them

MisterC

4 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Sorry mate but you're clueless 

Not really to be honest. Why has he been and Newcastle and China the past 6 years if he’s relevant?

Youve included a list of what he’s won all cups including a fair few glorified friendlies. Also got knocked out of Champions league qualifiers with Napoli. We’re in 2021 now his ‘success ‘ is a long time ago now.

Sir Alex won the Champions league 3 years after Benítezs success with Liverpool and reached a final in 2011. Wouldn’t want him rocking up at Ibrox either in the summer.

Benitez is passed it and it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if he joined the tarriers.

1 hour ago, hammer93 said:

Are you overlooking what he achieved at Valencia?

Say what you want but Beneitez is not overrated ffs 

okay he did well with a team he did not assemble at valencia. are you overlooking that. that team had reached two successive champions league finals prior to him taking over.

To be honest, Benitez is exactly the kind of name they will be forced into going for, its the only way they will get them to buy season tickets.

He will cost a big whack and there are no guarantees he will bring success. He is however a big step up from Lennon.

They could appoint some diddy, but they will lose money because they wont renew their tickets. They will pay more for Benitez but they will make the money back with the revenue he brings in.

I actually always considered him overrated as well, but he must be decent with all the opinions of him with those who worked with him.

I think he might struggle to adapt to playing with limited players again, having become accustomed to teams with massive budgets.

I still doubt they will get him, but if they do, they will be a much bigger threat next season.

19 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Not really to be honest. Why has he been and Newcastle and China the past 6 years if he’s relevant?

Youve included a list of what he’s won all cups including a fair few glorified friendlies. Also got knocked out of Champions league qualifiers with Napoli. We’re in 2021 now his ‘success ‘ is a long time ago now.

Sir Alex won the Champions league 3 years after Benítezs success with Liverpool and reached a final in 2011. Wouldn’t want him rocking up at Ibrox either in the summer.

Benitez is passed it and it wouldn’t bother me in the slightest if he joined the tarriers.

they seem to forget most of his success was from from teams he did not build. look what his squad building did to liverpools finances. and like i have said before the great rafa was 3-0 down at half time in a champions league final and was bailed out by steven gerrard.

then you look at newcastle, that team he left was minging and all he could do was blame ashley and run to china.

10 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

okay he did well with a team he did not assemble at valencia. are you overlooking that. that team had reached two successive champions league finals prior to him taking over.

That makes no sense....look at what's happened across the city....Lennon took over a decent squad of players....because he is a shite manager it is starting to fall to pieces....surely the same thing would have happened with Benitez at Valencia rather than him being successful?

6 minutes ago, Siam69 said:

Mirror article is click bait.

Mail is quoting from the Mirror.

Brilliant stuff if the Mirror has been caught with the fake letter to run that, even though it doesn't say anything except 'could', 'in the frame for' etc.

Yeah the certainty of the headline doesn't exactly match the article content 

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

That makes no sense....look at what's happened across the city....Lennon took over a decent squad of players....because he is a shite manager it is starting to fall to pieces....surely the same thing would have happened with Benitez at Valencia rather than him being successful?

hard for it to happen at valencia when he left at the height of his success there with the team he inherited.

why then at liverpool where he had more money and higher chances of signing better players could he not win a league and had to be bailed out by gerrard in a final?

people mention inter, he lasted 6 months......

6 minutes ago, Mclean RFC said:

hard for it to happen at valencia when he left at the height of his success there with the team he inherited.

why then at liverpool where he had more money and higher chances of signing better players could he not win a league and had to be bailed out by gerrard in a final?

people mention inter, he lasted 6 months......

Liverpool were playing catch up to Man utd and Chelsea in those days, I couldn't say for sure but I believe he was close in one of his seasons to win the league.....two champions league finals out of 3yrs isn't luck mate

People on here were making similar cases when brenda went to them.....like I've said I don't believe he will end up at the papes but if he did then he is a far superior manager to tlb 

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Newcastle aren’t a “lower league” English team and plenty of managers and players  who are too good to be there have chased the money in China.

You can try and spin it however you want to try and make it suit your argument that he isn’t a good manager but Benitez has a strong CV and he would be a significant step up in quality, not only from Lennon, but also from the other names who have been “touted” for it like John Kennedy, Eddie Howe, Jack Ross and so on.

He's a great manager hopefully he'll go back to Newcastle or something. 

Just now, KingKirk said:

Read the article it's completely different to the headline. 

Almost like it's a pr move to change the subject away from dubai 

Ah a distraction to stop their fans protesting, they'll want their ST money soon, Btw the mail and the sun are also saying he's their next manager,