them

MisterC

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ve been told that they’re slashing season ticket prices by upto 50 percent next year and coupled with no CL money they’re either going to have to cut costs on a large scale which will be subsidised by selling any player worth a fee or Desmond will bankroll them, which i can’t see happening.

Oh I hope so, Imagine if this of all seasons finished with them having serious money problems. There's just not enough bridges in Scotland to jump off.

Paul John Dykes, host of The celtic State of Mind podcast, says: "[Belgium manager] Roberto Martinez with [Belgium assistant boss] Shaun Maloney as his assistant.

"celtic fans may scoff at that idea. Tt’s a lofty, lofty claim, but stranger things have happened.”

Lol

10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I’ve been told that they’re slashing season ticket prices by upto 50 percent next year and coupled with no CL money they’re either going to have to cut costs on a large scale which will be subsidised by selling any player worth a fee or Desmond will bankroll them, which i can’t see happening.

I’ve been saying for ages my only worry is if Desmond bank rolls them. Looking at their finances, if the sell assets they do have then the majority of that money will be spent on covering running costs, paying for transfers (they have current liabilities of £25 million - majority of transfer/loan fees) and paying for tax they still owe from last year. (£6.4 million)

I think their next manager will tell us loads about what’s going on, if it’s Clarke it’ll be a rebuilding job with SPFL/lower league players from England and very little money to spend. Mainly free transfer and loans.

If it’s Martinez/Benitez(majority of tarriers think it’s him) then Desmond will be funding transfers for a rebuild as there isn’t enough money at celtic for the club to possibly pay for the players he’ll want.

Just now, B1872 said:

I’ve been saying for ages my only worry is if Desmond bank rolls them. Looking at their finances, if the sell assets they do have then the majority of that money will be spent on covering running costs, paying for transfers (they have current liabilities of £25 million - majority of transfer/loan fees) and paying for tax they still owe from last year. (£6.4 million)

I think their next manager will tell us loads about what’s going on, if it’s Clarke it’ll be a rebuilding job with SPFL/lower league players from England and very little money to spend. Mainly free transfer and loans.

If it’s Martinez/Benitez(majority of tarriers think it’s him) then Desmond will be funding transfers for a rebuild as there isn’t enough money at celtic for the club to possibly pay for the players he’ll want.

No chance it’s Benitez.

1 minute ago, B1872 said:

Aye, Derek Martinez or Geoffrey Benitez

1 hour ago, Assegai said:

Steve Clarke please, the man who had the brass neck to cry crocodile tears and thank Chelsea for taking him and his family away from sectarian prejudice in Scotland in utter denial of the fact that he played for fans who wouldn't allow a person of colour with them on the terraces or in the Chelsea team. The perennial victimhood mentality is perfect for that club.

That and he'll have a plastic pitch put down at the San Giro and play on the counter against St Johnstone.