them

MisterC

53 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I suppose Maloney is the link. I wonder what his odds are currently. I’ve heard it too many times in the last few days - makes we wonder if he is at least on the shortlist.

Maloney might be a link but I doubt his blowjobs are so good that he can convince Martinez to give up on Hazard, Lukaku, De Bruyne, Tielsmans etc to rebuild a tarrier team from scratch in a month's time for the CL qualifiers and then tackle the likes of Motherwell, Dundee, Hibs and Aberdeen. If he failed he'd be closer to the bottom of the barrell than at the top. Doesn't seem like a risk worth taking for him imo. Could be wrong, of course. 

At the very least you'd imagine he'd want players of similar quality to work with again if he was to leave for club football. 

7 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Can see martinez getting it this summer.

I thought there would be no chance until I seen he only gets €1.2M salary with Belgium (or so a quick Google said) which is well within their ballpark I guess as Brenda & Lemon got £2.5M p/a. Maloney was at one of their games recently, either coincidence or scoping out the damage and squad rebuild needed. So it’s definitely a possibility. 

Tom English hahahahaha

What makes the Lennon years so compelling is not just the football; it's the poison attached to the football, or attached to the people who abused him for his nationality and his religion.

There has never been a more persecuted character in the Scottish game and you hope nobody will ever have to deal with the bigotry that he has to live with for the longest time.

Bullets in the post, attacks on the touchline, assaults on the streets, graffiti on walls - it's been horrific. Part of the sadness in Lennon's demise at Celtic comes from the fact that some fans who once declared that he would never walk alone then went for him when results really turned bad this season.

Among those who tore into him on social media - their only opportunity to vent given that the stadium gates have been shut - there were no allowances for what he'd done for the club, no special status. Inevitable, of course, given how awful the results were, but bleak none the less.

When a viable parcel bomb with his name on the package was intercepted at a sorting office coming up for 10 years ago, there was a candlelight vigil for the manager outside Celtic Park. When they lost a Cup tie to Ross County in November there were ugly scenes not far from where the vigil had taken place.

From 'We Are All Neil Lennon...' to 'Neil Lennon, get tae...'. It was Scottish football's own take on a Shakespearean tragedy