted on February 3: 'The only good Brit soldier is a deed one, burn auld fella, buuuuurn.' He was later charged under the Communications Act 2003. 

The move sparked an outcry led by Laurence Fox, who questioned why police were using the legal system to prosecute 'idiots who tweet idiotic things', as he urged everyone to 'protect free speech, even if you don't agree with what's being said'.     

It comes as the SNP continues efforts to introduce a new hate crime bill that will criminalise 'stirring up hatred' - a 'vague' definition that critics believe could legalise cancel culture.

Kelly - who has posted photos on Facebook showing him holding a celtic scarf - was not present when the case called at Lanark Sheriff Court yesterday and a not guilty plea was submitted by lawyer Archie Hill on his behalf

The Communications Act - which was passed by the British Parliament but also applies in Scotland - criminalises 'electronic communications' that are 'grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing'. 

Recently, it was used to charge a policeman accused of sending a 'grossly offensive' doctored image of George Floyd's arrest in the US with other officers in work WhatsApp group. 

He has denied sending the message and the case will go to trial. 

The charges against Kelly state: 'On February 3 2021, you Joseph Kelly did cause to be sent by means of a public electronic communications network a post to the public using social media that was grossly offensive or of an indecent, obscene or menacing character, and that did utter offensive remarks about Captain Sir Tom Moore, now deceased.'

Sheriff Nikola Stewart set an intermediate appearance for Wednesday May 19 before a trial date of Thursday June 17.

Sir Tom, who captured the hearts of the nation with his fundraising efforts during the first coronavirus lockdown, died in Bedford Hospital on February 2 after testing positive for Covid-19.

He walked 100 laps of his garden before his 100th birthday, raising more than £32 million for the NHS.

The move to charge Kelly was announced earlier this month, prompting a backlash on freedom of speech grounds. 

Laurence Fox tweeted: 'The police should be free to do their jobs, which is investigate actual crime, not arresting idiots who tweet idiotic things.

'Freedom of speech is the cornerstone of any open society. Protect it, even if you don't like or agree with it.' 

One libertarian Scottish Twitter user wrote 'my country is a joke' next to an article announcing the charge. 

Politics lecturer Adrian Hilton wrote: 'Unless this tweet threatened violence or incited civil unrest or some other kind of harm, I'd very much like to know why this man has been arrested. We have a right to be 'offensive', and that's a high bar...' 

It comes as the SNP continues attempts to introduce a controversial new hate crime law that would criminalise 'stirring up hatred'. 

Senior lawyer Thomas Ross, QC, is one of the most high-profile critics of the SNP's hate crime bill. 

He warned it would be 'impossible' for Scots to know if they had committed a crime, which could lead to debate on controversial subjects being stifled.

He believes laws are already in place to deal with those who commit hate crimes, while the vague language used in the Bill could lead to serious offenders being acquitted.

Serious concerns have been raised, including over vague language and reference to 'inflammatory material'.

Lawyers, politicians, campaigners and religious groups believe the law could have a devastating impact on freedom of speech.

In particular, they believe a section referring to the 'stirring up of hatred' signals that someone could be charged over comments perceived to be offensive, even if this is not intended.

There are also concerns people could be prosecuted for possessing 'inflammatory material' - which could include books, blogs, leaflets or social media. Those who share, forward or repeat such material could also face charges.

Mr Ross said: 'If the Scottish Government is going to create an offence that can be committed unintentionally, drafters of the legislation have to make the essentials of the offence crystal clear. They've failed to do that.

'The language used in the Bill is so difficult to understand that it will be impossible for the man or woman in the street to know when the line is likely to be crossed.

'A person might think, 'I don't intend to be offensive and I don't think this comment is abusive, but what might a mythical sheriff think about it if the procurator fiscal is persuaded to prosecute? Why take the chance'.

1 hour ago, maverick1200 said:

Laurence Fox tweeted: 'The police should be free to do their jobs, which is investigate actual crime, not arresting idiots who tweet idiotic things.

'Freedom of speech is the cornerstone of any open society. Protect it, even if you don't like or agree with it.' 

One libertarian Scottish Twitter user wrote 'my country is a joke' next to an article announcing the charge. 

Politics lecturer Adrian Hilton wrote: 'Unless this tweet threatened violence or incited civil unrest or some other kind of harm, I'd very much like to know why this man has been arrested. We have a right to be 'offensive', and that's a high bar...' 

As long as the bar is set at the hieght of offending fenians.
A 17 year old Rangers fan ended up doing 4 months for singing a song the last time you used OBAF act.

7 hours ago, TamCoopz said:

Waw! Which is about refereeing decisions that lead to compliance officer decisions! I think you'll find it's everything to do with standards. The one decision about roofe being trialed outside refereeing is what it is one decision outside the usual terrible standards of refereeing that lead to compliance officer complaints, or do you think it's the bogey man that book players for foul play in games ? Gerrard was talking about more than one incident regarding the roofe decision.

I'm all for freedom of speech. It is the cornerstone to western society. But you have to draw the line sometimes. This old fella raised £32 million as a 100 yr old. Think about that achievement for a minute... The tweet was disgusting from an absolute moron and he should be punished.

46 minutes ago, CoGerfficiency said:

Waw! Which is about refereeing decisions that lead to compliance officer decisions! I think you'll find it's everything to do with standards. The one decision about roofe being trialed outside refereeing is what it is one decision outside the usual terrible standards of refereeing that lead to compliance officer complaints, or do you think it's the bogey man that book players for foul play in games ? Gerrard was talking about more than one incident regarding the roofe decision.

So the referees are shite is what this comes down to, well done. The refereeing decisions have benefitted us in that the player hasn’t been sent off but has been given a ban after the compliance officer has looked at it

17 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Guarantee these people are silent when people get done for using the word 'fenian' as well. This is the problem - when they're selective about their commitment to freedom of speech, all they do is undermine it. It's all permissible or none of it is. Some of these people would be outraged and calling for punishments if one of their heroes died and was then mocked. 

Let's face it, there's a section of Scottish society that wants the freedom to offend whoever they like without repercussions ever having to be offended themselves. Just look at the debates around the word 'H**'.

Lawrence Fox would treat something like that the same.

ive always struggled with people who feign offence at the Billy Boys while using H£# and Orange Bastard regularly. It’s almost as if there’s a double standard at play.

14 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

So the referees are shite is what this comes down to, well done. The refereeing decisions have benefitted us in that the player hasn’t been sent off but has been given a ban after the compliance officer has looked at it

Now you are just willfully choosing to ignore what I just said in the last post. You just jumped into something without thinking it through..well done!

2 hours ago, Robmc1 said:

The same people are all too quick to shout about what offends them (everything) and just as quick to tell others what should offend you (nothing)...

It’s pretty terrifying the way this is all playing out to be honest. Not just in Scotland either. This global censoring of speech and feigning offence at words is something an awful lot like fascism.

I long for the days when the fuckwit that came out with that tweet would have got a leathering for his trouble and no more said about it. back when we could call them fenian bastards and they would call us dirty orange bastards and all was well in the world. 

There used to be jokes about “political correctness gone mad” back in the day. Nowadays it’s actually beyond satire and into totalitarian states