them

MisterC

5 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

Just look at the rebuilding job they face.

Barkas will surely go if they can find mugs to buy him, Bain will presumably stay as No 1 but another keeper needed.

In defence, Ajer, Laxalt, Duffy will go and they’ll try to build around young Welsh who is one of their better CBs in recent years. If Jullien ever gets over Covid and stookies, he’ll not contribute much next season and I don’t expect Bitton to play centre half too often, especially not against us. So I reckon they need at least three centre backs, cover for Taylor at left back and a right back. We’ll know if Fritzel is serious or not if they bring in O’Donnell at RB and Gallagher at centre half. Minimum five players required.

Even more pressure on McGregor next season in the middle and Turnbull should start most games too. Soro for Brown is obvious (if he stays) but they need at least two decent midfielders just for numbers, never mind quality.

Griffiths will be parped and I expect Christie to go too. French Eddie may well go back to France to see out his remaining years as an U21 international :lol: 

El Younoussi back to Southampton just leaves NaeNeck and Pikey Johnson with nobody to cross to. Duds (Klimala, Ajeti) will be moved on at a loss  Minimum three first team strikers needed.

By my reckoning that is at least eleven players needed just to stand still and gives them very little depth.

We cannot be complacent (big part of the scum downfall imo) but we really need to capitalise on the absolute shambles they find themselves in.

:UK:

The last part is especially true.

I know they have spunked a huge amount of cash, but if they only get half back of what they supposedly paid for each player then they will have a pretty decent amount of cash right there for anyone manager/DoF coming in to strengthen with.

We are in an excellent position but can’t afford to take our eye of the ball. (Not that I think we will)

34 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Completely the wrong attitude to have. Their arrogance was their downfall.

'2nd may be beyond them' is a ridiculous statement.

You are as entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. I stand by what I said. We must agree to disagree.

2 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

Barkas will surely go if they can find mugs to buy him, Bain will presumably stay as No 1 but another keeper needed.

In defence, Ajer, Laxalt, Duffy will go and they’ll try to build around young Welsh who is one of their better CBs in recent years. If Jullien ever gets over Covid and stookies, he’ll not contribute much next season and I don’t expect Bitton to play centre half too often, especially not against us. So I reckon they need at least three centre backs, cover for Taylor at left back and a right back. We’ll know if Fritzel is serious or not if they bring in O’Donnell at RB and Gallagher at centre half. Minimum five defensive players required.

Even more pressure on McGregor next season in the middle and Turnbull should start most games too. Soro for Brown is obvious (if he stays) but they need at least two decent midfielders just for numbers, never mind quality.

Griffiths will be parped and I expect Christie to go too. French Eddie may well go back to France to see out his remaining years as an U21 international :lol: 

El Younoussi back to Southampton just leaves NaeNeck and Pikey Johnson with nobody to cross to. Duds (Klimala, Ajeti) will be moved on at a loss  Minimum three first team strikers needed.

By my reckoning that is at least eleven players needed just to stand still and gives them very little depth.

We cannot be complacent (big part of the scum downfall imo) but we really need to capitalise on the absolute shambles they find themselves in.

They have a shitload of work to do and yet many of their hordes actually think they can pull this off in one window lol. 

I don't see us getting complacent under gerrard. He's going to not only want more domestic success but to continue progressing in Europe. 

6 hours ago, GersInCanada said:

I honestly don't think it matters who they appoint. Massive rebuilding job to go through. No way they will get close to us next season. They will be battling with others for the places and even 2nd may be beyond them.

We on the other hand are looking to further improve - we will not stand still. 56 is a given.

DD seems to get that and has talked about the new manager needing time. scum will hate that as they lack patience. Soon as they start dropping points the protests will begin much to our enjoyment.

Think they’ll get 2nd no problem mate. It would be some embarrassment if they couldn’t. Look at the rest of the league. There’s no one else that can challenge. 

5 hours ago, Colin Traive said:

In defence, Ajer, Laxalt, Duffy will go and they’ll try to build around young Welsh who is one of their better CBs in recent years. If Jullien ever gets over Covid and stookies, he’ll not contribute much next season and I don’t expect Bitton to play centre half too often, especially not against us. So I reckon they need at least three centre backs, cover for Taylor at left back and a right back. We’ll know if Fritzel is serious or not if they bring in O’Donnell at RB and Gallagher at centre half. Minimum five defensive players required.

Don’t agree about Welsh he’s not improved their awful defending at set pieces and I don’t think he has the physical presence to build a defence around.

1 hour ago, Dickie said:

Don’t agree about Welsh he’s not improved their awful defending at set pieces and I don’t think he has the physical presence to build a defence around.

It’s all relative, mate.

I agree he’s distinctly average but, next to Duffy and Bitton, he’s Franco fucking Baresi and, by far, the best of a bad bunch.

If he’s the rock they build around, that’ll do me.

No way Steve Clarke gets the job. How much of a joke would the SFA look if the manager that got the national team to their 1st euros in 20 years left before said national team was out of said european competition.

Oh wait!!! Tenner going on Clarke.

54 minutes ago, mclovin9091 said:

No way Steve Clarke gets the job. How much of a joke would the SFA look if the manager that got the national team to their 1st euros in 20 years left before said national team was out of said european competition.

Oh wait!!! Tenner going on Clarke.

If it is him it will obviously be after the tournament

9 hours ago, 72barca said:

Can this season get any better?

39556108-e50d-48ff-bbf6-87de5074e553.jpg

Luxembourg's Gerson Rodrigues (centre) celebrates

World Cup qualifiers: Republic of Ireland suffer shock defeat to Luxembourg

By Sporting Life

22:42 · SAT March 27, 2021

Gerson Rodrigues condemned the Republic of Ireland to an embarrassing 1-0 defeat in Dublin as Luxembourg won a World Cup qualifier for just the sixth time in their history.

The striker blasted home an 85th-minute winner at the Aviva Stadium to all but end Ireland’s hopes of making it out of Group A after just two games and pile the pressure on manager Stephen Kenny, who has won none of his first 10 matches at the helm.

:django: